Why do you still play runescape?

Angelsbane

:shame: As Ray said, the update didn't affect me.

I have some troubles still to find someone to sell my games necklaces and dueling rings, but bleh, finding buyers is always a little tricky. :anxious:

I play to skill to, i love cooking, fishing, farming, slaying and thieving. <3:

The day that RS removes those skills i'll quit :ohnoes:

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did PK often (almost daily) as a solo pker at edge. Mainly in P2P, and sometimes F2P. Recent updates have of course changed they way I play.

Now I see if there is a cluster of mates all on 1 world (they would be in Clan Wars or BH), if so, I join them - otherwise I go train slayer, range, def or look at a skill I haven't touched for a while and get a level every now and then.

I play differently, and the adrenaline rush of pking at edge is gone. Bounty Hunter is no match for 1v1 at edge, as when you are in a team the fear factor is diminished significantly.

I still play because first of all, the updates really didn't effect me, even though I do pk.

No, the real reason is because I think Jagex is the best MMORPG company that I've worked with. They are so helpful to their players, even the F2P. Heck, you can talk to some of the main workers in game! (you know, with the gold crown.) Also, they try really hard to give updates that the players will like. You want to know why they released this recent update that every is now complaining about? It's because before the update, the biggest complaint in the entire game was the amount of bots and RWTs. Therefore, Jagex tried to fix it - for their players. Unfortunately for Jagex, the players decided they disliked the solution more than the problem... But Jagex is already working on that, with the proposed updates that they posted on the main page.

I don't know, I just think Jagex is a really great company and people don't give them enough credit.

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

I continue to play simply because the game itself is fun. I'm not much on multiplayer interaction, so I don't have any friends on RuneScape, but that has yet to take away from my enjoyment of the game. That's probably due to my age since I'm a part of a small minority of 19-year-old players. I play for myself and play for leisure. :)

I never really worry about getting my skills up to a high level or setting goals. I just enjoy just doing quests, NPC combat, and occasionally making money.

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

There are plenty of reasons why JaGEx HAD to kill the botting and RWT and if you look around these boards and the runescape website you'll find them.

You might have your doubts about how they did it, just like I do, but the fact that id had to be done can't be denied.

There are plenty of reasons why JaGEx HAD to kill the botting and RWT and if you look around these boards and the runescape website you'll find them.

You might have your doubts about how they did it, just like I do, but the fact that id had to be done can't be denied.

Give me a break...so a few ppl were autoing/buying gold, whatever. It doesn't justify screwing up the game for everyone.

Give me a break...so a few ppl were autoing/buying gold, whatever. It doesn't justify screwing up the game for everyone.

The autoers were paying for membership with stolen credit cards, and rwt's were making millions off the game, so yeah, I'd say it was needed. :-$

I play due to my friends and newfound addiction to clanwars :anxious:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

the reason that i still play is because even though there are no pkers, no one to buy the fish i catch, or the people who would buy the wood i cut (to make bows [to sell to pkers{i know most alched but whatever}]), or the people who get money from killing me (pkers) is because there is still a community. the community is one of the reasons RS became popular in the first place. i have already seen the community improve, few jerky pures challenging to fight people, people helping others, talking. i play for the community.

as it was said in the farsala trilogy "when the world is kicked, all you can do is ride the waves." it means that when there is great change, all you can do go through it and hope it was for the better.

I play this game for pretty much the same reason i've been playing the past 3 years. It's fun, has a great community (well, staying away from the recent updates forum when a new update comes helps with that part :P )

and probably the main reason is because it's got so many skills, that i get goals to get to ____ level in ____ skill. it's just nice playing a game where you can form realistic, but difficult goals, and feels like an accomplishment when you finally reach it ^_^

oh, and having not pked or used the arena beyond a few guilds i tried out a while ago, these new updates really haven't affected me in any way, other than being able to go out to the wildy without worrying about my whip or other stuff, since my combat isn't in range of any revenants as far as i go into the wilderness.

Mainichi ga Kiseki

shanasig2rl2pe0.jpg