RS (in game) relationships!

meili

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snake Slavik botting or not doesnt change the fact that it was cool to look at high scores and see snake slava and snake slavik up there alas he was KNOWN

But according to you , Snake was a legend cause he was on highscores and because of that he was "known" ... guess your beating your own dead horse there huh ?

He was more famous than a legend because everyone who checked highscores back then was wondering if itw as same person or not :)

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

Its easy to see if you are famous, count up how many people know you, if its less tahn about 10000 you are not :)

go ahead and check that out , guarentee a hell of alot more people know me , know of me than you. and 10k people , don't know bout that many , but I am sure a hell of alot do.

Well, if you say so. Check out link in my signature, the first screen shot, and youll see why I was known when I actively played 3 years ago prior to world of warcraft coming out.

If you think you are famous, im happy for you, I mean its what we think of ourselves and not the rest of the world :)

ps. having 100 friends that know you doesnt make you famous :)

ego_scorpion.png

I think it;s safe to say that >60% of everyone who uses /Lightning knows me. The other 40% go on when I'm asleep :P So I could probably say I'm famous to them.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

edit:

Zonghui - I remember that name also. After looking at some of those names, first 99's I remember them from back in rsc.

edit2:

After reexamining the chart Ive noticed musashi22 was in there and I also noticed ladykilljoy. Also I remember zonghui and how he was leveling prayer, before anyone had 99 prayer it was fun watching people climb up in ranks for that skill

ps. I knew ashley, she sold me my first x-mas cracker.

Lightning is in it, too. :P

Hmmm yes perhaps the names don't ring a bell anymore but if you had seen this list back then you would probably have known them. It's a very old list! Also, the more you look at it, the more names will become familiar, that is the way memory works I think. Let's not argue lol so you do know

Uh btw I never said they had an impact in the game. \'

Anyway the pic just shows how closely connected people were. Sometimes pk used to be a big pain when I pked with a partner because between the two of us, we literally knew 80% of all the pkers out there, especially on the London servers. We could barely attack anyone because they were all friends of one or both of us! That doesn't happen nowadays. :(

me and my friend have always been very close, and back eachother up when we need it.

it's really important to have that one person who you stick with as well, it make the game so much more enjoyable.

My old friends mostly left RS for rl things.

meili, I sayd nothing of you. i was just talkin to the guy who thinks he is a famous legend, but has to convince people that he is :)

I hardly ever pked, so I didnt know the pkers, but I did know all the top skillers and merchants, people with whom I dealt with daily, be it having rune 2h's made or selling them supplies :)

ego_scorpion.png

I have some friends, and the most of them know each other. But I also have some friends who is just friend with me and a few more, and none of my friend's friends are my friends. So I'm not in the middle, but pretty close to.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Couple of days a go I met a player mod. she was so nice and helpful and even helped me out with a dhide seller. We got to talking and I invited her into my clan chat. When she joined it turned out she was friends with another person in my clan chat for a long time. Not the first time I find out that people I meet are friends amongst each other.

ego_scorpion.png

meili, I sayd nothing of you. i was just talkin to the guy who thinks he is a famous legend, but has to convince people that he is :)

I hardly ever pked, so I didnt know the pkers, but I did know all the top skillers and merchants, people with whom I dealt with daily, be it having rune 2h's made or selling them supplies :)

Of course, I imagine we had different circles of friends, it wouldn't make sense otherwise. Still those circles would overlap somewhat. For some reason it seems to stick in my mind that Zar family 2 merchanted, he was always trying to buy my stuff but I barely sold anything at all.

I am something of a packrat and even when we only had 1 bank page I had a lot of useless items. You know, silly noob things like burger king hats. :oops:

HeHe I love my burger king hats so much. Only thing I love more than them is how people get worked up over them, esp when drool starts coming out, thats like winning the intrawebz for me :)

I was thinking more about that timeframe, and I remembered few intresting things.

A lot of pkers would unload me full rune / glories / dragon battles / longs etc in large amounts for cheap prices, and I would then distribute it in my clan to be resold. This way I made huge profit for distributing and they made profit for reselling and PKers got rid of it fast and easy :)

I remember once I was invited to go Pking, there was a lot of us, I was running around with nature runes, entangling people and pew pew with my zamorak flames :) And we kept running into large groups of people that were all friends of freinds and we ended up killing 1 or 2 unfortunate people in total, everyone else was a friend to someone so I know exactly what you mean.

I do have to say runescape was so much fun back then.

/Salute meili

ego_scorpion.png

I remember once I was invited to go Pking, there was a lot of us, I was running around with nature runes, entangling people and pew pew with my zamorak flames :) And we kept running into large groups of people that were all friends of freinds and we ended up killing 1 or 2 unfortunate people in total, everyone else was a friend to someone so I know exactly what you mean.

I do have to say runescape was so much fun back then.

/Salute meili

Yes, that's how it was. You'd join a killer team then find the wilderness full of your and their friends so instead of killing everything that moves in the wilderness you end up going "Hey Sander, what's up?" or "Hi XxPkerxX, gimme back the rune long you borrowed" to everyone you meet or some such and it ends up with more and more people joining the group and almost no one gets pked at all.

HeHe wow those good old times, so much fun.

I remember when dragon spear first came out my girl traded my spear for yellow party hat, which is a really unbalanced trade. To this day I dont know how she pulled it off.

Plus many other good memories, like I started showing people all the stuff that is in my trade screen screenshot (link in my signature) I had an army of people following me lol.

It seems that back then everyoen was so much closer bonded and there was so few ignorant people unlike today :(

ego_scorpion.png

Musashi22 was 2nd to 99 smith, Arris was 3rd.

I knew a bunch of those legends and a bunch of them were banned for various reasons over the years.

I still consider Pirahna a legend as he certainly was the dominating 99 miner back in classic, much like Pete 5 was also the top woodcut until she went to college and grew up (I hope I never do, haha).

Two last people... 3 Hit U and I Mahatma I certainly took pking to a new level in classic. I would add them as legends also.

I'm still ticked because Zar Family 2 used to beat me silly when I mined rune way way back in the day. At least he always said "hi" as he did it :)

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat

I remember when dragon spear first came out my girl traded my spear for yellow party hat, which is a really unbalanced trade. To this day I dont know how she pulled it off.

Plus many other good memories, like I started showing people all the stuff that is in my trade screen screenshot (link in my signature) I had an army of people following me lol.

It seems that back then everyoen was so much closer bonded and there was so few ignorant people unlike today :(

Yeh I liked it when you felt you were part of the community. Now the community is too big you seem so insignifcant compared to it.

Oh and by the way just because you don't find someone famous doesn't mean they're not. Your opinion doesn't define who is famous.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Yeh I liked it when you felt you were part of the community. Now the community is too big you seem so insignifcant compared to it.

Oh and by the way just because you don't find someone famous doesn't mean they're not. Your opinion doesn't define who is famous.

True, but I was going by commonly accepted famous and not my opinion :)

Atleast commonly accepted in my circles.

ego_scorpion.png

Yes, that's how it was. You'd join a killer team then find the wilderness full of your and their friends so instead of killing everything that moves in the wilderness you end up going "Hey Sander, what's up?" or "Hi XxPkerxX, gimme back the rune long you borrowed" to everyone you meet or some such and it ends up with more and more people joining the group and almost no one gets pked at all.

ya definately got that right Meili! My bf was friends with you (Kristoffs) and he Pked like mad and I would always go to join him. Trouble was by then he was in a big gang of people just chatting, no one actually able to kill anyone without causing massive drama. That meant when I walked up to say hello to him I was instantly ganged before he had a chance to type she's with me :oops:

Though to be honest I think he let them kill me deliberately for fun. 0ddball got an awful lot of cabbage from me!

ya definately got that right Meili! My bf was friends with you (Kristoffs) and he Pked like mad and I would always go to join him. Trouble was by then he was in a big gang of people just chatting, no one actually able to kill anyone without causing massive drama. That meant when I walked up to say hello to him I was instantly ganged before he had a chance to type she's with me :oops:

Though to be honest I think he let them kill me deliberately for fun. 0ddball got an awful lot of cabbage from me!

DDI, baby, how are ya?

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Oh yeah Kristoffs! That was so long ago lol. Massive drama hahaha we used to have those everyday.

Also, if you attacked someone chances were someone you knew would know him.

One time a guy was attacking a friend of mine (Uriel666) so I helped my friend out. They run off to edge and like 5 minutes later Sir Elliot (4th or 5th highest in combat hiscores at the time) is beside me at hobs saying "Meili did you just attack Tertsi?"

:ohnoes: