Summoning F2P?

Benoit4whc

So what if they use computers for a lot of things, that has nothing to do with what I said. I'm sure nearly all F2P can afford the 5$ a month easily to play runescape, yet they don't. I'm saying afford, not that they don't want to use the money. If they don't want to use it, then everything that they complain for is their own fault. That's why they should not be given the same things that members get. As I remember one guy said in his quote, "Members is just 1 less bigmac meal a month.". Besides, getting things for free then asking or even hoping for more in this case because It's not like you're starving or something, is not proper. It shows greed. I didn't insult them at all, I don't know what kinda crud you're pulling out of your hat, magic boy. I just said they don't deserve updates, which is true. BTW the thing about dedicated players, I said that Fook was a dedicated player like the rest of us, so you fail on that point.

At least it looks like you thought this argument out.

OK, I might have missed the part where you said Fook was a dedicated player, that's my bad, but as I said, it was late, and because of that, I was tired.

And using computers for a lot of things kinda is part of what you said. Now, did you not say that "you should NOT own a computer or Internet access if you can't afford that much for a simple game that you enjoy"? Kinda implies that if you can't spend $5 on a GAME for any reason above EVERYTHING else you see as important in your LIFE, due to a strict budget, saving for a holiday you've always wanted to go on to see friends/family or something, that you shouldn't have a computer, or even have the Internet.

And you are pretty much saying that $5 is nothing, just something that's there to be spent without a second thought, due to being "pocket change." Because there are many people who view pocket change like this, then you are also spending nothing on a game, which you think deserves to only be upgraded so that other people who seem to be paying nothing to play are pleased.

Look at it this way.

F2P pays with ads=Next to nothing

P2P pays with $5 a month->$5="pocket change"=next to nothing

What the hell? Looks like I've taken what you've said about paying and compared it to how F2P pay for the game, and what's that? Same outcome?

People will complain about anything, and everything. If i go on youtube, I can watch many more Member rights then F2P ones. The point here is that yeah, F2P complains but I see many more Members complaining because they had an update altered which "wasn't to their liking." Shouldn't they be respecting the fact that they already have so much in comparison, and that the change was for a reason and what not?

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I don't really care, I just want to express my views on what you said. I'll go back and edit out the idiot part and what not as well, I was annoyed at something else at the time.

(As for that guys quote, I've seen it aswell, and considering I haven't eaten MacDonald's in many years, find it hard to eat -1 Big Macs, because I doubt each month MacDonald's is gonna give me money for not eating/working there)

tazo6114.png

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might be like prayer. Try getting 99 when you can only get 15xp at a time.

Don't forget, Summoning will be released along with the new quest Wolf Whistle. I'm guessing you won't be able to train it until you do the quest, like Herblore. If summoning is made F2p then the quest will also be the first f2p quest in a very long time. This is the reason why I think Summoning will be all P2P.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Hey, been gone for a few years, thought this would be a good place to resurface \'

First off- I'm absolutely DISGUSTED how you people talk about F2P. 'gargabe' 'whiners' 'leeches'?

Get rid of F2P and watch your precious economy crash, watch yews go from 200 a piece to 1k each, and the same goes for the other mass produced resourses that members rely on f2p to get fast, cheap and effective so that we make the most of our money. so instead, call them/us the backbone of runescape, the lambs, the sheep, the workhorses whatever, but F2P are to be respected for their service, and dont trash them just because they may not be financially able to pay. instead be grateful that you yourself are well off enough to afford 5$ a month.

second- Why not make this skill F2P? makes so much sense to me i'd laugh at bad business sense of jagex if they passed up this opportunity:

like with most of the GREATEST updates to games, a small portion, a taste, a HOOK is left for the free players to try, and make them crave the true abilities.

It makes total sense for jagex to release a portion of this skill to F2P, it would get them many times more people wanting members than if they just showed pictures. you dont buy a car because you like the picture on the internet, you buy it for you like it after you've tried it!

its a business move, itll make them more money, which they sadly need after the mass quittings lately.

So to those of you who say "F2P doesnt deserve it", it doesnt matter, its what they think, and know will hook F2P to buy membership, for the added benifit.

and finally- wasnt some sort of quest required for runecrafting, which is F2P? i see no problem with a quest being released to F2P for summoning.

thankyou for your time, I wont be replying most likely, just thought i'd give my opinion as both a member, and a free to play player who's been around since the times when people had manners.. and didnt instantly scream noob and flame when something that slightly irritated them popped up... Enjoy!

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I have to say, well, I want to say STFU to a lot of flamers on this thread.

Brando and co. - I have to say, when you say that JaGEx will put Summoning, a portion of it, onto f2p, in my previous replies on this thread, I never said anything about Summoning not being f2p. If I did, please do quote me if I did, I do apologize for misleading you readers.

I'm certainly not someone important here in RS. I have meager skill lvls. I however have been playing since 2005, it amazingly hit me when ppl asked me when I got the jester hat & scarf. I've seen quite a bit since getting on RS.

I've seen JaGEx do an excellent job of keeping players in the game. One thing is the platform - Java is a complex language, believe me, but to make a whole game of it, extensively maintaining it, is why ppl even bother playing it. Repetition is simple, interactions are simple, and that's why ppl even bother to lvl to 99.

The second, and this is where I can somewhat agree on a lot of ppl here - catering to the masses, both p2p and f2p. This is where the debate lies.

To place Summoning into p2p places an elite class of 127s+ in members, while in f2p - the max is 126. Hard to say, why wouldn't one (f2p) want to join p2p to get to 138? It's not stupid at all to keep it that way, that's a big hook into getting f2pers into p2p and keeping p2pers in RS at all.

To place even a small portion of Summoning into f2p, relies on the basis that Summoning has to be that good of a skill, that worthwhile to even put a bit into f2p as a "demo". Yes, if one completes in f2p the portion of Summoning available, and wants to continue in p2p, they'll weigh the impact of the skill enough to pay for it.

~WSW~

Since the revenants keep pace with max player level, AND Jagex has given them all the bells and whistles of P2P on F2P, the Wildy is going to take on a whole new level of danger come January.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Max combat is 138 and it's P2P skill only, as I posted 3 weeks ago.

The problem is that it would make members chars weaker in f2p than f2p chars if it is purely p2p yet affects combat. I hope Jagex has taken this into consideration.

I agree, Jagex won't want to punish ex-members. Qeltar's solution is possible, but i see lots of glitches and confusion.

Completely agree. summoning would definitely disadvantage members in f2p.

I would very much like summoning to be part f2p even though im a member.

Hopefully they have already taken this into account. I'll laugh a lot if they haven't after taking one whole year to make this skill. You just never know with Jagex, they always have glitches and obvious oversights (ge with no bank pin, pohs with no bank pin) yet they say they test before they update. :-w

Anyone remember the day o doom courtesy of Construction? Jagex is REALLY into stringent testing.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Will summoning be available to f2p?

Before I start explaining my thoughts I need to explain my motivations.

I am a high level f2p (Top 70). I do not wish to reveal who my rs character is as it has real life implications. I play rs simply to level. I have never pked or been ti bounty hunter or arena and never will unless it can positively affect my goal of 99s in all f2p skills bar prayer and runecrafting.

The last few updates for f2p have not helped me much at all. The increase in bamk space only means I have some more junk and I am less organised. The loss of pking has been detrimental in that I can no longer fish for profit and can also no longer trade free trout and salmon to increase speed of dropping. The GE has been a godsend and I have made incredible cash which has meant that my total cash requirements should take only a further 4 months to reach.

I do not want summoning to be f2p because it will be another skill I am forced to level and I was hoping to retire in approximately 6 months.

Jagex is a real life business. They will only add to f2p if it increases profit. If they add it completely then there would be no reason for people to switch. If they do not add it at all then there will be no way for newcomers to try it and realise any fun that may be associated with it. Therefore I am forced to conclude from a business sense that they will make it very hard for f2p and we will only be able to summon low level monsters. This will be a disaster for myself and other players like Fook but, since we do not pay, Jagex will not mind.

One other point I would like to make is that Jagex need f2p and do not have it because they are too generous. RS is for much of the time incredibly tedious. It would only be used by idiots like myself if it did not have a members section but no one would pay even $5.00 per month to sit for several days clicking pixels just to get to 60 wc or similar in fact I think they should pay us because its worse than working. It is necessary therefore to have the free section in order for people to reach decent levels before becoming members. Jagex have a difficult time to balance this need to level and a desire to make the game attractive. A little taste of summoning achieves this dual purpose.

do free players have more then only the chicken egg?

they cant go to the vultures to get vulture eggs,

so i think its p2p

another thing:

the only pet store is in yanille,f2p cant get there.

1st why do you think summoning will use only eggs ?

2nd whats with the pet store ? there is diference between pet and summoning ... i have a cat , you want to tell me that i can make it fight for me ?

do free players have more then only the chicken egg?

they cant go to the vultures to get vulture eggs,

so i think its p2p

another thing:

the only pet store is in yanille,f2p cant get there.

1st why do you think summoning will use only eggs ?

2nd whats with the pet store ? there is diference between pet and summoning ... i have a cat , you want to tell me that i can make it fight for me ?

1st: they miss an important part of summoning,if they have no eggs..

2nd: you cat can fight rats..

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

1st: they miss an important part of summoning,if they have no eggs..

2nd: you cat can fight rats..

1 they can use bones ? or specific part of the animal (feathers etc) you summon them , they are already hatched ...

2 ok another example fish in a aquarium ?

First post :oops:

Am i the only one here thinking that atleast 100 programmers, working more then a year *might* have found a way to recounculate your combat with out your summoning lvl when logging into a f2p server? :-#

:shock: What if that quest requires you to have say 30 levels in summoning before you can go to it?

Imagine it as being a really hard skill t o train about 10 xp or something per summon :-k

Now once you go do that quest you will summon really good monsters like that squid. Now you will get about 100 xp per summon.

Not exact numbers but I am saying that without quest done you will be training summoning like f2p trains prayer.

With it done you will be using Dragon bones compared to those big bones in xp.

:anxious: I believe it will be small for f2p, possibly chickens only :-s