My nearly 100% correct theory. WE set summon prices =D

Rahila

I think the gravestones are to TRACK RWT and not ruin pking. RWT can always be done by the regular trade, but thats checked heavily, so they try and find other ways. But with the stake cap, POH chests capped, and general stores prices tied to GE, dieing is the only major one left. So if they monitor dieing like trading, it'll be almost impossible to do RWT without being detected.

Players.jpg

Siggy-1.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what keeps everyone from just right-clicking each other and selecting trade and offer all and accept?

Think of RWT as a hall.

It has direct player to player trading as it's center pillar. Not to mention the MAJORITY of players all use this method to play.

Around this pillar are smaller ones, not as important, but given the need they can support the weight of the hall.

These smaller pillars are: dueling arena, Party Pete's, dropping items from inventory, PKing drops, and dying to an NPC and looting the pile. All these are also used very rarely, or by a SMALL MINORITY of runescape players.

Most RWT do not use those "smaller pillars" but if Jagex yanks the "main pillar" they will quickly use them.

So what is Jagex to do?

They yank the smaller, less "used" pillars first. They KNOW they are going to anger a few players, but they NEED to control the RWT and their bots or the game will not last. As they pull the smaller pillars they "redirect" those not directly affected by giving us NEW UPDATES....

We're seeing this now. Jagex is collapsing the RWT "hall".

As they do this they have given us the GE, and as a bonus they suddenly decided to give us Development Diaries about the new skill.

Once the last few small pillars are removed Jagex will ALSO pull the "main pillar".

All trades will be done through the GE ONLY.

Direct player to player trading will be GONE.

I suspect that within 10 days of summoning coming out, direct player to player trading will be removed.

Presto, no RWT anymore in runescape.

'

Now that I think back, they probably tried to kill death trading through the 1 minute wait. Though we attributed it to annoying 8 year olds ranting at the time, it could be possible.

No witty signatures for me :(

laugh at my theory now you whiners and complainers!

This is the sort of situation that happens before and after an Apocalypse. Doomsayer says this, doomsayer says that, everyone thinks he's a nut. Then it happens, and the doomsayer says "I told you so!" but it's too late because everyone is dead.

I knew you were going to post something like that :lol: .

Well i guess you just won the game. :mrgreen:

Lol, I just got home from school, how does the rants forum look? It wont even let me on the rsof atm, it's probably packed.

BUT WAIT!

I was speculating this update earlier, and i thought of a way that RWT WILL still be able to trade once the wild is no more.

All a RWT has to do, is go to a semi-dangerous monster and die with they're goods right next to the person to whom they wish to trade with.

So, what will jagex do? Perhaps they will add gravestones to anywhere in the world if a player dies, but i can almost assure you that in the future, when a player dies, no one will be able to pick up his loot...so say goodbye to getting your items back if you die at a boss monster with your friends there

very good point! you would think they would learn from Window's XP/Vista and just realize just like people will always make virus's against computers, people are always going to find ways around the RWT restrictions... its kinda like vietnam, with gold coins

Even though you were right, I still think your theory was ridiculous. As is this update.

I agree 100%, I never supported this theory, i just put the pieces together and figured this was happen...Tbh i didn't think i would be quite as dead on as I was :-s (sadly)

guys has anyone considered how bad this update will be for future released items?

We no longer have control of OUR economy, and from now on Jagex's prices are our Prices.

Yeah I hate the GE for that fact.

icecube7.jpeg

guys has anyone considered how bad this update will be for future released items?

We no longer have control of OUR economy, and from now on Jagex's prices are our Prices.

No one will be able to question you anymore - but at the risk of being the next doomsayer.. I GO AGAINST WHAT YOU THINK HERE! WE WILL HAVE OUR OWN PRICES!

Now in the .01% chance you're wrong, I will be right, and therefore get mounds of respect.

Mwhaha

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

No one will be able to question you anymore - but at the risk of being the next doomsayer.. I GO AGAINST WHAT YOU THINK HERE! WE WILL HAVE OUR OWN PRICES!

Now in the .01% chance you're wrong, I will be right, and therefore get mounds of respect.

Mwhaha

Lol...I've been called the doomsayer like 5 times today :XD:

Next time i make a prediction it will be something that i want, and maybe it will become reality? :-$