RS (in game) relationships!

meili

Are you at the edges or at the center of an RS web of relationship? Do all your friends know each other or are they connected through you?

Allow me to illustrate what I mean by RS relationships using Kingleonardo's old image (first posted on Tip It, I believe):

webgl5yi8.jpg

What does it represent? Simply put, it shows the links between famous/high level people in RS. The crazy thing is, back then we all knew each other even if it was second or third hand.

In other words, we are all connected to each other in the circle of RS! :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. There's quite a few of us in this loop.

[hide=List of friends I KNOW are friends]Bia_Bf

Mr S Scope

Toast 647

Aquashock

Screechingmu

Gatuz105

I S K 1 L I

Erk02

Biggy0755

Campbellmc

I Am Phi

Hevendor Guy

Range Craved

Deathslaya16

Attackyomom

Poddy252

Rune User 91

Harding

Thunda1234

Mc

Dusty668

I R Teh Noes

305x

Lordfan21

[/hide]

There are dozens more from SODB and GOF. :) We're all from TIF and use #tip-it quite often.

I wonder if "six degrees of separation" exists in RuneScape. For example, that level 15 noob that just passed me might be a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend (four degrees of separation).

But since friends are not reciprocal, the return path may be different.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I know everyone! \'

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

I said people with guides on fansites have the biggest webs.

As if you class an rs relationship as talking alot or in someway helping that would mean every person who uses a guide has a relationship with the writer.

hmmm

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Are you at the edges or at the center of an RS web of relationship? Do all your friends know each other or are they connected through you?

Allow me to illustrate what I mean by RS relationships using Kingleonardo's old image (first posted on Tip It, I believe):

webgl5yi8.jpg

What does it represent? Simply put, it shows the links between famous/high level people in RS. The crazy thing is, back then we all knew each other even if it was second or third hand.

In other words, we are all connected to each other in the circle of RS! :lol:

Cool picture, but I think only famous person there is bluerose13x, first 99 smith, player mod, and an awesome lady :)

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

my name's 0 0 spec aww, people I frequently talk to are:

runescapew44

gothic gaara

runswithsciz

mobiusyellow

db29 yo

nelson(random numbers)

i r teh noes

mee kaj

kappa norra

tbcm 20

the 1 u luv

adam rexic

adamrexspam2

Kids ranqe

examines

prayer

And almost everyone else from blogscape/lightning chat

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

Cool picture, but I think only famous person there is bluerose13x, first 99 smith, player mod, and an awesome lady :)

are you DAFT son ? 90% of those people are famous for some reason or another

Being famous would imply that everyone or most everyone knows those people no?

Only person I personally know from there is bluerose13x from back in rsc long long time ago and I believe she no longer plays as of long ago.

Also, I said i THINK I dindt say it as a fact, because I personally ever heard of them, but maybe they are famous for you eh? :thumbsup:

ego_scorpion.png

Im muted, so I cant have friends

:( :(

I can't imagine how that must be. It must feel really unfair, like everyone can do something you can't.

But, why don't you make a new character? Not being able to chat takes out so much fun out of the game. Starting over can be exciting too, you get to choose a username you like better, you get to live all the quests all over again and remember storylines you forgot, you get to play the game as a low level with the experience of a high level, you can choose to put time and effort in things you didn't before, etc.

In one year from now with relatively casual gaming you could be where you are right now, but with a better account, friends, and the ability to talk like everyone else.

2480+ total

Only person I personally know from there is bluerose13x from back in rsc long long time ago and I believe she no longer plays as of long ago.

Also, I said i THINK I dindt say it as a fact, because I personally ever heard of them, but maybe they are famous for you eh? :thumbsup:

In that list you have the first 99 in all combat skill people , the best early runescape pkers , the best skillers in thier time , the creators of some of the biggest clans in RS history , and biggest personalities of RSC.

dravensigki6.jpg

Started January 2001

in case you don't know who any of them are , here is the list to match the names.

Legends Of Overall Stats

Tiwi, L6vi, Zaptone Z, Ashley, Alchemon, G Bub, M Oldfield, Bluerose13x, Tks, Pugxsi, Lightning, Hiana, Doublebubble, Dirtydevil, Sandytrain, Sunjon, Phillip, Stud690, Numb22, Gugge, Thereturnofx, Haxx0r Maxx, Mj, Wapiti, Viikate, Arsenes, Arsefrommars, Sir Beachy, Rush Wind, Mysticsmagic, Joe1002

Legends Of Combat

Alchemon, Sandytrain, Hurkules, Zonghui, Muhahahahaha, Washi Rfd, Darkprince, Phillip, Dirtydevil, Who Da Best, Lady Lynda, Robin Hood2, Almedin3, Ashley, Azot, Dmxkobe8, Gregechidna6, Equalizer T, The Great E, Eva 02, S A X, Gearshifter, Galaxyg, Lightning, Mooncricket, Sir Beachy, Terminator, Wickedwayz, Erixson, Fist Of God, Sir Elliott, Pycckuu Bouh, Ladykilljoy, Datrupimp, Trupimp, L6vi, Tiwi, Ericd16, Mj, Babyluv, Buffyslayer, Lando, Zaptone Z, Roaddogg, Haxx0r Maxx, Sunjon, Magna, Stud690, Jb, Yedija, Polomeros, Red1010, Nock, Trixstar, N15n, Swan Love, Oppai, Doublebubble, Russ An, Needamaid, Thedealer, Yrret 5, Bigkingsfan, Dakiller, The Good 1, Thesimpsons, Spockrock, Max333, Daniel Ruels, Bdvo89, Xzzibit, Crovax, Methattron2, Ssj4, ***edyomomm, Drakkus, Sexy Razor, D E A D L Y, Gugge, Coolerkiller, Pink Lady, Undrtakr1, Zarium, Xxpr0xx, Steveat711sd, Mysticsmagic, Joe1002

Legends Of Range

Kobiianardo, Robin Hood2, Phillip, Flat, Theboss123, Thedealer, Dirtydevil, Stinger X12, Travis23, Autokill, Graffixetet, Fightin Dog, Archer Might, Freestone, Aynard, Bttrflii, Dravenstormn, Kngpin, Ichi, Dw Marco, Dw Buddha, Archer Speed, Killa Priest, Littletn, Judist, N15n, Ethyrial, Theboss, Crushed, Matt49, Moss Johnsun, 6shooter, Blix666, Broken646, Jayded Eyes, Alchemon, Thehate, Sue Me, Buffyslayer, G Bub, Haxx0r Maxx

Legends Of Wizardry

Fist Of God, Bluerose13x, Gormis, Iampenguin, Mystic Kila, Zaptone Z, Sunjon, Ashley, Mysticsmagic, Tiwi, Lady Lynda, Lando, Zonghui, Muhahahahaha, Azot, Pycckuu Bouh, Tks, Viikate, Oppai, L6vi, Tram, Steveat711sd, Swan Love, Destroy U, Mtw700, Ezarc, Skone751, Chris Boyd3, Kunibert, Lotta Might, Puffffin, G Bub, M Oldfield, Ganelon2, Stud690, The Good 1, Alchemon, Moonmage, Sandytrain, Aguilaus22, Dmxkobe8, Simskiller, Lightning, Almedin3

Legends Of Prayer

Yedija, Gearshifter, Muhahahahaha, Lady Lynda, Gogeta, Sandytrain, Wickedwayz, Eminem2001, Talamarimage, Queendemoni, Dirtydevil, Bytesmee, Pink Lady, Zaptone Z, Ashley, L6vi, Azot, Dakiller, Haxx0r Maxx

Legends Of Cooking

Arsefrommars, Archstanton, Zonghui, Shaolincook, Bl Nd3d, Red1010, Tks, Wapiti, Kitsu Joe, Akraen, Pizza B0y, Unknown Boy, Sander, S1acker, 2 X Treme, G Bub, Pycckuu Bouh, Muhahaha, Lightning, Vii Edea, 0wn3d, Matthieu, L6vi, Babym39, Dirtydevil, S O B Bspace, Who Da Best, Zezima, Sandytrain, Sir Elliott, Wethebest

Legends Of Woodcutting

Everdred, Eldgar, Magrathea, Zaptone Z, Brolli, M Oldfield, Arsefrommars, Rubbermaid, Chromex, Cowchicken, Thehate, Blitz Kreig, L6vi, Rattsabre, Rush Wind, Thereturnofx, Dragoon 707

Legends Of Firemaking

Magrathea, Zaptone Z, Arsefrommars, M Oldfield, Tiwi, Everdred, Thereturnofx, L6vi, Rush Wind, Doublebubble, G Bub, Sandytrain, Phillip, Ashley, Cowchicken, Dragoon 707

Legends Of Fishing

Tks, Wapiti, I Zepher I, Shaolincook, Akraen, L6vi, Red1010, Wethebest, Matthieu, 0wn3d, Bl Nd3d, Big Kuku, D Manil, Virx17, Kitsu Joe, Q Xoz, Arsefrommars, Thesimpsons, 2 X Treme, Couga, Sandokan, Babym39

Legends Of Crafting

Hiana, Lt Angel, Goneril, Zero Star, Xxcavalierxx, Bluerose13x, I Godddess I, Pink Lady, H Bar, Writh, Sunjon, Mysticsmagic, Avd, Ascherb, Lil Might, Polgara, Angelwrath, Rainbow247, Wedger, Slysteeler, Everdred

Legends Of Smithing

Bluerose13x, Krest, Gormis, Iampenguin, Lostwind, M Oldfield, Ezarc, D Rad, Red Lock, Musashi22, Fat Trader, Ghettomasta, Fogies11, Hiana, Arris, Cedog, Zweihander, Euklid, Zezima, Lotta Might, Tuntun1, Skon751, Twy, Cwc Zephir1, Sinai, Geliloth, Pocketfluff, Swordsmen

Legends Of Mining

Ezarc, Gormis, Kibble, Lotta Might, Iampenguin, Viikate, Writh, Cedog, S H A R K, Euklid, M Oldfield, Glove, Twy, Wes Dh, Fogies11, Waltteri, Fat Trader, Zweihander, Sinai, Ghettomasta, Lostwind, D Rad, Geliloth, Krest, Elmasmalo, Silencrx, Pocketfluff, Swordsmen, Hiana, Spockrock

Legends Of Herblaw

Moonmage, Bluerose13x, Toxa007, Wedger, Shacoya, Halw Gnun, Lord Cky

Legends Of Thieving

Swedemike, Thehate, Matthieu, Shadowbeast2, Duck Man, 280zx, Tazsteven, Shorty 2001, Lonekeeper, Teagirl5

Legends Of Fletching

Lightning, Blitz Kreig, Chilipeppers, Scarletstar, Moridin, Pker Dude Jr, King Orion 2, Ntucke99

Legends Of Agility

Thehate, Mad Max 87, Phoenixuk, Duece Winsor, Dakini Sword

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legends Of RuneScape's Birth

Caramon, Visolela, Hitman X, Silverion, Eternal Adam, Joe Jenninz, Salem, Blaze mace, Jerico, Oldmanschild, Dmonik, Starlude, Doc Iron 9, Rodrigo, Merlin/Ace2You, R2keen2, Great Vegeta, Esq, Militant, King Sabre, Uk Sabre, Sodevilish, Wasssupp, Rab, Ice Sabre, Sun Sabre, Messiah 10, Wolf, Ironbear09, Lyssa, Kristoffs, Da Sinner, Agassi, Mitchell, Jamk911, Slayer25, Adam4life, Poope, Lyte, Kewldewdm, Dmonik

Legends Of PKing From 2001-2002

**In no particular order!

1. Russ An - First to PK Zonghui officially 1v1 in wild, Amazing PKing speed

2. Danny1880 - One of the most deadliest PKers ever to exist. Considered the Pioneer of RS catching

3. Angel2002/I Wicked I - The most controversial PKer during his time. Lifeless catching... lifeless luck

4. Zar Family 2 - One of the scariest pkers during his time. Not good to be caught by him and his team.

5. Robin Hood2 - The Legend of non-wild PKing.

6. Bs Arkan - The 2nd highest lvl pure during his time and posessed 1337 catching skills.

7. Max333 - One of the most skilful PKers of all time... since 2001 to 2003.

8. Paki4ever/The Lapper/Kingpin - One of the earliest pioneer of pures.

9. Polomeros - Insane high lvl PKer... crazy stats with crazy dmg

10. Who Da Best - A Legendary PKer during his time.

11. Dmxkobe8 - Considerably the pioneer of Magic-PK.. high lvl and extremely skilful.

12. Gregechidna6 - 3rd person to reach 99hp legit. Super high lvl and not to be messed with.

13. Masterlance - A controversial PKer during his time, 1337 PKing skills with mad *** stats.

dravensigki6.jpg

Started January 2001

Dravenstormn, that sure is a lot of legends. Wow! So cool, so many awesome people. One thing though, ive been playing for almost as long as runescape has been around and havent heard of 99% of them... But ill gladly give you names of some real legends that most everyone has heard of.

The Old Nite - used to compete with zezima for #1 skill total. 100% legitimate player and probably one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to interact with. God rest his soul.

Musashi22 - one of the first 99 smiths. dropped price of rune 2h's back in the day. Amaizing player, very talented skiller, used his smithing to make tons of $ for all other skills.

Whitemagem - same as Musashi22.

Bluerose13x - first 99 smith, player moderator, great woman. Very kind and gentle, good friend.

Snake Slavik / Snake Slava - first and second person to hit 99 range. His first account was banned and he hit 99 range for the second time before anybody else could.

Duke freedom - one of the richest merchants runescape has ever seen

Unleash1 - amaizing skiller, very successful merchant, very very rich.

Ace Dylan - became one of the richest people in runesacpe overnight by cleaning out multiple stakers. Then lost it all.

Some of the names off of the top of my head. As for people you listed, nothing against them, but if someone is a legend youd assume people know about them, but I have never heard of them nor have any of my countless friends ever mentioned them. To each his own I suppose, but I do believe that more people know of my insignificant self than of half of them :roll:

ego_scorpion.png

do I really need to spell out who those ppl are to you?

Not looking to pick an argument with you, I was stating what I know on the matter. Having 99 in a certain skill isnt that big of an accomplishment now adays so most people dont consider someone with 99 a legend.

Back when 99 smithing was a huge accomplishment, those people were real legends, every single person knew them.

I guess you and I think of words famous and legend from different perspective. For me someone who is a legend is someone who has done something in this game that people many years later still talk about and someone famous is somebody who is known by everyone.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/legend

1. a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.

6. a collection of stories about an admirable person.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/famous

1. having a widespread reputation, usually of a favorable nature; renowned; celebrated: a famous writer.

I was going by those 2 meanings and my own personal experience + all the conversations about legendary / famous people that ive had with people throughout my time of playing runescape.

ego_scorpion.png

The thing is, in their time period most of those names WERE known by the majority of the players.

Picking a random example, dmonik was well known for being the first person to ever mine a mithril ore. He was also known for being an administrator on tip.it's forums, as well as known thru bluerose.

Judging by your reply later in the thread, I am going to go out on a limb and say you started mid to late 2002 as a guess.

Whether or not to call people in a game "famous" is a debate in and of itself, but thats essentially what it was as they are well names well known by the masses, even those who never knew them personally.

Not to mention, "fame" is subjective, and depends on the individual time period. People who where known at one point, are not necessarily known later. For example, ask any random teenager about movie and TV stars of 30-40 years ago, and I guarantee you quite afew will no idea who they are. It is essentially the same thing on runescape, except it happens at a much faster scale.