JaGex: The Great Protector

Ravenkana

Is it just me, or does JaGex seem to be talking down to us? In recent updates, they seem to tell us that everything they're doing is "for the good of the players." And with the most recent update, JaGex seems to be saying the made a "slight" error in justice.

It also seems to me that JaGex has been telling us countless white lies and keeping certain practices under wraps. Point in case: the banning of supposed "offensive names."

The point of this thread is to get YOUR opinion; to you think that JaGex has been mollycoddling us due to the increasingly low age of the average player? And do you think that JaGex should be more open and honest about what they do?

Note: Please keep flaming to a minimum. Also, this is in NO way an attack on JaGex it is just intellectual discussion.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Yep, it's just you.
Oh, really mah petite fromage? One question: Do you find the name Krazyfakin offensive?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

well those in-charge need to act like they are in-charge i guess.

i think some of the people at jagex are really cool though. ::'

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

Yep, it's just you.
Oh, really mah petite fromage? One question: Do you find the name Krazyfakin offensive?

It easily could be, as you can just change one vowel.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

If they were in charge of us in RL then I would say that we don't need to know what they do. But since runescape is a game I don't think everybody(everybody being the key word) needs to know but some people like longtime players should know. How to let them know without letting everybody know is a diferant problem.

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

I think Jagex are honest enough if you are asking about that? Todays topic from them about future updates was good.

Stop whining about a silly name like Krazyfaking. Lol, grow up small kids.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

Yep, it's just you.

It's Krazyfaken.

Stop whining!

I think you made the name Krazyfakin on purpose. Enough said.

I laugh at you for not knowing who Krazyfaken is? It isn't that guy above, lol

Yep, it's just you.

It's Krazyfaken.

Stop whining!

Yeah krazyfaken was some clan leader; but i once got warned for having '[wagon]' in my name when my name is petercassell, which happens to be my name IRL.

Krazyfaken is not made up, he is just the prime example of injustice going around, which we rub in jagex's face.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Yep, it's just you.

It's Krazyfaken.

Stop whining!

Yeah krazyfaken was some clan leader; but i once got warned for having '[wagon]' in my name when my name is petercassell, which happens to be my name IRL.

Krazyfaken is not made up, he is just the prime example of injustice going around, which we rub in jagex's face.

But why should we be upset about that? He was very naughty, according to the great and powerful JaGex! And, if you can't trust a massive souless corporation, then who can you trust?

They are behaving the way most big corporations do.

The sad thing is the number of players who treat them like a beloved parent or teacher, when they are anything but.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Yep, it's just you.

That would be mon petit fromage, fromage is a masculine word.

Anyhow, Krazyfaken is not offensive. Nobody cares what the name could look like with some imagination, if you switch some letters around, etc. The fact is the name as it is, is not offensive. Jagex has completely throw out logic out of the window if they ready to ban names like that. Obviously some wannabe mods thought it would be funny to report hardly offensive names in the hopes to gain a few points (not really). This the same kind of individuals who report people for saying tip.it or google. And worse, Jagex listens to them, what a bunch of idiots.

2480+ total

You need to be 13 to play RS anyway.

You can play Runescape if you're under 13 so long as you have parental permission. Anyway, Jagex has become so engrossed with the notion of protecting "the young" players, that they've totally forgotten that it's the job of the parent to protect "the young". The majority of Runescape aren't idiots. We don't need to be babied.

Some of Jagex's recent updates/actions are so incredibly laughable, so incredibly innane, that I wonder if they're secretly being controlled by a group of soccer moms >_>

Yep, it's just you.

That would be mon petit fromage, fromage is a masculine word.

Anyhow, Krazyfaken is not offensive. Nobody cares what the name could look like with some imagination, if you switch some letters around, etc. The fact is the name as it is, is not offensive. Jagex has completely throw out logic out of the window if they ready to ban names like that. Obviously some wannabe mods thought it would be funny to report hardly offensive names in the hopes to gain a few points (not really). This the same kind of individuals who report people for saying tip.it or google. And worse, Jagex listens to them, what a bunch of idiots.

Sorry... I don't speak French... or even take French language classes. Though I can do a passable French accent and an EXCELLENT Cajun one.