Summoning F2P?

Benoit4whc

I can see it being Free to Play.

After all I've never known a game to stop you becoming the maximum level because you don't pay.

Heres a short list:

Star Sonata (only allowed to games level 20 if you dont pay)

Starport GE: (people who pay always have the combat advatage, but there are no levels in this game)

Darkspace (14 day trial, so max level is physicaly impossible)

Out of those 3 I only play starport.

I said I've never known a game to stop you from being the max level.

So clearly it can happen in ones I've never heard of.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to the discussion of whether or not Jagex should give F2P more updates, people always seems to have heated arguments that lead to the flame war in the forum.

As a long term F2P myself, I am already happy with all the current F2P content that we already have, whether or not Summoning will be include next year, I dont think it will make much difference to anyone who wishes to stay F2P. ( and I think thats what Fook means)

It seems P2P always think that F2P are getting alot of things for free when they don't pay anything to play on this game, but then again, thinking back, RS was a F2P game in the beginning. Later on F2P expand into P2P, and without the "trial" of F2P, people can't really evaluate what the game is like.

Overall, most F2Pers I know, are happy with the current things that we have (I am sure that goes extra same for anyone thats on top F2P 200 list), anything more is always welcome, but not required. Some F2pers want more things are only natural (but please dont make this a generalization that all F2P are whiners and beggers and ask for more things), and again, since its free to play, big updates like summoning are most unlikely to happen. Even if it does, i guess best thing we can summon is probably imps, rats, or maybe stray dogs if we are lucky.

a happy Runescaper

You know there's an easy way to tell if summoning will be F2P or not. Just kill all the animals that have been dropping the new eggs in P2P. If they drop an egg, then chances are the skill will be F2P. If they don't, chances are it will be a P2P only skill.

After all I've never known a game to stop you becoming the maximum level because you don't pay.

wow

Care to elaborate?

Or do you just like to spam your post count up?

world of warcraft perhaps?

me - [0.02% of total / 0.62 posts per day]

you - [0.12% of total / 6.28 posts per day]

lol irony much?

He didn't say you post more than him, he said you spam :roll:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Max combat is 138 and it's P2P skill only, as I posted 3 weeks ago.

The problem is that it would make members chars weaker in f2p than f2p chars if it is purely p2p yet affects combat. I hope Jagex has taken this into consideration.

I agree, Jagex won't want to punish ex-members. Qeltar's solution is possible, but i see lots of glitches and confusion.

Completely agree. summoning would definitely disadvantage members in f2p.

I would very much like summoning to be part f2p even though im a member.

Hopefully they have already taken this into account. I'll laugh a lot if they haven't after taking one whole year to make this skill. You just never know with Jagex, they always have glitches and obvious oversights (ge with no bank pin, pohs with no bank pin) yet they say they test before they update. :-w

Before, when summoning appeared to be more skill related, I could see it definitely being P2P only. But now that it affects a core aspect of the game, i.e. combat, I don't know...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I highly doubt that summoning will also be released f2p. The last 4 skills released are not available to f2p and I don't think Jagex is ever going to release big updates to f2p, ever.

you see, we give them an inch, THEY TAKE A FREAKING MILE

we should have never given f2p anything. now they want summoning? yeah right

f2p got enough in 2 months to last them years. Imo, they shouldn't get anything.

Considering that the new eggs seem to be almost exclusively p2p, I seriously doubt that f2p can look forward to summoning next month.

f2p got enough in 2 months to last them years. Imo, they shouldn't get anything.

I would rather they keep their last 2 months' updates and just give me back the Wilderness.

I highly doubt that summoning will also be released f2p. The last 4 skills released are not available to f2p and I don't think Jagex is ever going to release big updates to f2p, ever.

YOU did not give f2p anything. Jagex did, and they obviously felt it was necessary to do so.

As I said before, I don't mind either way but in my opinion it could go either way. The fact that it affects combat as it does leads me to think that there may be a chance that some part of the skill may be f2p.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

1. You're right

2. Stop with the freakin' generalizations, and try reading the RSOF. There's at least 500k whiny little kids out there ranting about not having machine guns and complaining about every single update released

There was a saying around here, i think it goes "Give a p2per a dime, he takes your car, your house, your wallet, and everything you've ever encountered or interacted with in every way." Thing you're so high and might because your mommy pays $5/month? I've paid over $250 to Jagex over the years and I don't feel they owe me specialized updates. IMO< an update a week is too much, its made people complain on the odd chance there isn't one, and has produced a sense of entitlement. P2p and F2p aren't different races. Originally there was only f2p, and you think you're so much better than those who stuck with the original? Run back to the RSOF and your mom, they'll take care of you.

PS-Not referring to you specifically.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I've never known a game with an unlimited free trial. Point is Runecape is a bit different from other MMOs

unlimited free trial = f2p..

just to let you know and heres one

maplestory

google it

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

i think it might be f2p otherwise f2p will rant about the cb an personally i wouldnt blame them. as for hunter link, its like wc and fletch. woodcutting is F2P and priviodes a P2P skill or Wizard robes (t)-(g) ther f2p obtained yet wearable in F2P so i think they will have limitations on summoning but will have the skill.

Popoto.~<3

this topic has gone on for 9 pages now, and could go on all the way until january when summoning comes. some exceltent points were made on both sides of the issue. but i think i have found a middle ground that we cann all agree is much simpler, wait for the update! argue all you please, but is there a need to flame? be at peace with one another and enjoy the holidays till january. then is the best time to debate.

epicfailsig.jpg

mr_rogers108.png

Personally I hope that this is for both f2p abd p2p.......

And just like training prayer for F2P,jagex can add more features to the member.i dont see Y this isnt partly for non-members since it certainly will affect player's cb lvl.

And about the 'whether an F2P deserves an update or not' thing...........Really,you can't get much in F2P,so it is not if we deserve it,it is if Jagex can make a profit by adding new features to the game that counts.

115.jpg

I think it would be in there best interest to not make it F2P would be nice to only have members with max CB as we do pay for these extras.

IMO its going to be something like prayer - they can make it F2P but lets say (like melee and range) you can benefit only till 40th lvl :

runite(40th)

green d'hide(40th)

the max prayer is 43th

so why not summoning till 40th ?.

and it will be kinda better for members ... if mining/smithing = hunter/summoning , members are going to make alot of money since hunter is p2p skill ... *if you get my idea ..

wow

Care to elaborate?

lol irony much?

And he was saying it was ironic as the other guy posts almost 6 times more a day.

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

I have over 8 post/day, does that mean I'm a massive spammer? High post count does not always equal spamming, as bad spammers almsot always get banned.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

wow

Care to elaborate?

lol irony much?

And he was saying it was ironic as the other guy posts almost 6 times more a day.

Please stop the flaming war, it has pathetic statements defending it so it will crumble right now.

Quality > Quantity.

The number of posts of someone doesn't reflect their IQ or mental attitude, it's just a reference about the activity of an individual in a forum, for example I will take myself, I'm a lurker, I do not post very frequently but I read many posts in this forum everyday! And because I do not post everyday, that doesn't means that I'm a mentally delayed human, so you can't judge someone's mental capacities by checking his post count, perhaps by searching and reading all its posts (a very tedious task).

Now, let's get on topic:

I'm tend to be some months F2P and some other P2P, so I have experience in this god-damned war.

There is a factor that none of you has taken already if the F2P doesn't get summoning:

A f2p level 90 will be able to beat every day a p2p level 90*

Why?

Because I'm sure that is summoning is p2p, you can't use their advantages in f2p servers, because there would be players that subscribe only for a couple of months to get a high level of summoning and then unsubscribe, by this way they could use summoning not needing to be p2p so it's a big NO-NO. Also, remember that the p2p items doesn't work in f2p, if summoning is p2p, it will not have functions in f2p (you can't use cats in f2p even if you're member).

Also, a level 90 f2p who made its level by training strenght, attack, defence and prayer will be more powerful than the p2p that is level 90 because he trained attack, defence, strenght, prayer AND summoning (a waste of skill in f2p). This will generate "fake" combat levels like the "fake" total levels when construction came out, remember the people saying "I have a total level of 935 without hunter"?

For these reasons, I thik summoning will be definitively f2p, also, remember that when JaGex introduces a skill, gives more bankspace to the affected parts, this time they gave to the f2p bank space.

*The both levels 90 in the example are not pures lol

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

wow

Care to elaborate?

lol irony much?

Please stop the flaming war, it has pathetic statements defending it so it will crumble right now.

Quality > Quantity.

The number of posts of someone doesn't reflect their IQ or mental attitude, it's just a reference about the activity of an individual in a forum, for example I will take myself, I'm a lurker, I do not post very frequently but I read many posts in this forum everyday! And because I do not post everyday, that doesn't means that I'm a mentally delayed human, so you can't judge someone's mental capacities by checking his post count, perhaps by searching and reading all its posts (a very tedious task).

Now, let's get on topic:

I'm tend to be some months F2P and some other P2P, so I have experience in this god-damned war.

There is a factor that none of you has taken already if the F2P doesn't get summoning:

Why?

Because I'm sure that is summoning is p2p, you can't use their advantages in f2p servers, because there would be players that subscribe only for a couple of months to get a high level of summoning and then unsubscribe, by this way they could use summoning not needing to be p2p so it's a big NO-NO. Also, remember that the p2p items doesn't work in f2p, if summoning is p2p, it will not have functions in f2p (you can't use cats in f2p even if you're member).

Also, a level 90 f2p who made its level by training strenght, attack, defence and prayer will be more powerful than the p2p that is level 90 because he trained attack, defence, strenght, prayer AND summoning (a waste of skill in f2p). This will generate "fake" combat levels like the "fake" total levels when construction came out, remember the people saying "I have a total level of 935 without hunter"?

For these reasons, I thik summoning will be definitively f2p, also, remember that when JaGex introduces a skill, gives more bankspace to the affected parts, this time they gave to the f2p bank space.

Considering that members already have advantages such as AGILITY and PEST CONTROL over free players, I think it better that summoning be made p2p and not usable in f2p. Of course, with a measure like that in place, Jagex will probably simply not include summoning in a person's combat level if they go to an f2p server.

wow

Care to elaborate?

lol irony much?

Quality > Quantity.

Now, let's get on topic:

Why?

Considering that members already have advantages such as AGILITY and PEST CONTROL over free players, I think it better that summoning be made p2p and not usable in f2p. Of course, with a measure like that in place, Jagex will probably simply not include summoning in a person's combat level if they go to an f2p server.

That would be a mess, I don't think JaGex will do that.

Off-topic: I love these pyramids of quotes!

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

My opinion:

There is a chance that F2pers get PART OF the summoning skill:

Reasons:

1.- Because a battle between a F2per and a P2p who levels summoning will be kinda, unfair.

2.-Just see some skills like Prayer, Firemaking, Smithing, Magic, Runecrafting.

3.-It could be teaser for F2pers to join Members so they can use the whole summoning skill.

4.-What about a member that becomes a F2p at combat level 127+ ? Peeps following him and asking stupid questions.

I feel that it will only be P2P for pretty much every reason that everyone else stated. I have nothing against a f2p person, I just feel that my 5 dollars should go to the updates for me. Giving a F2P new updates shows them "Wow they will update and give us new skills just for logging in and looking at an advert on their site"....."why should I go p2p if I get a new skill to play around with every year or so" Like it or not, I do want my money to go towards p2p updates. F2p should get something every couple of months just to keep them biting, but shouldn't get a whole new skill.

F2p should get something every couple of months just to keep them biting, but shouldn't get a whole new skill.

Since the stronghold of security, the only true updates F2P has gotten are the 8 bankspaces and the team capes.

Something eated my sig.