high lvls are mean during hunting?

jab1235

people with high lvl hunter and high combat always steel my spot while im hunting, i cant do anythig about it. they mess me up and just say rude thigns to me and mess me up while i try forching me to move. at start i ask them politly to leave because i worked hard to find the free spot. no luck, sometimes people leave and say sorrey other people just again yell at me. there not the only person tring to get there hunter up they act so inconsiderate! lol

do any other people have this problam

jagex should fix this so hunting can be shared without people messing you up eh?

jab12305.png

No they shouldn't do anything about it because they can't. All you need to do is just report them and put them on ignore.

You can't report people for "taking your spot"

this is almost as bad as the gimps at the Rock Crabs bickering about what crab is theirs.

The only thing you could report is if they use "offensive language".

4keizrr.jpg

Yes, that is one fustrating thing about hunter - finding a spot without other people hunting something as well. I wish they could make an update that would allow people to share spots because that would make Hunter be 2x easier, but then again more interesting updates that Runescape citizens want in affect wont even work through lol :D

Try hopping worlds, but its very time consuming and usually the results add up to someone being there already on another world or someone about to come :wall:

postedimage.png

As someone with 73 hunter, I can agree that when anyone with a higher hunter comes along they act as if the entirety of runescape belongs to them... go figure <.< .

However, that said, there are some nice hunters that will hop if you ask them :) .

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Its sort of like going to Taverly at times. Unfortunately, they have to be polite when a guy with a crown speaks. That just makes me annoyed because if I didn't have that crown, most of them would be "I own this".

Now, players can't possibly own any spots since it doesn't have their name on it. Best thing to do is just log until you find a nice guy or an empty world.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I found that I can "out last" most high level players.

It seems that the way I set up my boxes keeps them from using their favorite box trap set up and when they finally realize they are getting a third of the exp they normally would if they'd just leave me alone, they usually leave.

Oh and btw, I take box traps if you lagg out. Don't crowd my spot, and I won't take your traps... Gotta love it \'

Just try to out last them. Usually after a half hour, they leave.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I found that I can "out last" most high level players.

It seems that the way I set up my boxes keeps them from using their favorite box trap set up and when they finally realize they are getting a third of the exp they normally would if they'd just leave me alone, they usually leave.

Oh and btw, I take box traps if you lagg out. Don't crowd my spot, and I won't take your traps... Gotta love it \'

Just try to out last them. Usually after a half hour, they leave.

can u post a pic of the pattern -.- idk wat to do now lvl 108 stole my spot

jab12305.png

I think its bad to generalise like this.

High and low levels do it equally.

Best answer is take a bow and some arrows, then if some one "steals" your spot range the chins as they spawn so that no-one can catch them.

It'll will no doubt get you called all sorts if it is a spot stealer, but hey then you kill two birds with one stone, get an excuse to report an inconsiderate offensive player and force them to world hop.

The one I hate is "omg your on MY WORLD, hop please" or "Please leave I only left for five mins" it you leave and someone else arrives you don;t really have a claim to that spot anymore,simple as.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

While I was hunting, the only real problem I had was with a level 3 skiller. He'd try and lay his traps where I'd lain mine. Luckily, though, he was mostly unsuccessful.

If you're not already using the spot to the far west, you should use it. It's usually not as crowded as the other main spot. With a bit of endurance you'll be able to find an empty world. Otherwise you might have to use one of the worse spots.

Paw Claw's idea is a good one, you should definitely try it. Otherwise the best you can hope for is that they'll leave when you ask.

Best answer is take a bow and some arrows, then if some one "steals" your spot range the chins as they spawn so that no-one can catch them.

This unintentionally help's the hunter out, because when they spawn they'll usually jump straight into a trap. People have done this to me before and I just say thanks for the faster XP.

Also, if somebody takes your spot, dont be greedy.. You can share spots you know. If they are around your hunter level it will give you slightly faster XP anyways.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

This unintentionally help's the hunter out, because when they spawn they'll usually jump straight into a trap. People have done this to me before and I just say thanks for the faster XP.

I agree, because I loved it when someone was ranging my chins. It really doesn't work.

i do use the west spot and i have shared spots, usually people will start being nice and ill start getting all chins, sometiems if they ask me questions i give them the answers so they will leave and go do it

like this one guy took my spot and ask me where i got my magic butterfly net, then he went to puro puro like i told him

another guy high lvl like level 107 or something like that comes to a world me and my friend are at and goes, can you hop please? we told him no and that he was inconsiderate and he left

other times i try to trick high levels that wait there like i gor 500 chins in a row without a box failure and he messed me up it usually works :D

jab12305.png

The reason why the higher level hunters are impatient is because they require a lot of experience to their next level. They want to get levels as fast as they can. I would suggest world hopping. It's the only thing you can do I'm afraid. If they get too annoying to you, just add them to your ignore list. ::'

j0xPu5R.png

remember if they take your spot they are waiting for you to leave, if you keep hunting regardless I can almost guarantee they will give up in trying to hunt their. Just dont give into the bullying and they will leave for betetr xp elsewhere

Remember you may lose a bit of xp while your doin this but in the long run itll even out

When ever someone steals my spot (puts there trap right where mine was as i pick it up) i plant flowers all over the spot till they leave (i know im one of those people.)It's always fun to steal back my spots imo.

Hawt. Great idea!... I am going to do that now.

remember if they take your spot they are waiting for you to leave, if you keep hunting regardless I can almost guarantee they will give up in trying to hunt their. Just dont give into the bullying and they will leave for betetr xp elsewhere

This is what I said, if you can just "out-last" them you will have your spot back. Be stubborn, and refuse to give up your position.

The reason why the higher level hunters are impatient is because they require a lot of experience to their next level. They want to get levels as fast as they can.

True, hunter made me mean though not once did I ever steal a spot (but I did do something which only some lightning chatters knows lol).

Sometimes I even encourage the stealers to kill the chins...and they do. Fortunately they don't know they're helping me because the chins respawn a lot faster. Fm and flower bombers are the most annoying of all. But just keep composed, ignore them and just lay your traps. If they try to block, try a different formation. Sooner or later, there's nothing to lay traps on even for the spot stealer and he'll eventually leave ::'

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS