car launches off the road and into a first floor (must see)

jokemaster

This was the incredible scene after a car cartwheeled more than 100ft through the air before embedding itself in a first-floor flat.

John Gordon's Volvo took off after hitting a tree on a roundabout and flew until it crashed into the flats 15ft off the ground and facing backwards.

The car smashed into a lounge where 19-year-old Laura Stevens had been a few seconds earlier.

carcrashdm0312468x712ic3.jpg[/

Emergency crews spent half an hour cutting free Mr Gordon, 31, but he later died from his injuries. His nine-year-old son, who was his passenger, survived with cuts and bruises.

Engineers had to spend three hours dismantling the wall of the flats in Werrington, Peterborough, before they could remove the car.

Mr Gordon, from Peterborough, hit the roundabout at around 9.10am on Saturday, clipped a tree and bounced before being catapulted into the air.

His car cartwheeled so it entered Miss Stevens's flat backwards, sending debris flying on to the floor.

It is believed a neighbour and a paramedic who was passing ran to help and managed to pull the boy from the wreck inside the lounge.

Firemen worked from inside the flat to free Mr Gordon, who had been heading along the A15 Werrington parkway towards the city centre.

accidentgpx0312468x405lh5.jpg[/

He was taken to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge but died later that day.

Miss Stevens's mother Claire, 38, said her daughter, a supermarket worker, has not been able to go back to the flat since the crash.

"She is just so lucky to be alive," she said. "Seconds earlier or later and she would not have made it either."

Fire station boss Lynn Betteridge, who attended the crash, said: "We have had to deal with vehicles in buildings before but never one which went into the first-floor."

00000000000000000000000ub8.jpg

I refuse to believe that it was a Volvo, at least not an estate. Those things never crumple, they are built like tanks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So what, the vehicles usually go into the second or third floors? Wtf is that Fire Chief talking about? :-s

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

So what, the vehicles usually go into the second or third floors? Wtf is that Fire Chief talking about? :-s
Let me explain for our American readers. The 1st floor is the 2nd floor in America. Your 1st floor is our Ground floor.

UK|USA

B | ?

G | 1

1 | 2

2 | 3

etc...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

wow thats odd, u dont see that everyday!!

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

Somehow I think he meant that many go into the ground floor.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Let me explain for our American readers. The 1st floor is the 2nd floor in America. Your 1st floor is our Ground floor.

UK|USA

B | ?

G | 1

1 | 2

2 | 3

etc...

Ok, now it makes a lot more sense.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'm still trying to figure out how the heck he was driving to do that, even with the explanation.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

UK|USA

B | ?

G | 1

1 | 2

2 | 3

etc...

Yeppers...When I went to England this summer, that system played hell on my parents :lol: ...good times :wall:

Thats freaking incredible. I wonder why the car didn't blow up?

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I refuse to believe that it was a Volvo, at least not an estate. Those things never crumple, they are built like tanks.
Plus the fact that a Volvo would never be going at the kind of speed needed for that to happen.
iteme3721.jpg

UK|USA

B | ?

G | 1

1 | 2

2 | 3

etc...

Amazingly, to fill in the question mark, americans call UK basements a basement! What'dya think they'd be called, "mysterious underground realms of doom"? Hey thats not a bad idea...

and I do find it a rather sad story. Out of all the ways to die, end up flying through the air in a Volvo and embedding yourself in the first/second floor. Its also sad because the son is alive and now has to deal with the loss of his father, witnessing his last moments in the air in a crushed up pile of scrap metal.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

In my experience the basement is sometimes numbered P so I wasnt sure

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

He must have been going far to fast to have gained that much air

But with his son in the car!?

It's a miracle that the boy survived.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.