Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

So, anyone want to volunteer for a suicide squad? :lol:

I will! I always wanted to die in battle.

You know... assuming my first plan fails and i'm not the zombie overlord. Besides it's not suicide unless you die.

By suicide squad, I mean, keep fighting even if you think or know you're going to die, and consider surviving as a bonus.

Yeah I got it. What that means is i'm that awesome to (to myself :| ). Other then that when you are zombified you are not considered "dead". You are not alive or dead, you are inbetween.

You are dead, you're body is alive, being controlled by a virus.

You are dead, the virus is not.

(Unless you happen to have some special immunity, which allows you to retain your mind as your body is taken over by the virus, which I doubt could happen. That would be pretty horrible, having to watch as your body slaughtered people)

You can fool your brain into making you sick, i'm sure you can fool your brain into killing itself if you tried hard enough.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suicide squad? Really guys? Don't be stupid. If you're fighting, believing that you're going to die, you're going to take stupid risks that you wouldn't normally take that would just get you killed, when, if you were actually fighting for survival, you would be much more effective. You don't need to go running into a crowd of zombies with a machete, pumped up on adrenaline. You would kill ten times as many with a semi-auto rifle (or assault rifle on semi) from 10 feet away, with a fraction of the risk for you. Even backed up into a corner with a shotgun you would do more damage.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Suicide squad? Really guys? Don't be stupid. If you're fighting, believing that you're going to die, you're going to take stupid risks that you wouldn't normally take that would just get you killed, when, if you were actually fighting for survival, you would be much more effective. You don't need to go running into a crowd of zombies with a machete, pumped up on adrenaline. You would kill ten times as many with a semi-auto rifle (or assault rifle on semi) from 10 feet away, with a fraction of the risk for you. Even backed up into a corner with a shotgun you would do more damage.

Maybe so but besides taking zombies with you, you can hold them off from the other survivors near you. Every unit in an army has its function.

zombiess.png

The last one should be titled the broken barricade.

Here are 3 random situations.

The first one, you're at a dead end, zombies are coming at you. No escape routes. Suicide berserkers aren't going to help you here. They would just get themselves killed, and not help the group.

Second one, you're surrounded. One berserker means one less person shooting the zombies. These guys are slow. If we needed to escape when surrounded, the best we could do would be to try to kill all the zombies in one specific area to make a passage, that hopefully the other zombies wouldn't fill until we escaped.

Last one. Tons of zombies broke past our fortifications, there's probably a way out the back. Holding them off to protect the other survivors doesn't even make sense. It's not like they're faster than us.

If we can walk at a normal human pace, we're outrunning them.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

zombiess.png

The last one should be titled the broken barricade.

Here are 3 random situations.

The first one, you're at a dead end, zombies are coming at you. No escape routes. Suicide berserkers aren't going to help you here. They would just get themselves killed, and not help the group.

Second one, you're surrounded. One berserker means one less person shooting the zombies. These guys are slow. If we needed to escape when surrounded, the best we could do would be to try to kill all the zombies in one specific area to make a passage, that hopefully the other zombies wouldn't fill until we escaped.

Last one. Tons of zombies broke past our fortifications, there's probably a way out the back. Holding them off to protect the other survivors doesn't even make sense. It's not like they're faster than us.

If we can walk at a normal human pace, we're outrunning them.

In situation #2, you're basically [bleep]d anyway, so you might as well try to take down as many zombies as possible.

In situation #1, the suicide team could hold off the main zombie force while the others escaped through the route with fewr zombies, as if the whole team went for the route with the fewest zombies, they couldn't escape fast enough and would be surrounded in a hallway, not a good situation at all.

Its always useful to have a few people willing to give their lives to help others.

2Xeo5.png

We're not stupid.

picture #1. Suiciders would help, a lot. You have no escape routes and you're backed into a corner. You are going to die so you might as well do it taking out a few of them.

Picture #2. You're right, they wouldn't help. But it's not like a suicider couldn't do other things. Suiciding would be like a no other alternative situation. Why would you send people to commit suicide and add more to the zombie population if they don't need to.

Picture #3. There is where the "hold off to save others" comes in. While the others look (or make) another exit you can slow down the zombie assault until they are safely out of range/you are a zombie. You could potentially be saving more lives by holding off the zombies and give the others enough time to get away any thus lengthen their lifespan and help them live to kill more.

Any more questions?

P.S. Incase you didn't notice I didn't quote you, that image would be annoying to have twice on a page. (or once of a page, you should use hide tags)

Thing is, in a situation like #2, if you have enough ammunition, you probably would be ok. Again, zombies are slow. If there were 500 zombies, the closest being 100 feet away from you, it would take that one atleast a minute or more to get to you. In WWZ, the battle at hope, they have the people killing 1 per second. 10 people in a group, 1 per second, it would take under a minute to kill all the zombies. If we were using assault rifles on semi automatic, the magazines would probably hold 25-30 bullets, so we would reload once. At most it would take a minute and a half to kill all the zombies, and since wold kill the closer ones first, we would be fine.

In the first situation, same thing. We have guns, they're slow. It would be easier since they would only be coming from one direction.

1 man with a rifle 20 feet from a horde could kill 5-10 times as many zombies in any amount of time as someone with a sword/machete. Think about it. To swing a machete, it takes atleast a second. Then you have to recover, and free your blade, another second or two. In that time, all the other zombies have bit and eaten you. For a gunman, all they have to do is aim.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Goodluck finding a suicider. Honestly, easy solution, don't get cornered. NO DEAD ENDS IN OUR FORT will solve that. As for being surrounded, that should never happen, seeing as if we do it right running into one zombie will be a once-every-two year experience, never mind running into hundreds. Of course, while we're on the go getting "Mobbed" is a possibility. Speedwalk, turn around, shoot is your best bet.

Thing is, in a situation like #2, if you have enough ammunition, you probably would be ok. Again, zombies are slow. If there were 500 zombies, the closest being 100 feet away from you, it would take that one atleast a minute or more to get to you. In WWZ, the battle at hope, they have the people killing 1 per second. 10 people in a group, 1 per second, it would take under a minute to kill all the zombies. If we were using assault rifles on semi automatic, the magazines would probably hold 25-30 bullets, so we would reload once. At most it would take a minute and a half to kill all the zombies, and since wold kill the closer ones first, we would be fine.

In the first situation, same thing. We have guns, they're slow. It would be easier since they would only be coming from one direction.

1 man with a rifle 20 feet from a horde could kill 5-10 times as many zombies in any amount of time as someone with a sword/machete. Think about it. To swing a machete, it takes atleast a second. Then you have to recover, and free your blade, another second or two. In that time, all the other zombies have bit and eaten you. For a gunman, all they have to do is aim.

if you can get enough force behind a heavy bladed weapon, you could take a zombie clean in half, maybe even carrying on to hit a second one, if you aim right.

Also, I'm not thinking 100 zombies here, I'm thinking the sort of "98% of humanity has been taken by the virus and thousands of zombies are swarming towards the nearest signs of life"

2Xeo5.png

You keep on assuming that all you will run into are slow moving zombies. What if you run into a group that run and zig-zag to throw off your aim. Also what if you don't have any guns? Or any bullets?

You always assume you will be fighting the zombies with guns, usually semi-automatic ones, which you won't always have that situation. You have to plans for other scenarios then just "in location X fighting Y number of zombies with unlimited bullets."

If zombies zig zagged to throw off our aim they would be intelligent. If zombies ran, they wouldn't be zombies, they would be 'infected'. As in rage virus. If it was rage virus, then suiciding is the worst thing possible. you take out one, if any bit of it's blood gets into your body, or if it bites you, your one more infected to kill in 10 seconds.

Chopping a zombie in half. Stupid. Takes too much energy, and it will still be alive to bite you. Even beheading a zombie won't kill it, you need to destroy the brain. I drew you guys a picture of someone with a bladed/ melee weapon taking aim, stabbing the zombie, freeing the weapon, and taking aim again, and about how long it would take (times are cumulative).

Then below it, is someone taking aim at a zombie, and shooting it.

[hide=]zombishooting.png[/hide]

Thousands of zombies coming at you? don't count on it. Unless you make a [cabbage]load load of noise, or are in a city or suburbia, it's unlikely.

And if we're planning on surviving, we will have guns. I could carry 2500 rounds of the ammunition we would probably be using weight wise, and if packaged right, I could carry it in a pack, and still run at full speed. If we don't have guns, we don't fight the enemy, except in certain situations. We run. If you're outside anywhere but a city, there will be trees. Climb one. if you get more than 20 feet off the ground, your safe from zombies even if they climb on eachother. That gives you time to plan an escape.

Suiciding is the worst idea you can possibly have. If we have a group of five people, and 1 decides they want to be a hero, the rest of the group is crippled. Forsaking guns for melee weapons is utterly stupid. It's like the army scrapping their tanks to make clubs out of. Unless the goal is stealth, and silenced guns or ranged weapons are unavailable, melee weapons are almost useless.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

So to move in any way besides a strait line you have to be intelligent? Good news to every freakin animal in the world, they are all officially intelligent. Who says zombies can't run? As for the always having guns, eventually you will run out. You have to make do with what you have or you will die.

If zombies zig zagged to throw off our aim they would be intelligent. If zombies ran, they wouldn't be zombies, they would be 'infected'. As in rage virus. If it was rage virus, then suiciding is the worst thing possible. you take out one, if any bit of it's blood gets into your body, or if it bites you, your one more infected to kill in 10 seconds.

Chopping a zombie in half. Stupid. Takes too much energy, and it will still be alive to bite you. Even beheading a zombie won't kill it, you need to destroy the brain. I drew you guys a picture of someone with a bladed/ melee weapon taking aim, stabbing the zombie, freeing the weapon, and taking aim again, and about how long it would take (times are cumulative).

Thousands of zombies coming at you? don't count on it. Unless you make a [cabbage] load of noise, or are in a city or suburbia, it's unlikely.

And if we're planning on surviving, we will have guns. I could carry 2500 rounds of the ammunition we would probably be using weight wise, and if packaged right, I could carry it in a pack, and still run at full speed. If we don't have guns, we don't fight the enemy, except in certain situations. We run. If you're outside anywhere but a city, there will be trees. Climb one. if you get more than 20 feet off the ground, your safe from zombies even if they climb on eachother. That gives you time to plan an escape.

Suiciding is the worst idea you can possibly have. If we have a group of five people, and 1 decides they want to be a hero, the rest of the group is crippled. Forsaking guns for melee weapons is utterly stupid. It's like the army scrapping their tanks to make clubs out of. Unless the goal is stealth, and silenced guns or ranged weapons are unavailable, melee weapons are almost useless.

But...But...They look so cool....

Fine, idea abandoned.

2Xeo5.png

Thousands of zombies coming at you? don't count on it. Unless you make a [cabbage] load of noise, or are in a city or suburbia, it's unlikely.

But...But...They look so cool....

Fine, idea abandoned.

i'll still do it...

I have to admit, the expression on the face of the zombie in panel 2 would *almost* make it worth it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I have to admit, the expression on the face of the zombie in panel 2 would *almost* make it worth it.

And I have that "always wanted to die in battle" thing going for me. I kind of like sharp pointy objects more than projectiles anyway. And like I said, if that is the only weapon available why not go for it?

If it's all that's available, feel free to use it, but just going berserk is not the right way to do it. Maneuver yourself to an area where the zombies can only come 1 or two at a time. Like, if there are fifty million zombies coming at you, if you move into a closed area, only 1 can attack at a time. It makes them lose the advantage of numbers. Move into a room, and dispatch them one by one as they go in through the door. Hell, they may even pile up in such a way that they will impede the progress of others. Let's say you're running through the streets. Duck into a small alley where only one or two can attack at a time. Climb up onto a big rock where they can only come one by one. Same principle always. Rushing into a crowd is suicide. Strategically taking a crowd on is not.

If I had a rifle, and could set up a position that would be perfect for killing them, it would be the same set up, they can only come through one narrow area.

For melee combat, I personally would carry a crowbar and then a combat knife. A crowbar can bash a things skull in pretty easily, and is less likely to get stuck in it's head, and has other practical uses. Not to mention it's more durable.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Here's my opinion on it. You should NEVER have anything other than a last ditch effort plan involve any of your team sacrificing themselves. As has been said before, every person you lose is one less on your side, and potentially one more on theirs. You want to go "HULK SMASH!!" ? Focus in building/deconstruction. That sort of body strength is best used in making/destroying structures, and for some heavy weaponry. The only excuse for trying to take on a swarm of zombies with a melee weapon is if you're out of bullets, your gun isn't working, or something similar.

HOWEVER, swearing off melee weaponry is a very bad idea. First off, where are you going to restock your bullets? If you use strictly guns and other firearms, your ammo's going to evaporate very quickly, and most scenarios leave you with a limited supply. Second, it can in some cases be overkill. If there's less than 2 zombies per team member (can change depending on the team and the area), then there should be no difficulty in taking them out with melee weaponry safely. Third, firing a gun doesn't give you very much strength training. In most places that you'd find yourself holed up in, you'd need to find as many ways to keep physically fit as you can, and nothing does the job better than going to town on something with a melee weapon. The only better way possible would be MAYBE construction work, but that isn't always available.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

HOWEVER, swearing off melee weaponry is a very bad idea. First off, where are you going to restock your bullets? If you use strictly guns and other firearms, your ammo's going to evaporate very quickly, and most scenarios leave you with a limited supply.

And if we use flamethrowers, we can brew our own bathtub gin for fuel. Grow some hops on our island and whatnot. You know that moonshine'll have a high alchohol content, fumes'll go up easy. Plus with a flamethrower, the zombies may not feel the heat and be deterred, but their brains sure as hell will. Massive damage to the brain if you concentrate the stream there, especially if they're at an advanced stage of decomposition.

Or I can just burn the bodies afterward and kill 'em with bullets...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Home-made hydraulic or air-canister power-armor.

Would steady aim if you chose to lock joints, and could be used for heavy lifting.

And if you ever did run out of bullets--you could smash in some rotting zombie skulls.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

HOWEVER, swearing off melee weaponry is a very bad idea. First off, where are you going to restock your bullets? If you use strictly guns and other firearms, your ammo's going to evaporate very quickly, and most scenarios leave you with a limited supply.

And if we use flamethrowers, we can brew our own bathtub gin for fuel. Grow some hops on our island and whatnot. You know that moonshine'll have a high alchohol content, fumes'll go up easy. Plus with a flamethrower, the zombies may not feel the heat and be deterred, but their brains sure as hell will. Massive damage to the brain if you concentrate the stream there, especially if they're at an advanced stage of decomposition.

Yeah, why fight normal zombies when we could fight flaming zombies?

I'm still fairly confident that you can destroy its brain with fire fairly quickly. And if they really move that slowly, it likely wouldn't matter anyway.

But again, if this actually turns out to be a bad idea I can just save der Flammenwerfer for cleanup afterwards. Maybe test it on a captured zombie.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'm still fairly confident that you can destroy its brain with fire fairly quickly. And if they really move that slowly, it likely wouldn't matter anyway.

But again, if this actually turns out to be a bad idea I can just save der Flammenwerfer for cleanup afterwards. Maybe test it on a captured zombie.

Flame isn't a good idea. It can take over 10 seconds to burn through a damp, rotting skull and wtfpwn the brain. And to whoever said it, Zombies have absolutely NO logic. They have one goal, to kill, not to survive. And melee combat should be avoided whenever possible. Like doom said, take them on one at a time. It's important to realise that a zombie can walk about the same speed as a toddeler can crawl, so you can quite literally walk away. However, unless you get far enough that they don't have an idea where you are, they will keep chasing you. Walk for 10-ish seconds, turn, take your time aiming and shoot if there is only one. And remember, silenced weapons are a nessisety, as using a loud gun is like sending off a flare.

It takes around a day to 48 hours.

Also, if you get a bit of infected tissue, it would take longer for it to spread.

Also, Lifemage, read the zombie survival guide, it's required reading.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

I have easily over 1.5k rounds for my .22. Sure, it may be a small caliber weapon, but it will kill them. Ammunition is not a problem. You will never see me run into a fight with a machete, it's suicide. Plain and simple.

Flame isn't a good idea. It can take over 10 seconds to burn through a damp, rotting skull and wtfpwn the brain. And to whoever said it, Zombies have absolutely NO logic. They have one goal, to kill, not to survive. And melee combat should be avoided whenever possible. Like doom said, take them on one at a time. It's important to realise that a zombie can walk about the same speed as a toddeler can crawl, so you can quite literally walk away. However, unless you get far enough that they don't have an idea where you are, they will keep chasing you. Walk for 10-ish seconds, turn, take your time aiming and shoot if there is only one. And remember, silenced weapons are a nessisety, as using a loud gun is like sending off a flare.

The only thing worse that a zombie hord, is a zombie hord...on fire. Fire is a terrible idea, unless you want to be eaten by a flaming zombie, avoid that. The most simple way is to do as suggested and take them out, one at a time. Much higher chance of success.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

I have easily over 1.5k rounds for my .22. Sure, it may be a small caliber weapon, but it will kill them. Ammunition is not a problem. You will never see me run into a fight with a machete, it's suicide. Plain and simple.
HOWEVER' date=' swearing off melee weaponry is a very bad idea. First off, where are you going to restock your bullets? If you use strictly guns and other firearms, your ammo's going to evaporate very quickly, and most scenarios leave you with a limited supply.[/quote']

The only thing worse that a zombie hord, is a zombie hord...on fire. Fire is a terrible idea, unless you want to be eaten by a flaming zombie, avoid that. The most simple way is to do as suggested and take them out, one at a time. Much higher chance of success.

Hmm well if they eat you while on fire chances are they might set you on fire. That's less chance you will return as a zombie. So fire may not be such a bad idea.