OMG Jagex - i declare you stupid

Guest mauranius

It is not legal to woodcut & look @ forums at the same time, you should while playing the game always look at the screen ;)

Yeah, try not making up rules. Nowhere does it say you can't do that.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys want to stop this macro problem, think of a possible solution instead of muttering about banning lvl 3's and IP crap. Here's what I think : Macros/autos/bots do not need a computer to function. They need runescape. (IF you haven't noticed, they do not log out or get disconnected.) I suggest Jagex to make a leech detector (aka a program that detects unauthorized characters that are "hooked" onto runescape, much like keyloggers that latch themselves onto keyboards.) If Jagex could make one of those (what I call) "anti-bot programs" then it should solve the bot problem altogether. (Unless the characters are actually played by slaves working in a sweatshop, like Jagex had mentioned sometime ago.)

Take note that some high level players may be caught macroing (like green dragon autos). Some people even install autoclickers on their characters as they do not want to be disconnected beacuse of lagging. (Like I said, the bot program rely on runescape, not the computer.)

I think the easiest and cost efficient way of eradicating macroers would be for the players to step up and look at their own behavior. Stop buying Runescape GOLD for Real World Money.

Your problem will be solved because then they have no use for the materials they are gathering. But maybe thats just me.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I think the easiest and cost efficient way of eradicating macroers would be for the players to step up and look at their own behavior. Stop buying Runescape GOLD for Real World Money.

Your problem will be solved because then they have no use for the materials they are gathering. But maybe thats just me.

Not at all. At the end of the day, the RWT market exists only because of a psychology of cheating. Remove the idea cheating is acceptable; remove the RWT market.

Fairly simple - just a lot easier said than done. <.<

It is not legal to woodcut & look @ forums at the same time, you should while playing the game always look at the screen ;)

Taken from runescape rule 7:

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

If you are looking at the forums you are also not playing the game as it should, and believe me I asked Jagex about this and they replied to me this is counted as AFK training

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

If you are looking at the forums you are also not playing the game as it should, and believe me I asked Jagex about this and they replied to me this is counted as AFK training

First of all, looking at forums or any other websites is just fine. Going to the toilet is just fine too. What they don't want is someone standing at bandits with guthans and auto-retaliate on, and just going on with their merry way around the house while their character levels up.

Show us proof of their reply + even if you did happen to have proof, it is still not true. Most jmods don't know what they are talking about tbh. They are assigned to a specific area of the game and typically know most about that specific part.

The people to ask would be the jmods listed in the "FUll Credits" knowledge base article as the ones who watch over all the moderators. And they will tell you it's fine.

What is AFK Training?

Prompted by that, I took the liberty of sending a query myself. Wanna hear what it said?

"If you are playing RuneScape whilst browsing the forums, you are still at your computer. It is therefore not AFK training. However we recommend being extra careful when doing this. Don't forget that random events and monsters could attack you whilst you are not paying attention!"

Owned.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

this cannot be a letter from jagex, give me a screenie, you just made this up.

And by the way you cannot post the screenie here because all information jagex sends you is remain to be confidential (that's why they removed a topic of me where jagex really screwed up)

Maybe if you go to the security of stronghold you remember 1 question: If I am leaving the room can I leave my account logged in?

The appropriate answer was "no"

And btw the topic is not about rule 7

5. Limit amount of accounts to IP-adress to about 10, this will make sure family's have no chance of being created

Mauranius, some families cannot afford more than one computer. And, if you remember the 'how many accounts have you made?' poll indicated that most player have atleast 2-3 accounts!

Now, lets do some simple math using a scenario.

[scenario]

A family of that consists of a Father, Mother, Son, and a daughter. Four people. Each of them have the following:

-A main account

-A skiller

-A pure/playerkiller

[/scenario]

4 (family members) * 3 (accounts each) = 12 (accounts total). Two more than the limit you suggested. This could ban two of their accounts, lets say, the son's main and the daughter's skiller. This would make them sad? This will make the parents guilty. This guilt, will turn into anger (mild or furious). What do parents do when their children have been wronged? They correct it. Parents have alot of clout with Jagex. Parents complaining is not good for Jagex. Which could result in the whole family quitting and joining another mmorpg.

Lets say all their main accounts were members.

4 (accounts) * 5 (dollars, US) = 20. Whichs is 20 dollars a month Jagex misses out on, $240 a year, this is quite a bit. Nothing compared to what Jagex makes with ads. But still, there could be plenty of families just like this scenario. Adds up.

I'm not uncool enough to have a stat sig.

dan_i_can.png

I lied :-p

And by the way you cannot post the screenie here because all information jagex sends you is remain to be confidential (that's why they removed a topic of me where jagex really screwed up)

Wow, call me a liar just because I have proof and you made up your own crap...

Image removed to comply with Tip.It Forum Rules which states all messages should not be shown to others, however i can confirm the message verified what he quoted a few posts up. Thanks. ~ Shaz

Maybe if you go to the security of stronghold you remember 1 question: If I am leaving the room can I leave my account logged in?

Last time I checked, I never leave the room when I read the forums and play RuneScape

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I like the suggestions except the first one, which would harm lvl 3 skillers.

Who gives a fistfull of muck about self - rigtheous level 3s who think themselves so important just because they haven't killed anything in the game. BIG freaking deal, just go to level 4, big difference ? no.

Mauranius, some families cannot afford more than one computer. And, if you remember the 'how many accounts have you made?' poll indicated that most player have atleast 2-3 accounts!

How many families of 10 all playing Runescape are there ? You only need one freaking account anyway ! Two maximum.

Polnar.png

^ Or maybe you're just jealous that a level 3 has higher stats than you?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

No, why should I be ? All stats represent is time which is something that if I wanted to I could put more into the game. Why would you want to be level 3 anyway ? You miss out on a massive amount of the game, I believe it's just for attention..

Polnar.png

You only NOW noticed that skillers are made for attention?

They make their accounts, get high stats so they can get to say "Haha, my level 3 has higher mining than your main n00b!"

...BUT that still doesn't give us the right to pull the plug on them. Their account is as valuable as yours.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

I think it's fairly obvious that what I meant is that the genuine level 3 players should forgo their vainglorious attempt at standing out and gain a level or two, perhaps accept that combat is mostly what RS is about..

Polnar.png

Everyone might not like 'what RS is about' but they like skilling/pking/maining etc. and shouldn't be discriminated against or forced to change.}

I'm sure that you wouldn't someone telling you how to run your life.

8888kev8888.jpeg

then that means without a screenie (wich is not allowed in this instance)

you are also making up your question to them

Your still at the computer if your on the forums

And btw the topic is not about rule 7

didnt you bring it up, aru?

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

ok well than back to the freaking question :?

What do you think has to be done to get rid of the macroers locotus? You have such a strong opinion on me, still I think that even you must know macroers are a pest.... Throw in your suggestions

And BTW my first message was a RANT in which sometimes i didn't thought clearly and blurted out some things i thought might help, I am just really frustrated that I see more macroers every day, and no notification from Jagex they are really working on them...

Thanks btw locotus for clearing this up, but as I stated no direct screenies are allowed. I asked the same thing about a year ago and then a mod told me it was against the rules, and no I don;t have a screenie of that any more....

Anyways please stay on topic about what Jagex might do about the macroers, I offered some (radical) solutions, perhaps you have some better ideas?

I was thinking myself also for an tip.it raid on the macroers, In these forums there are thousands of people active. If we would go out to any willow tree or wherever those macroers are hiding we could help jagex identify more bot family's (most of them have 4 letters and then 3 numerals as in: xxxx444). I think it would releive a big deal on players that are just fed up with them. Perhaps if Jagex is unable to fullfill the quest in making people obey the rules, we could help them to establish it?

BTW don't worry about the prices, once macroers are gone there will be more real people at the yews or essences because prices will initially rise and people will make a fair profit then. More people will do it, prices will lower.

just let the macro's experience hell on earth (or runescape)

yew and willow autoers=> lvl 20 agressive dark mages(or another agressive monster)! and more then there are now.

a good idea that was already posted, an extra pin code, like the bank pin.. this way macro's can't just log in and start...macroing.

I also like the visual code suggestion, this could make it much harder for a macro to make accounts.

internet technology prevents jagex from putting a limit on number of accounts per IP / so that won't work.

Probably bots/goldfarmers will be able to deal with all these suggestions.

Not even recoding the entire game will do anything, because there's always a hacker out there with a whole load of Uberskills and

1337-5P34K :XD:

~Prozac~

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

What is AFK Training?

First of all, looking at forums or any other websites is just fine. Going to the toilet is just fine too. What they don't want is someone standing at bandits with guthans and auto-retaliate on, and just going on with their merry way around the house while their character levels up.

Show us proof of their reply + even if you did happen to have proof, it is still not true. Most jmods don't know what they are talking about tbh. They are assigned to a specific area of the game and typically know most about that specific part.

The people to ask would be the jmods listed in the "FUll Credits" knowledge base article as the ones who watch over all the moderators. And they will tell you it's fine.

So why doesn't Jagex just stop bandits from auto-attacking?

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

ok well than back to the freaking question :?

What do you think has to be done to get rid of the macroers locotus? You have such a strong opinion on me, still I think that even you must know macroers are a pest.... Throw in your suggestions

You want suggestions? I'll give you suggestions. There's a thread on the suggest forum that would greatly impair wc macroers. Make it so you have to wield the axe to woodcut. Meaning the macroers will have to get 40 attack for their rune axes in F2P and 60 attack for P2P.

And guess what! It screws over skillers, exactly what you wanted in the first place! So it's a win-win situation!

And BTW my first message was a RANT in which sometimes i didn't thought clearly and blurted out some things i thought might help, I am just really frustrated that I see more macroers every day, and no notification from Jagex they are really working on them...

Then I suggest editing your thread.

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

You want suggestions? I'll give you suggestions. There's a thread on the suggest forum that would greatly impair wc macroers. Make it so you have to wield the axe to woodcut. Meaning the macroers will have to get 40 attack for their rune axes in F2P and 60 attack for P2P.

And guess what! It screws over skillers, exactly what you wanted in the first place! So it's a win-win situation!

I never wanted to screw over skillers, at that time I thought it might help, but I a not a skiller so i didn't thought of them at that point. Later on people in this thread showed me a way in which the skillers are in any case less effected; If you ban all lvl 3 cb players that have 1 skill only ranked or overranked this will not be a problem for skillers because these people train on more skills while most macroers are confined within 1 niche like wc-ing.

I don't think that axes thing will work, because it will make more players mad. Actually I am looking for an update that would only piss off macroer-pimps instead of the whole runescape community

And P.S. most macroers use a steel axe, i know this because i saw them wearing it, and i saw bots dropping over 100 broken axes of this kind.

The player himself choose the weakness over his character, like pk pures have weaknesses as well. skillers will just have to live with it that they have a risk of being seen as a macro and therefore banned. it's simple.

Jagex can't keep everybody happy.

And P.S. most macroers use a steel axe, i know this because i saw them wearing it, and i saw bots dropping over 100 broken axes of this kind.

because it's the best wc axe they can get from bob in lumby

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

I never wanted to screw over skillers, at that time I thought it might help, but I a not a skiller so i didn't thought of them at that point. Later on people in this thread showed me a way in which the skillers are in any case less effected; If you ban all lvl 3 cb players that have 1 skill only ranked or overranked this will not be a problem for skillers because these people train on more skills while most macroers are confined within 1 niche like wc-ing.

I don't think that axes thing will work, because it will make more players mad. Actually I am looking for an update that would only piss off macroer-pimps instead of the whole runescape community

Even with all of this discussion, following through with this plan would only leave players with less freedoms with how they want to play the game, and let any beginning skiller that may only have 1 high skill at the time to eat Jagex's cold dust. I think that these measurements are too extreme for taking care of the problem. This is even more extreme then what Jagex did with staking. All pure staker's accounts were virtually destroyed, unless of course they felt like doing something else.

The point is time and effort would be wasted. We need another alternative to solving the problem.

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png