Runescape is my escape

Infi

Kinda off topic and sadistic but when I'm sad I like to play WC3, pwn some noobs and then curse the hell out of them till they leave whining. That makes me feel better. Probally makes them feel bad but w/e. L2P.

We must be very different then. So long as im not too depressed that I just ignore everyone when Im playing, I generally find a cheer up by being as helpful to everyone around me (I think ive given away soooooo many free tellies so far O_O), like people who need random quest advice or items and such.

Something just makes me feel better knowing that I've made someone else feel better. Making other people feel bad pretty much makes me feel horrible =P

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am helping people. I am helping people realise they suck and helping good people by making the bad ones quit so we don't get noobs in games.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Schedule a moment in your day to cry about your life, then when you feel better figure out something to fix your problem. And then play Rs with the time remaining.

2480+ total

Schedule a moment in your day to cry about your life, then when you feel better figure out something to fix your problem. And then play Rs with the time remaining.

Crying about your life doesn't make you forget about it, it's still there.

Doing things that take your mind off your troubles are essentially magical, as they have the ability to temporarily erase and numb the nuisances of reality.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Doing things that take your mind off your troubles are essentially magical, as they have the ability to temporarily erase and numb the nuisances of reality.

Crying releases endorphins which then make you feel better. And when your mind is at its normal state again due to the endorphins, then it is the good time to analyse and figure out something to FIX the problem. You can't escape it forever.

2480+ total

Well I hope you pull through but I also hope you don't get addicted... This is what alot of people who get addicted to drugs sound like, "It helps me escape the pressures of the outside world, man!!" So good luck getting through your troubles but try other things to like playing a sport or something!!

I completely agree, when you start playing to avoid issues in your life, it can allow runescape to take over making things a lot worse.

tifa.jpg

Crying releases endorphins which then make you feel better. And when your mind is at its normal state again due to the endorphins, then it is the good time to analyse and figure out something to FIX the problem. You can't escape it forever.

I have already broken down because of my situation, I'd prefer not to think about it.

No matter how much you cry about it, it's still going to be there. Like a permanent scar you can never remove, engraved on the back of your head. Escaping from reality is one of the best things to do when you're troubled, it allows yourself time to bide to yourself and think.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I have already broken down because of my situation, I'd prefer not to think about it.

No matter how much you cry about it, it's still going to be there. Like a permanent scar you can never remove, engraved on the back of your head. Escaping from reality is one of the best things to do when you're troubled, it allows yourself time to bide to yourself and think.

Pain, emotional or otherwise it temporary, in the future you may remember the pain but its just a memory, once you stop feeling it its gone. Also its a woman isn't it. Men are not subtle.

well, i both agree, and disagree to this,

Yes, when playing runescape, you do escape the reality, and that makes it possible to play for hours on hours. And that people can accept you as the one you are et cetera... I did play runescape pretty much, and it was really obsessing at times... just because of this.

But almost half a year ago i quit rs, and to be honest, life have never been better, even though i don't have this way to escape reality it have been better (together with me moving away, et cetera) and my depression (that have lasted for over 3 years) became better.

so while playing rs is very good in the moment you do play it, it's the other things that makes your life better, and you should never, no matter

what, stay home playing instead of doing other things, socializing, doing other hobbies et cetera. No matter how hard it is, and no matter how little you want to see other people at that moment, as staying home playing only makes it worse (or at least doesn't help at all, in the long run)

Scherzo.png

hey

I know how you feel except my story is different.

I have noone to backstab me because im alone.

The only friends i have are my flat mates and they are the same.

I have no family,girlfriend or any other friends.

I thank god for my friends caus if i didn't have them i would have noone.

Could someone add me??? :cry:

Links 2 3 4,Reise Reise,My World and Feuer Frei are the the songs that will make you kick the crap out of a bully that tries to bully you!!

Man, it looks like I may be needing a runescape escape sooner than I thought. I think my girlfriend and I are breaking up =/

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

If your situation allows, I think you should see a psychologist, unless you think otherwise.

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

Runescape cannot backstab you,

I beg to differ.. You can get hacked and scammed, sometimes by people you've known for months... The people in this game can be greedy. obnoxious, and just plain mean to others. Anomitiy is the world's cruelest monster..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I love Runescape because of the escapism. When I'm logged in I'm not me I'm my character and I can go wherever I wish without hassle and do what I want without being answerable to anyone. Where I live it's VERY difficult to get out and about, my friends all live in different parts of the country to me (thank goodness for msn ). So much bad stuff has happened to me over the past year that Runescape helps me forget all that even if it's just for half an hour.

Celticqueen.png

Runescape cannot backstab you,

I beg to differ.. You can get hacked and scammed, sometimes by people you've known for months... The people in this game can be greedy. obnoxious, and just plain mean to others. Anomitiy is the world's cruelest monster..

I think he means the game itself, not the people playing it. And I agree with him, RS(the game) is there for us, and it doesn't let us down.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

A few months ago, this was pretty much how I felt. Theres a sense of completeness and happiness when you achieve a goal you have been aiming for, and with it comes a single moment of happiness that gently fades throughout the day. Its good to get your anger out too ... :D

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

A few months ago, this was pretty much how I felt. Theres a sense of completeness and happiness when you achieve a goal you have been aiming for, and with it comes a single moment of happiness that gently fades throughout the day. Its good to get your anger out too ... :D
When I realized that I had spent most of my free time for about a month and a half getting 94 magic, I quit. #-o

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Runescape is a great way to get away from all the crappy things in every day life, I totally agree with you on that. But on the other hand, don't let yourself to delve too deep into the fantasy world and close out the rest of your life because of it. You need to find the happy medium, like now, I'm about 4k away from 82 slayer, but I need to call my girlfriend to keep her happy too. It's all about sacrifices :P

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."