Burger King / The struggle for farmworkers, 1 cent more

waf1le

Here is a trick you may or may not know about companies.

Due to increased public awareness, depending on the item, how healthy or unhealthy it is for you, can determine its sales.

So instead of giving you REAL results from researchs, they just simply lie and say "its healthy" and you should believe it because its in your local magazine.

Here's the dark secret about capatilism, they will lie, cheat, and steal any and everything away from you to make a dollar. They don't CARE when they say they care.

Did you know that HEALTHY foods is more expensive than unhealthy? Its only to get you to stay fat, depressed, drug'ed up so bad that you can't get healthy and make them "lose" sells! Cmon people! We got to think about the dollar here.

A company's goal is not the constitution, the pursuit of freedom and happiness. Its the pursuit of the dollar, with human sacrifices inbetween. They have money to do research just to find out what suckers like us, to see what makes us tick, to make us "act" on their products, and stay that way for the rest of our lives. We are the cattle, and they are the beef makers.

We truely control their profits, but inless we act as 1 and not stay divided, we can only see them reign as kings while we kick the low wage buckets of life and it will be no one's fault but our own because we refused to make a difference.

I am personally pissed off at corperations because my niece had a siezure once due to some fat **************** corperation guy thought it would be OKAY to sell peanut butter while it had a infectious disease in it.

Lets just say after that, I never seen that brand of peanut butter again, and I hope it PERMENTLY stays off the shelfs.

Alot of people got sick and my niece could of died just so some loser could make money.

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a trick you may or may not know about companies.

Due to increased public awareness, depending on the item, how healthy or unhealthy it is for you, can determine its sales.

So instead of giving you REAL results from researchs, they just simply lie and say "its healthy" and you should believe it because its in your local magazine.

Here's the dark secret about capatilism, they will lie, cheat, and steal any and everything away from you to make a dollar. They don't CARE when they say they care.

Did you know that HEALTHY foods is more expensive than unhealthy? Its only to get you to stay fat, depressed, drug'ed up so bad that you can't get healthy and make them "lose" sells! Cmon people! We got to think about the dollar here.

A company's goal is not the constitution, the pursuit of freedom and happiness. Its the pursuit of the dollar, with human sacrifices inbetween. They have money to do research just to find out what suckers like us, to see what makes us tick, to make us "act" on their products, and stay that way for the rest of our lives. We are the cattle, and they are the beef makers.

We truely control their profits, but inless we act as 1 and not stay divided, we can only see them reign as kings while we kick the low wage buckets of life and it will be no one's fault but our own because we refused to make a difference.

I am personally pissed off at corperations because my niece had a siezure once due to some fat **************** corperation guy thought it would be OKAY to sell peanut butter while it had a infectious disease in it.

Lets just say after that, I never seen that brand of peanut butter again, and I hope it PERMENTLY stays off the shelfs.

Alot of people got sick and my niece could of died just so some loser could make money.

Right, thats how most corporations are, that's how capitolism is. :x

Sorry about your niece. A little off topic though :P

Mprez, we all have to make personal sacrifices, bu it's the right thing to do usually.

clickforblog.jpg

My lvl 90 and lvl 48, c1oud and waf1le, hacked, lost about 28 mil overall .

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

A Man Died - 100% F2P -Skiller/Pure Ranger

Does anyone else agree with the overall message of this thread, but agrees that Defender's views are really kind of exaggerated? I could be dead wrong, but that doesn't seem at all plausible...At least, not to that extent.

I guess my niece was exagerating too when foam came out from her mouth and her eyes dead.

I am going to bed before I say something that will probably get me banned. I really can't stand idiots like this..

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Does anyone else agree with the overall message of this thread, but agrees that Defender's views are really kind of exaggerated? I could be dead wrong, but that doesn't seem at all plausible...At least, not to that extent.

I guess my niece was exagerating too when foam came out from her mouth and her eyes dead.

I am going to bed before I say something that will probably get me banned. I really can't stand idiots like this..

I honestly don't know much about this issue, but either you're making up crap or over exaggerating things. And dude, sorry about your niece, if that actually happened. But, like I said, I just think your post is over exaggerated. I could be wrong, though.

What happened to her? Your posts don't agree with each other. (Maybe it was just a typo).

I'm not sure if the maker of that peanut butter knew if there was bacteria in it. Its possible that only that single jar was infected. Either way I'm sorry for your loss.

What happened to her? Your posts don't agree with each other. (Maybe it was just a typo).

I'm not sure if the maker of that peanut butter knew if there was bacteria in it. Its possible that only that single jar was infected. Either way I'm sorry for your loss.

Yah, I'm sorry. The thing about capitolism isn't written that well :P so it probably seems very over hyped.

Also, can we get back on topic? Posts about the thread/farmworkers have not appeared for a while.

clickforblog.jpg

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

Wow, what a shame though it doesn't surprise me either that they won't give them a raise. They must work hard picking out good healthy tomatoes to send over.

Good 'ole healthy tomatoes smothered with pesticide and chemicals. :?

I honestly don't know much about this issue, but either you're making up crap or over exaggerating things. And dude, sorry about your niece, if that actually happened. But, like I said, I just think your post is over exaggerated. I could be wrong, though.

Not every company is out the crush the little guy. Get over yourself.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

Wow, what a shame though it doesn't surprise me either that they won't give them a raise. They must work hard picking out good healthy tomatoes to send over.

If you wanna try to help them, begin to boycott Burger King and tell your friends. It makes a difference.

Grass Roots Up!

clickforblog.jpg

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

I don't get your sarcasm, and if you thing I'm a farmworker, you're kinda out there. I'm a middle school student =P

Yes, this doesn't surprise you, but take action on it..

My sarcasm is that it isn't surprising that big business is screwing the little guy. I don't think you are a farmworker. I was kidding, suggesting that if you don't want to have to pick tomatoes without a raise, you should stay in school. Your lack of human emotion comprehension makes me think you have autism.

I hate to burst your idealistic bubble, but there is nothing i can do. Nor would i do it if i cared. It is their own free choice to work this lame job. Granted they are probably in Mexico, where there are very poor jobs and they pay very poorly. But still, it isn't my fault they work for Burger King. It isn't like that is the only job you could work (Just in case anyone brings up the recent writers strike. That is a terrible analogy so nobody even try. I know you are all out there trying to prove me wrong). So why not look for another job?

Now, i am just as angry at everyone else at Burger King, but it isn't like they have to work there.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

I don't get your sarcasm, and if you thing I'm a farmworker, you're kinda out there. I'm a middle school student =P

Yes, this doesn't surprise you, but take action on it..

My sarcasm is that it isn't surprising that big business is screwing the little guy. I don't think you are a farmworker. I was kidding, suggesting that if you don't want to have to pick tomatoes without a raise, you should stay in school. Your lack of human emotion comprehension makes me think you have autism.

I hate to burst your idealistic bubble, but there is nothing i can do. Nor would i do it if i cared. It is their own free choice to work this lame job. Granted they are probably in Mexico, where there are very poor jobs and they pay very poorly. But still, it isn't my fault they work for Burger King. It isn't like that is the only job you could work (Just in case anyone brings up the recent writers strike. That is a terrible analogy so nobody even try. I know you are all out there trying to prove me wrong). So why not look for another job?

Now, i am just as angry at everyone else at Burger King, but it isn't like they have to work there.

A lot of the workers there are almost indentured because of debt and other things. Also, there are people that are good at picking tomatoes, they've done it fro a long time, and they don't have other job skills.

They can't just get up and become a writer or a clerk. No , I don't have autism, your post was really kinda of.. lame in my opinion. Sarcasm can be better.

This is in Florida, you obviously didn't click the link.

clickforblog.jpg

zzzuperthingy-1.jpg

paulkill.jpg

What do you mean IF? Why would I make up something serious like that?!

And just to fill in some gaps, her eyes went dead. I"m not sure how to explain it, but they went all white, and she started foaming and having a seizure basically.

Did this just happen to me and my family? WRONG.

It was all over the news, a massive recall on their peanut butter. They gave people a number, and if your peanut butter had the last 4 numbers as 1111, then it was the bad kind and you had to return it, we had 3 jars of peanut butter like that. We told everyone at work too about it so they wouldn't get sick.

And here's the twisted thing of it all... the company KNEW it had the disease it in, but thought it wouldn't hurt us because the flames or whatever they do to make peanut butter, would kill it out and it would be safe. Yeah thats right.. they knew it had a disease and didn't even TEST it after making a single jar, and sent out 1000's to the population, and tons of people got sick, including my niece.

So anyone who thinks corperations care or this is a 1 time incident can go stfu and screw themselfs, it only shows how ignorant you are.

Led-Zeppelin

Not every company is out the crush the little guy. Get over yourself.

Yah, maybe I should listen to the guy named "Led-Zeppelin" and probably doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. Maybe one day, you'll have a life-death situation on your hands due to some corperation trying to squeeze money, and just MAYBE you'll wake up from your isolated utopia box were corperations "really do" care. As they say on this forum, greed is human nature, even if it takes human life, doesn't stop them from trying.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

My grandpa owned a tomato farm back in the hey day. Might have even been in 1978, when they last got a raise. He didn't work for a corporation though. He hired Mexicans (legal) to pick the tomatoes then, so I don't know how much they made. The whole family would come though, and would migrate from farm to farm during different seasons of the year.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I avoid places like that anyway... Kebab > burgers :-w

artrogersaptd6.jpg

What The Burger King does in his free time...

Waffle, I realize what you're trying to make happen, but in all honestly, it's stupid to think that it'll work. How many people on these forums do you think eat at Burger King regularly? Even if you got every one of those people to boycott Burger King, do you really think it'd make a difference? I mean, sure, the workers down in Florida probably deserve a raise, but whether or not they get it is most definitely not up to 30 people from an internet forum that decide to boycott it.

I personally don't (and have never) gotten tomatoes on anything at fast food places, so I think I'll go ahead and keep eating at BK. O:)

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Waffle, I realize what you're trying to make happen, but in all honestly, it's stupid to think that it'll work. How many people on these forums do you think eat at Burger King regularly? Even if you got every one of those people to boycott Burger King, do you really think it'd make a difference? I mean, sure, the workers down in Florida probably deserve a raise, but whether or not they get it is most definitely not up to 30 people from an internet forum that decide to boycott it.

You'd be surprised at the power of social networking, and naÃÆÃâÃâïve to think viral campaigns don't work.

Just a reminder, Jagex spent a grand total of $0 on advertising, all of their business originates from the close friends of Andrew and Paul who spread the word on Runescape to their friends, they told their friends, their friends posted about it on a forum, those forum readers directed it to reviewers, reviewers hooked more people on the game, etc...

And it ended up in a business which has over 1 million people paying $5 a month to play a game.

You could've definitely made that up, Defender. I'm not saying you did, though. I've never seen that news story anywhere...

Why don't I believe that anything like that will ever happen to me? Well, because whenever something does happen like that, it goes all over the news. Why? Because they rarely ever happen. And when a big slip-up like that does happen, it's all over the news, it's talked about everywhere, and the problem that caused the slip-up is probably going to be fixed.

You could've definitely made that up, Defender. I'm not saying you did, though. I've never seen that news story anywhere...

Why don't I believe that anything like that will ever happen to me? Well, because whenever something does happen like that, it goes all over the news. Why? Because they rarely ever happen. And when a big slip-up like that does happen, it's all over the news, it's talked about everywhere, and the problem that caused the slip-up is probably going to be fixed.

Check Dallas News, thats where I live and it WAS on the news, but perhaps not where you live.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me