So how DO you make a large amount of money now?

ugafan_2009

for f2p i think theres still a demand for herblore 2nds on the exchange. yews are selling for a lot. raw lobster i think is still a fair price. big bones probably still sell well. those are some ideas off the top of my head. you may want to sell strength potions or food at bounty hunter or duel arena.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RUNE CRAFTING!!!! people with 91+ rc can make over 70 million a month if they play a bunch

and monster killing! ever heard of a visage? god sward hilt? SLAYER MONSTERS?!!?

people are so used to swindling noobs in the wildy and scamming (x loging and rule switching) in duels, that they dont know how to make money now. It really makes me sick.

Runecrafting is INCREDIBLY dull and time consuming. Trust me. I know. I have lvl 50 runecrafting. And the god sword hilts? They're 100 mil and up (sorry, don't know their current prices) because they're so common. And have you fought one of those bosses? I haven't. And stop bashing PK'ers, they are NOT as bad as people tend to suggest.

if someone has 44 rc does that now mean they can make 35m+ a month? if so, then its still not bad, making 1m+ a day.

slayer is also incredibly profitable, there are tons of ways besides merchanting and pvp. if thats all you wanted, why not play AQ? itll be less burden on jagex

My Goal Signature

Monster hunting isn't dead, it's just the latest "crazed" monster was one you had to fight in groups, or nearly had to (GWD bosses). It's still possible to kill KQ, iron/steel/mith dragons, KBD, giant mole and I've even seen DK's soloed (I admit I'm yet to try DKs). Just because getting GS drops doesn't mean the whole section of monster hunting has been eliminated. In any case, I imagine GS prices are due to drop very soon if not already, think about it. GS's were used mainly in PK/duel arena, they're ability to train isn't as amazing as it may seem, maybe better then a whip, but what's an extra 5k exp per hour when your both sacrificing a shield for defence and possibly over 100M? The main factor that will be fueling their price now in my opinion is the "cool" factor. Everyone likes high hits, it's fun to go around one shot killing whatever you like, even if it's not efficient. Just look at dharoks when it's used without prayer to make it efficient over things like obby weapons with berserk neckies.

I thought this too, until i watched the prices go up over the past few days.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

thank god i made a decent amount of money before all this came about. I am siting in a very comfortable place at the moment. I have everything i need and a decent cash stack pile for whatever were to arise. If i were to need to make money, i would just do what I always did, go to barrows. I've made 50-60m there. its so profitable for the fast and easy experience I get. If that were not to work, I could always go solo DK's. I haven't soloed there before, but I have gone many times with teams and I know what it takes to mage/stay after the team has left. the only problem would be the entrance; but that could be solved by being taught by a few friends.

so really, nothing has changed for me. Thank god :D

polarbeardaveyz9.png

RUNE CRAFTING!!!! people with 91+ rc can make over 70 million a month if they play a bunch

and monster killing! ever heard of a visage? god sward hilt? SLAYER MONSTERS?!!?

people are so used to swindling noobs in the wildy and scamming (x loging and rule switching) in duels, that they dont know how to make money now. It really makes me sick.

Runecrafting is INCREDIBLY dull and time consuming. Trust me. I know. I have lvl 50 runecrafting. And the god sword hilts? They're 100 mil and up (sorry, don't know their current prices) because they're so common. And have you fought one of those bosses? I haven't. And stop bashing PK'ers, they are NOT as bad as people tend to suggest.

if someone has 44 rc does that now mean they can make 35m+ a month? if so, then its still not bad, making 1m+ a day.

slayer is also incredibly profitable, there are tons of ways besides merchanting and pvp. if thats all you wanted, why not play AQ? itll be less burden on jagex

But if everyone starts Runecrafting, the only profit will be for pure ess miners. And slayer is profitable, I'll grant you that, but it levels slower then HP and you have to go back to the slayer masters for new assingments.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Yeah, probably the best thing to do is sell your stuff except for a few items for skilling, and just keep making money. I dumped everything I owned a few weeks back, and I'd have made ~250-300k profit if I bought it all back today, so I'm going to keep it sitting in my bank for a while.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

I could make about 400k/hour with 75+ rc(giant pouch) when I played. So if you averaged about 2 and a half hours a day, then yes.

91 rc'ers make even more because they only have to buy one ess for every two nats they make, while solo nat rc'ers have to buy one ess for one nat.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

The only REAL way to make money will be to alch things I guess, since as someone pointed out:

and how do you think buyers afforded herbs, high level weapons, etc.? It's a chain reaction - it will affect everyone.

Raw materials will all fall, I think (plus they're already way down with the release of the GE except for yews and maybe magics. Oh, and an answer to someone's question on how herblore market is doing:

Irits are 1200ea, sup attacks are 350ea...

Harralanders were 500-600ea two weeks ago, not sure now...

Ranarrs are 5k per

Cads are 900ea

Dwarf weed is 1770ea

hmm... not sure on torstol...

Avantoe is about 800ea I think

Lant is somewhere between 1000 and 1500ea

Herbs have all fallen a lot with the GE's help.

Ranarr seed is 15k and still took me an hour to sell :|

newsigac5.png

for nonmembers like me (atm) what i found that is great is:

woodcutting yews behind varrok castle.

sure there is alot of people there but its better than edgville and people seem much friendlyer. bank at grand exchange and sell every 100 yews you get.

my wc is 87 - i can get 100 yews in about 10-15 mins (estimate) 30k in 10 minutes is good for nonmembers.