Summoning F2P?

Benoit4whc

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F2p should get something every couple of months just to keep them biting, but shouldn't get a whole new skill.

Since the stronghold of security, the only true updates F2P has gotten are the 8 bankspaces and the team capes.

An F2P update can even be re-releasing a members section like duel arena/bounty hunter....don't act like you didn't get those.

F2p should get something every couple of months just to keep them biting, but shouldn't get a whole new skill.

Since the stronghold of security, the only true updates F2P has gotten are the 8 bankspaces and the team capes.

An F2P update can even be re-releasing a members section like duel arena/bounty hunter....don't act like you didn't get those.

they released them becouse they removed wildy , duh... don't act like you are an idiot.

I may be wrong, but here are things that makes me think that it will be P2P :

- Pet shop is located in ... Yanille, near hunter store, A P2P town.

- Summoning is though to complete Hunting wich is ... P2P.

- Diary 3 :

You need some skills to be easy to train and some that are hard." Summoning leans more towards the hard end of the scale, but it's well worth the effort. Everyone will be able to get something out of it ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ whether that's the skillcape at level 99, cockatrices at level 43 or just pet dogs at level 1

Hard skill for skilled P2P, i can't explain, but all updates have driven players to skills so adding a new hard one is making it a better challenge. And tbh, high skill are more P2P parts of RS.

How would it be possible for F2P to summon a P2P beast (cockatrice) ?

Now, let we take it as it is : runescape business plan is built on membership + ads (for f2p players). What makes is so popular ? the fact that you can start a character in f2p in order to get familliar with the game... and become a member to benefit the hole gameset.

Like merchants, pkers pures and rwt macros/farmers, f2p skillers represent a deviation of the game.

Wow : i can see you starting to be nervous. I don't mean they are not good. They are the best players ever in my eyes (so much work in so poor conditions). I mean that f2p part of runescape is an appeal... for membership, not a goal. Here is the deviation. You can still skill f2p, it doesn't hurt the game at all.

I think f2p won't change in deap and won't get that skill.

Hope you won't flame me, i <3 f2p's and was one a long time.

Anyone ever notice the stray dogs in Varrock East bank? Jagex doesn't simply put things there for nothing. Besides, the dog responds if you give it bones or meat AND it follows you too.

Those are fake updates, meant to replace something even bigger.

Something eated my sig.

For the record, I'm f2p atm. Been p2p, liked it, will def. consider coming back onto it.

On topic to summoning, yeah i guess this is a way to create an elite class of 127+ in p2p, making it WORTHWHILE to raise combat in p2p, even though there's not more PKing to do. BH doesn't count, don't act like it does, moving on. You think just because a p2p feels special because they can get 126, doesn't mean all 126s are in p2p.

Let me reiterate that: 99 Atk/Str/Def/Mag/Range/HP = 126 cmb

All these skills can be raised in f2p and p2p. Unbalanced for the most part, but achievable.

However, to the balance of slayer/farming/construction/hunter/summoning that p2p's seen since the switch from RSC to RS2, I see a couple skills that could potentially be dubbed down to f2p status (only 1 out of these might possibly be chosen to be f2p):

1) Fletching: Mages have RCing (RuneCrafting), Warriors have Smithing, Rangers need Fletching in f2p. Evens things out for everyone. Money market for beginners. Money saturates into the economy, to the point, prices will go back up again like normal.

2) Construction: could be dubbed down to the point where f2pers could build a basic house, with a limit of max 10 rooms. (10 max could be changed, however, to a lower number)(no portal room for f2pers :|). Money drainage from an already-dumbed down f2p economy. :S

3) Herblore: extensive items/ingredients that will saturate the market. Herblore market is pretty stable, and will make f2pers possibly join p2p. Make atk/str/def/energy potions creatable in f2p, rest p2p.

4) Agility: Why I believe this is the most potent skill to be dubbed down to f2p - we can already recover run energy faster, if agility lvl > 1. I have 31 agil, from my time in p2p, and I find somewhat of an advantage with it, thankfully, than with 1 Agility. Brimhaven can easily be opened up for the Agil Arena. (No Shilo Village/Tai Bwo Wannai for f2p though, please). Run energy recovery carries over from p2p to f2p. Why not make it a skill to level up, without raising combat?

Summoning is related to Hunter. No question about it, those skills deal closely to animals. Move on with your lives. Don't get hung up over it. No relation to keeping it p2p.

~WSW~

F2P should NOT complain 5$ is pocket change I've said this time and time again......you should NOT own a computer or internet access if you can't afford that much for a simple game that you enjoy....Also when Fook posted "At least I don't pay 5$ a month to click". Well you play the game very often and you have clicked a ton, the money is so less that it's basically the time you use clicking that matters, and you my friend, have clicked a HELL of a lot.(like the rest of us dedicated players) :|

F2P recently got more bankspace which leads me to believe that a small part of summoning may be F2P. Like in Runecrafting.

The more i think about this...this is what i think is going to happen, Like runecrafting...just not all of it. But as with every update in runescape...we must wait and see.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

F2P should NOT complain 5$ is pocket change I've said this time and time again......you should NOT own a computer or internet access if you can't afford that much for a simple game that you enjoy....Also when Fook posted "At least I don't pay 5$ a month to click". Well you play the game very often and you have clicked a ton, the money is so less that it's basically the time you use clicking that matters, and you my friend, have clicked a HELL of a lot.(like the rest of us dedicated players) :|

Those that read what the topic poster said and those that posts on topic have not asked for any updates, the question is, Do you think F2p will get Summoning? Not, F2p should get Summoning.

F2P should NOT complain 5$ is pocket change I've said this time and time again......you should NOT own a computer or internet access if you can't afford that much for a simple game that you enjoy.....(like the rest of us dedicated players) :|

Now, I really didn't feel like doing something like this any time soon, but I will.

People use computers for lots of things. It makes things like school work a hell of a lot easier. I don't plan on writing up multiple page assignments by hand, and in fact, most of my teachers won't let me do this (I have horrible handwriting according to them <.< ). As for the Internet, you make it sound like playing that one game is all they do on the net. I'm sure I am not the only person who uses it to keep in touch with friends located around the world. Also, maybe some people have something better to do with their cash then spend it on video games. I for one enjoy spending my cash on buying magic supplies so i can do some decent tricks in the streets of Freo or what not.

True, most F2Ps shouldn't complain, but because you think your so much better then them cause you pay $5 a month (and this depends on where you are in the world), doesn't give you the right to insult them.

And what makes you think only members are dedicated players? That is by far the most bias thing i have heard in the last couple of days. There are lots of F2Ps whom are more dedicated to the game then some members are, I for one, have played RS longer then most of my member mates.

To me, it feels I've left a lot out of what I have just said, and that I could make it better, but it's late.

Also, F2P will probably get the limited version of summoning like people have been saying, but doesn't bother me.

tazo6114.png

If summoning is to hunting what smithing is to mining. Then considering Hunting is a P2P skill it is very unlikely that summoning will be F2P
mining to smithing is like smithing to melee , like rc to magic , like FLETCHING to ranged. still ranged is not p2p only right ?

ahem.... look at my previous post on (page 10 of) this thread. We most likely won't get even a portion of Summoning. But, one of the skills I mentioned above there might possibly get bumped down to f2p status. Frankly, I dislike range, but I support fletching to f2p, or agility.

Yes, I feel like I clicked enough times to pay for this game in clicks. But we still keep on playing. Cuz it's fun. Deal with it, get over it, make it yours.

~WSW~

No new skills are F2P, and to be honest, I hope it's P2P only.
i realy hope its p2p only , so the members will get +5-6 useless cb levels for f2p , and when they want to go pvping they will be totaly pwned.

If summoning is P2P only it would be the other way around where P2P would gain a disadvantage in F2P worlds or be the same depending on where you go ^_^

For example, if summoning were to be P2P those players that raise combat through summoning levels but no F2P combat stats would experience a disadvantage to those with the same F2P combat stats but a lower level within the 1st and 2nd caves moving to the next higher cave in bounty hunter :roll: The assumption would be that summoning would have no effect in F2P worlds

Homeworld 25 - Pure F2P - 1549 Overall

Always assisting crafting (99) or smithing (99)

Always set to on privacy, unless too many random pms. The one and only noob ^_^

i realy hope its p2p only , so the members will get +5-6 useless cb levels for f2p , and when they want to go pvping they will be totaly pwned.

If summoning is P2P only it would be the other way around where P2P would gain a disadvantage in F2P worlds or be the same depending on where you go ^_^

For example, if summoning were to be P2P, those players that raise combat through summoning levels but no F2P combat stats would experience a disadvantage to those with the same F2P combat stats but a lower level within the 1st and 2nd caves moving to the next higher cave in bounty hunter :roll: The assumption would be that summoning would have no effect in F2P worlds

thaat's what I was trying to say ( you have better way with words .. )

who said it effects combat? if it does it might be the way mage and range effects combat

New dev diary.

As if the third person to answer his dumb question was going to make a difference? SPAM?

Back on topic, no, it wont be FTP. The last skill that FTP got was Runecrafting, and hasnt been a new once since then.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

For example, if summoning were to be P2P, those players that raise combat through summoning levels but no F2P combat stats would experience a disadvantage to those with the same F2P combat stats but a lower level within the 1st and 2nd caves moving to the next higher cave in bounty hunter :roll: The assumption would be that summoning would have no effect in F2P worlds

thaat's what I was trying to say ( you have better way with words .. )

It's for this reason (partly) that I think it might have a F2P aspect. That way there will always be some balance between P2P and F2P. Otherwise, as has been said, P2P will be at a disadvantage on F2P worlds (primarily in BH for the moment), unless they completely ignore summoning stat when calculating combat level when on F2P worlds.

As a F2Per, I don't expect it to be F2P, but can see some overall game reasons that it could become F2P. Personally, to me it'd make more sense to make an old skill (e.g., theiving) F2P rather than a new one.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Its kinda double edged

they wont let F2Ps to be stronger then P2Ps in any aspect ...

but where was the last time when f2ps got skill (they said it runecrafting) and quest (the skill will come with the quest for it , ti was wolfsoemthing blah blah i dont remember the name) wich rq's 3 p2ps quests ...

F2P should NOT complain 5$ is pocket change I've said this time and time again......you should NOT own a computer or internet access if you can't afford that much for a simple game that you enjoy.....(like the rest of us dedicated players) :|

Now, I really didn't feel like doing something like this any time soon, but I will, because of you.

People use computers for lots of things you idiot. It makes things like school work a hell of a lot easier. I don't plan on writing up multiple page assignments by hand, and in fact, most of my teachers won't let me do this (I have horrible handwriting according to them <.< ). As for the Internet, you make it sound like playing that one game is all they do on the net. I'm sure I am not the only person who uses it to keep in touch with friends located around the world. Also, maybe some people have something better to do with their cash then spend it on video games. I for one enjoy spending my cash on buying magic supplies so i can do some decent tricks in the streets of Freo or what not.

True, most F2Ps shouldn't complain, but because you think your so much better then them cause you pay $5 a month (and this depends on where you are in the world), doesn't give you the right to insult them.

And what makes you think only members are dedicated players? That is by far the most bias thing i have heard in the last couple of days. There are lots of F2Ps whom are more dedicated to the game then some members are, I for one, have played RS longer then most of my member mates.

To me, it feels I've left a lot out of what I have just said, and that I could make it better, but it's late.

Also, F2P will probably get the limited version of summoning like people have been saying, but doesn't bother me.

So what if they use computers for a lot of things, that has nothing to do with what I said. I'm sure nearly all F2P can afford the 5$ a month easily to play runescape, yet they don't. I'm saying afford, not that they don't want to use the money. If they don't want to use it, then everything that they complain for is their own fault. That's why they should not be given the same things that members get. As I remember one guy said in his quote, "Members is just 1 less bigmac meal a month.". Besides, getting things for free then asking or even hoping for more in this case because It's not like you're starving or something, is not proper. It shows greed. I didn't insult them at all, I don't know what kinda crud you're pulling out of your hat, magic boy. I just said they don't deserve updates, which is true. BTW the thing about dedicated players, I said that Fook was a dedicated player like the rest of us, so you fail on that point.

you should NOT own a computer or internet access if you can't afford that much for a simple game that you enjoy

You are saying everyone under 18 shouldn't play computer games?

What are you talking about? I meant that if their parents can't afford to pay the 5$ if the kid wanted it. The parents not wanting to, then that's your problem with your parents. Credit cards are pretty much required to sign up for the game or at least you need your parents permission so, if your parents don't want you to play, then it's your problem with your parents.

Those that read what the topic poster said and those that posts on topic have not asked for any updates, the question is, Do you think F2p will get Summoning? Not, F2p should get Summoning.

Ok, then I don't think F2P will get it at all, and I hope they don't.