Is God real post your thoughts!

Joes_So_Cool

Ok, first off, I direclty didn't answer the question, but someone else did, and it was a perfect answer, IMO.

Second, I agree with you about the Democrats being Idealists.

Third: I have shown lots of "factual" evidencem ,youe just ignoring it. Look back. ;) Also, you've yet to show me any factual evidence.

First: What was that answer, again?

Second: Good then, we can agree on something :D.

Third: I'm not ignoring any evidence, because I haven't seen anything that is factual.

If you want me to provide some evidence, I can start with the theory of evolution, the big bang theory, Darwin's finches, and Biology in general.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize you guys aren't getting anywhere, right?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I don't understand, then, if God is a all-hating-unless-you-worship-and-love-me God, why would Jesus, who has taught some of the greatest moral principals, teach that the God he believes in is the one, true God?

A "good" person doesn't usually follow an "evil" God and teach against evil.

Jesus never intended to start a religion.

That is true. I don't think I said he did try. I merely said that he became a fundamental part of Christianity, and that it makes no sense that his teachings would not match the behavior of the God he followed.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Ok, first off, I direclty didn't answer the question, but someone else did, and it was a perfect answer, IMO.

Second, I agree with you about the Democrats being Idealists.

Third: I have shown lots of "factual" evidencem ,youe just ignoring it. Look back. ;) Also, you've yet to show me any factual evidence.

First: What was that answer, again?

Second: Good then, we can agree on something :D.

Third: I'm not ignoring any evidence, because I haven't seen anything that is factual.

If you want me to provide some evidence, I can start with the theory of evolution, the big bang theory, Darwin's finches, and Biology in general.

Uhh, I'll search for the answer, I forget what page it's on.

And wait, wait wait, they're threories?!

Ok, I'll start with: Order, everything falling into place, sun standing still for a day, science, in general, and, the Bible.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

This video I saw on Youtube is soooo funny!! Check it out: (And it's topic related)

I'm crying from laughing so hard.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

No, but you said the same thiung in concept, something like if God could make a spherical cube he couldn't exist or something, it's a last ditch effort to think you're right.

Not it wasn't, because I never said it.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

No, but you said the same thiung in concept, something like if God could make a spherical cube he couldn't exist or something, it's a last ditch effort to think you're right.

Not it wasn't, because I never said it.

Dude, it was way back in like 2006.

I can't believe we still haven't straightened this out after 80 some pages. A theory is an attempt to link together observable facts and phenomena in a logical way that's testable, supported by evidence and can be used to make accurate predictions. Gravity is the phenomenon, Newton's theory of gravitation (or more recently general relativity) are the attempts at explaination. We can say with relative certaintly that something like evolution happened and is happening, and the current understanding is the theory to attempt to explain it.

Besides that, what is religion if not - and I use the term loosely - a theory?

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Well then, in that case, theory is relative.

Ok, I'll start with: Order, everything falling into place, sun standing still for a day, science, in general, and, the Bible.

Order - What order?

Everything falling into place - What fell into place?

Sun standing still for a day - ???

Science - Supports exactly the opposite of what you believe in.

The Bibe - Well, that should be pretty self explanatory after 80 pages of discussion.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Maybe we aren't, but atleast I enjoy reading this, makes me feel somewhat more educated with all the new words I have to check etc :geek:

And I honestly hope that after the next two thousand years we've solved this one for good. ( :pray: )

Small survey,

raise your hand (or thumb) if you want to live forever!

:thumbdown:

Order - What order?

Everything falling into place - What fell into place?

Sun standing still for a day - ???

The Bibe - Well, that should be pretty self explanatory after 80 pages of discussion.

And no, the section of science you choose to believe in, while ignoring everything else, attempts to disprove.

I showed you the proof about the sun.

If you believe philosophers from Ancient Greece, why wouldn't you believe a book that is, if not spiritually correct, at least factually correct.

Order, there's a certain order in things, I can't explain much more, because I don't know much about it, but I've heard some really great things about it.

Everything falling into place - oh say, tilt of the earth, exact symmetry in the Human body (except, certain organs)

And to Assassin, what I mean is, he says religion is a theory, I say evolution is a theory. And we both think to the point of death we're correct. So is it not realtive?

Maybe we aren't, but atleast I enjoy reading this, makes me feel somewhat more educated with all the new words I have to check etc :geek:

And I honestly hope that after the next two thousand years we've solved this one for good. ( :pray: )

Small survey,

raise your hand (or thumb) if you want to live forever!

:thumbdown:

I was referring moreso to those two who seem to keep asking each other ambiguous questions without making any points in the process. For like the past five pages.

And to Assassin, what I mean is, he says religion is a theory, I say evolution is a theory. And we both think to the point of death we're correct. So is it not realtive?

No, that's stupid misunderstanding of the varying definitions of a word. You know, the kind that gets [bleep]ing old after 80+ pages of this.

Yea, I'm not really taking this thread seriosuly anymore. I'm just reading it, you guys do realize Reb is right? This isn't a debate. No one is willing to change their mind, we might as well close the thread.

Anyways, my dad says RD is an idiot, and he said there's a YouTube vid to prove it, but I can't find it yet...

Yea, I'm not really taking this thread seriosuly anymore. I'm just reading it, you guys do realize Reb is right? This isn't a debate. No one is willing to change their mind, we might as well close the thread.

Anyways, my dad says RD is an idiot, and he said there's a YouTube vid to prove it, but I can't find it yet...

And therein lies the source of the problem.

That's what almost all arguments over concepts like this are. Both sides know full well that their opinions won't change no matter how long the debate goes on for.

Not meaning to sound too condescending Saru, but why does your father's opinion matter in this?

snowsigyy7.png

It doesn't, I never said it did, I was just eager to see it. In fact, I really don't get along with my dad at all, only thing we do get along with is certain parts of Christianity, and politics. But you guys would lvoe to see my little brother, he says that every single democrat is an unintelligent bastard. He's become self-brainwashed.

And therein lies the source of the problem.

RD is an idiot. I feel like we've had this argument before...

Holds up his big, fat, flashing neon "No!" sign.

Different useage of the word. Evolution is a scientific theory with empiral observations that can (and have) been tested. Just like every other scientific theory. Religion, almost by definition, deals with objects outside the realm of what is directly testable.

RD is an idiot. I feel like we've had this argument before...

No, you think he's an idiot.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Yeah, there are theories like gravity, and theories like the one that states that there's no such thing as a parallel line, since eventually the plane has to end, and there the lines must contract and meet.

I want to learn wierd-[wagon] theoretical stuff like that in college.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

But you guys would lvoe to see my little brother, he says that every single democrat is an unintelligent bastard. He's become self-brainwashed.

Nah, he just grew a brain too fast. But that's a cutthroat debate for another thread.

And no, the section of science you choose to believe in, while ignoring everything else, attempts to disprove.

This is not even a coherient sentence. Evolution and the big bang theory totally contradict what is written about creation.

I showed you the proof about the sun.

What did that "proof" explain, exactly?

If you believe philosophers from Ancient Greece, why wouldn't you believe a book that is, if not spiritually correct, at least factually correct.

No, you pick and choose what you percieve as factually correct. It establishes nothing factual about god, nor does it provide any evidence that isn't faith based.

Order, there's a certain order in things, I can't explain much more, because I don't know much about it, but I've heard some really great things about it.

"Hearing great things about it" gives you no room to discuss it's validity. I suggest you research this topic, and you'll come to find out that order in nature only exists without human intervention, and even then it is pretty scarcely found. We tend to ruin that which is natural.

Everything falling into place - oh say, tilt of the earth, exact symmetry in the Human body (except, certain organs)

There is no more symmetry in the human body than there is in the body of a monkey. Also, if god created the Sun and the Earth, why would he need to tilt the Earth if he simply could have made it so the Earth required no tilt? Nothing fell into place. We adapted to what we were given.

No, it is not relative, because one theory is based upon highly observed concepts beyond most human comprehension, whereas the other has no more merit than the idea of Santa Claus in the realm of testing.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

No, you think he's an idiot.

Ummm... No. Anyone who regards an entire group of people in contempt because of their convictions, accuses them of suffering from 'mind viruses' and insinuates that they are unable to think for themselves (Remember the whole "Thinking in anathema to religion" comment?) is an idiot. Sorry. Truth hurts.

Really, the fact that you actually attempt to defend some of the asinine things which have the displeasure of gracing his lips is quite astonishing.