Adiós, general shop merchanting.

ixfd64

A while ago, I wrote a guide on how to merchant by buying from general shops and selling to players. However, after the update, it's no longer possible to buy coal at 13 gp each, or essence at 1 gp.

Ah well, it wasn't really a major way of making money, anyways.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Whatd they do to general stores then?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

set it up to the minimum GE price. Kinda bad, but isnt it only effecting the 'Player Stock'?

Yes, but all of the things that you could buy at low prices were from player stock. Herbs, pure and regular essence, coal, uncut gems, and arrows were all true bargains whenever they appeared in any of the general stores. I'm sure there are more that I'm not remembering. I just bought a bunch of pure ess on Saturday for 1gp each --- that can't happen anymore.

In fact, any item could be a bargain if there were enough of them in stock. When I was a new player, I made money buying iron platebodies from the Varrock General Store when they had a huge stock of them (which was fairly often) and then running across the street to sell them Horvik, buying them until the price went up to what Horvik would pay for them (about 335 gp if I remember correctly). I couldnt unload all of them on Horvik at once, but I'd then sell them 5 at a time over the next few days.

It's a shame, but this will probably hurt lower-level players more because they seem to do more of this low-level merchanting. I know I will miss being able to occasionally find a bunch of pure ess or coal in a general store..now they will cost the market price, even in the general stores. It's a minor thing, really....but it was nice while it lasted.

runescapebunny.png

OMG!!! This is terrible!! I'm getting 99 firemaking by buying willows in general store. Now theres no way I can afford it!! :evil: :evil:

Willows only are like 18-20ea from players, 99fm only costs a few mil anyway.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

OMG!!! This is terrible!! I'm getting 99 firemaking by buying willows in general store. Now theres no way I can afford it!! :evil: :evil:

Willows only are like 18-20ea from players, 99fm only costs a few mil anyway.

i too was going to get 99 fming that way, and for f2pers 2m is alot! i had 3.5m once, and iv played for 2 years, but sadly all i got is 1m now after getting scammed 2m...

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

Quite lame. Just accidentially bought chaos runes at a general store for 124gp each or something like that. No more f2p general-story buying. :(

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

Perhaps Jagex could allow items under the 5k limit or so be allowed to be sold at the general store for the pre-update price (and bought for the pre-update price, too).

That would practically allow ALL of the unnoting methods to still exist (rune essence, food, etc - all under 5k) and it would allow people to still profit from the general store (buying uncuts and ore, etc).

Seems reasonable to me, any problems with that idea that I'm missing?

(If 5k is too much - 3k obviously isn't, so do 3k if you must! (duel arena))

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Ah, I had not thought of the impact this update had on using stores to un-note items.

This will certainly make the Shade Burning and the Blast Furnace mini games even more unpopular, as they heavily depended on this technique. I very much hope that this leads to an improvement for the Blast Furnace, at least. It was barely worth using in its former state. Has anyone investigated other stores that only have player stock?

"Less is more" -- Mies