One Minute Until Midnight

Dragonlordjl

Was the "one-minute-rule" change really necessary? What was the thought behind it? For those who don't know what I am talking about, your stuff does not appear to other players until one minute after your death. This leaves one minute until it vanishes, as opposed to two before this update.

Now, why did they make this update? Was it to benefit noobs? Noobs are often too clueless to know how to get back to their own stuff before the one minute "safe period" elapses. This doesn't help them at all. Did Jagex make it in order to give "knowledgeable players" a break? If that was their motivation, it just shows how out-of-touch they were with their players, not that THAT is anything new.

Now, I've consistently harped on it, but what made me make this thread was that tonight, my friend died at Bandos and no one was able to get his stuff because of the one-minute rule. He died shortly before the boss died, so by the time it appeared, the boss reappeared and everybody had to teleport.

This update also destroyed KQing, as with the D Chain at only 5m each with a two-person team, the reward doesn't outweigh the risk factor. If someone gets KOed, most likely his or her partner WILL NOT be able to stay long enough to get the pile.

I don't know if it was necessary to make a thread about this issue, but I wanted to get this off my chest. I still feel that this ranks as the second worst update of all time, with the third-worst being Pure Essence and the worst being the molestation of the Duel Arena and the illegitimate "child" it produced (i.e. the extremely poorly designed Tournament System.)

So in conclusion, seeing as this was an intentional change (though I cannot fathom why it was made) there is a simply way to please both parties. Leave the one-minute-rule, but make it so that anybody in your clan chat is exempt to the rule... Ta-da, the noobs can still retrieve their stuff and high levels do not have to suffer when killing team-bosses.

td2sig.jpg

totally. me and my KQ partner are extremely careful now, but even that doesn't shake the thought that if i die near the need, and my friend has to tele, that my stuff will most likely not be returned, and il be out a good 500k+

I agree, it was a very pointless update, and luckily neither of us has dies, but it is still possible, and the risk will always be there.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I didn't care too much for this update but it didn't effect me anyway.

Btw when i saw one minute till midnight I was thinking of that symbolic clock that was made for the cold war(Russia-USA) and I thought this was another stupid thread how the GE is going to screw everything over.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Well you can look at it from two different perspectives:

- The person who died deserves to lose the item(s)

- The people who can't last a minute to pick up said item(s) dropped aren't worthy of them either

I see your point, but protecting the newbies in Lumbridge are probably one good reason to increase it to a minute. It's not like they carry a lot of valuable things, but some of the things are hard to come by for a newbie. Take age into consideration, as Benoit said, and the learning curve is increased dramatically.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

They should have a special option when you right click on people in your friend's list that allows them to see your items immediatly upon death, that way if you die your friends can instantly pick it up. If none of your friends are near, you still have time to get your stuff back. That would work imo :)

soldersig.jpg

They should have a special option when you right click on people in your friend's list that allows them to see your items immediatly upon death, that way if you die your friends can instantly pick it up. If none of your friends are near, you still have time to get your stuff back. That would work imo :)

Thats a totally stupid idea to impliment because that would be smart, lol.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Perfect

Congratulations, you are the first person to ever make the great Y2G almost make a one word reply. Minus this caption and the quote.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Btw when i saw one minute till midnight I was thinking of that symbolic clock that was made for the cold war(Russia-USA) and I thought this was another stupid thread how the GE is going to screw everything over.

Actually, you were keen to pick up on that allusion to the "doomsday clock." But it wasn't about the GE. :XD:

And I like the idea about the friends list, but it'd be less effort for them to just program it into the specifications of Clan Chat to allow all people in a CC with you to see your items upon death.

td2sig.jpg

No, I think Jagex actually wants its bosses to be harder. You could say that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I see no logical reason why they wouldn't integrate it into CC like you said (and as a multimillion dollar business, they are definitely doing things with a purpose, not just because they're lazy).

As for KQing... KQ is ridiculously easy + doesn't require team. I've soloed it 5/6 tries, it doesn't require a partner. And at the worst, you can just protect item and the most you'll lose is DBoots + Glory + Gloves.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

As you mentioned, it gives two opposite results from the same change.

Low levels die, they race back, they don't lose their life savings of 30k worth of stuff, and they continue playing. More eventual members.

High levels die, they play more to get back the millions they lost.

Personally I'm for anything that makes death more of a penalty. Low level dies fighting a rat. They learn to not be so stupid again. High level dies fighting boss monster, they did risk for reward.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

KQ is not a problem at all. As long as you have 60+ hp and at least 1 shark, it is totally possible to stay above 20hp for the full time period. You just gotta know how to dance with the Queen. My partner and I did over 4 hours worth of runs last Wednesday, so trust me.[/hide]

It doesn't make my items any more safe tbh. Most times I die, I wouldn't be able to get back in time anyway. Just another pointless idea that should be optional at the most.

Exactly how I feel. I agree that they probably did it to make things harder, though. :roll:

td2sig.jpg

Yeah, The update is horrible. It doesent help, Especially at places like god wars... How will you get to God Wars, Get 40kc, And run in in 1 minute. I think it should be so you can choose whether it waits a minute. The update was not necisary at all. I've lost over 7m+ to it. It's a horrible update.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

I don't see why everyone seems to hate this update. For ages people have been complaining that they want tougher challenges - well, now you have one. If you don't want to risk losing however much money when you die at a boss monster, you have to challenge yourself to be more careful. Plus, this change also makes it safer to fight normal monsters without too much risk, which is good for training. Although it isn't really necessary to have for that (and I'd be ok losing my stuff if I died to an easy monster somehow) it is nice to be able to recover your things when you do. After all, there's no reason to have a 2m+ setback from a stupid mistake if you don't need to.

I agree, but they do have a point when they say you can go back and grab your items...It really does help in Free to play as you wont normally have to go far to get it back...But you also have a good point... :wall:

Coming Soon

I agree, but i think it should be for people in your friends list and not people in your clan chat.

Someone recently posted a suggestion for this on rsof:

http://[Please Use QuickFind Code].com/lang/en/aff/ ... 8,54206027

Yes, that would work. Also, people in your lootshare group. However, I think this makes things somewhat touger so it's good. I am not opposed to this update but I can see how it might be annoying for some.

Works great for me (for now) because I always go fighting alone. And now if I am going to die from poison or something I know that all I have to do is get near a fairy ring, spirit tree, gnomme glider or one of the city teleports and I will be able to get my stuff back. Though with a spawn in falador the fairy rings push the limit and gliders might exceed it but still, its hope.