Summoning F2P?

Benoit4whc

Not to interrupt the current friendly debate, but I thought I'd issue my opinion of "I don't care if f2p gets it or not." Personally, I think a similar extension of summoning such as crafting is (limited ability/skills, but still usefulness) may be developed, but purely this is just speculation.

What I do care about is if this expansion of pixels is going to lag the system...anyone with expertise in this area?

Off Topic, if cats chase mice, can I get my dog to chase Postal Pete?

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for reading.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats this got to do with me?

I wasn't saying anything about you personally. There are, however, a LOT of F2Pers who go on about what's "fair" and how they "deserve" updates and so forth. And that's a load of whiny, ungrateful BS that annoys me.

And last but not least, do you see some sort of difference between people who whine for free, and people who pay to whine?

Do you see a difference between someone who pays $30 a month for cable TV service and complains about the picture quality, and someone who gets it for free and complains about the picture quality?

Do you see a difference between someone who pays for a meal at a restaurant and then complains that the quality of the food isn't up to snuff, and someone who complains after getting a free meal?

If you DON'T see these differences then you have bought into the entitlement mentality.

And another thing. You think we care that p2p'ers consider us freeloaders. But we are content people, most of us anyway.

Of course you're content.. you're freeloading! LOL. Yet some can't even be happy with that, they have to complain that they don't "get enough updates".

And another thing again, what do you know of which money is used for development. Kindly show some form of evidence, you being Truthscape, of which funds are used for game development.

Jagex has said repeatedly that the ads from F2P barely cover the cost of running the F2P servers -- if at all. I run websites and I know how pathetic ad revenues are. Pretty much ALL development is paid for by members.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

So you see alot of f2p'ers complain, however you don't see them complaining about irrelevant issues, such as staking being taken away from stakers, since they aren't p2p. So what you see them complaining about is of relevance to the free game they are playing.

Ungrateful you might say, but most who remain active will at some point get p2p, go ahead, get some statistics.

Once again you go compare IRL issues with RS issues, you should learn to keep both seperated, as you can in no way compare the two, including the price range.

You should also know, and I'm assuming you're human. That its human nature to complain. The difference is that f2p'ers leave it at that, and will learn at some point that they have to PAY, to improve their gaming.

whilst members when facing a problem demand the same, and keep on demanding. when their cry is unanswered they turn to spamming customer support in the faith that they are paying customers and deserve to be treated with respect! pay me $5 a month and we'll see how much respect I think you deserve for your money, not that one deserves none, but expecting this and that is ludicrous, one should be satisfied to be able to play on a banner-free browser in a game that gets updates pretty much on a weekly basis.....

yes of course im content. and id rather be content than become a member than start turning into a prissy little queen, who thinks 5 bucks should be me every update i deem fit. notice that im generalizing,i know there are many members with respectable opinions, and you should know that there are many f2p'ers whom you will find agreeable, if you remove the p2p mental block you've attained during ur membership period.

Okay, I trust you on the last note, that Jagex barely makes the servers go around with advertising banners. But it doesn't lead me to believe, opposite many p2p'ers , probably including yourself, that f2p is entitled to ZIP ZERO ZILCH. After all, f2p is in itself an indirect source of company income, i trust I don't need to explain how.

Now if we count the updates given to f2p and p2p since the day p2p launched, I'm sure you'll find that f2p is highly under-represented in updates. I could probably count them all on two hands, and I'll do that if you think its necessary.

So you see alot of f2p'ers complain, however you don't see them complaining about irrelevant issues, such as staking being taken away from stakers, since they aren't p2p. So what you see them complaining about is of relevance to the free game they are playing.

It doesn't MATTER what the relevance is. When you get something for free, it's certainly reasonable to provide feedback or make requests.. but to whine and moan and make demands? No way.

Ungrateful you might say, but most who remain active will at some point get p2p, go ahead, get some statistics.

Well sure, why do you think Jagex has F2P at all? But most games have limits on free play.

I remember when the achievement capes came out..and quite a few F2Pers started moaning that they "deserved" the capes, because of all their "hundreds of hours of hard work" and how it was "harder to get to 99 in F2P". Apparently it never dawned on them that those hundreds of hours were all spent freeloading on the backs of Jagex and the members who pay for the development of features like achievement capes?

Once again you go compare IRL issues with RS issues, you should learn to keep both seperated, as you can in no way compare the two, including the price range.

That's a load of bull. This IS a "real life issue" in that we are talking about real life payment of real money to cover the cost of real programmers doing real work. The analogies are entirely relevant.

id rather be content than become a member than start turning into a prissy little queen, who thinks 5 bucks should be me every update i deem fit. notice that im generalizing,i know there are many members with respectable opinions, and you should know that there are many f2p'ers whom you will find agreeable, if you remove the p2p mental block you've attained during ur membership period.

My membership period started the day after I signed up.

You seem to be the one with the mental block here. You're describing a small minority of members and you know it. And I have no problem with F2P players UNTIL they start acting like anyone owes them anything.

But it doesn't lead me to believe, opposite many p2p'ers , probably including yourself, that f2p is entitled to ZIP ZERO ZILCH.

Well, they are. ZIP ZERO ZILCH. Nada. Nothing.

You are getting a free game for UNLIMITED use by the good graces of Jagex. All you are entitled to is to express your thanks and gratitude.

Now if we count the updates given to f2p and p2p since the day p2p launched, I'm sure you'll find that f2p is highly under-represented in updates.

As well they should be. They've gotten a lot more than they've paid for.

Edit: BBC3's opinions below are an example of an attitude I do NOT hold, for the record.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

3 hit u is right as always.

also fook a ji stop complaining, if you want to experience summoning so bad then pay $5, you have no purpose on this game f2p garbage, your opinions dont even matter since you cant even support the game.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

also fook a ji stop complaining, if you want to experience summoning so bad then pay $5, you have no purpose on this game f2p garbage, your opinions dont even matter since you cant even support the game.

Learn to read, or read a whole text completely before saying I'm complaining, you illiterate fool.

I'm talking about dimwits like yourself, who think you're something better for having your mom pay $5 a month.

Call me a freeloader or f2p garbage, I'm not the one paying money to click a mouse. Nor do I complain when the game is altered in any way.

Edit to qeltar: you have some real good arguements in your last post, I'm forced to leave, and I'm sure we can continue this discussion for pages and hours. pm me your arguements if you wish to continue, I don't reckon I'll remember this post when i come back later.

Qeltar those advertise on your site may not bring in a lot of cash but your not a company with millions of visitors on its website... they pay more for something like this then they do for your small (lets just keep it by small) personal website keep that in mind... After that being said I would like to say there are way more good "freeloaders" then you think, if jagex made it possible for me to tell them suggestions for future updates I would even suggest more adds if they would use the money to let RuneScape grow faster, but they don't give me the chance to tell them that. Now lets talk about Summoning, Jagex told us that it would slow down the game if the summon would walk all day long next to you, I think they will reduce the maximum amount of players in each world to 1500 to make the servers cabable so players can summon those summons. About summoning being F2P, I would love to summon on F2P but the chance will be small.

Learn to read, or read a whole text completely before saying I'm complaining, you illiterate fool.

I'm talking about dimwits like yourself, who think you're something better for having your mom pay $5 a month.

Call me a freeloader or f2p garbage, I'm not the one paying money to click a mouse. Nor do I complain when the game is altered in any way.

i havnt seen my mom in about 3 years since i moved into my new house lol anyway hows the f2p life? tell me when your summoning lvl is lvl 2 :thumbsup:

Bbc_3.gif

This F2P garbage is getting your yew logs and your steel bars... for your cannon bals and your yew long bows.

Probably make it partially f2p. They can cash in from this and they need new members badly to replace those who have left recently. Members continue to pay to get member benefits from summoning, while non existant players join f2p who might become members later.

Btw on the day of release my combat level from 102 will probably rise for the first time in 3 years lol. =S 103 is so ugly a number.. I will have to train it again but combat so boring. =/ Nvm lol.. :XD:

i havnt seen my mom in about 3 years since i moved into my new house lol anyway hows the f2p life? tell me when your summoning lvl is lvl 2 :thumbsup:

It's a shame to see a high lvl with such bad grammer, spelling and attitude.

On topic: I really wish I hadn't cancelled my membership (unless summoning is f2p of course.)

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

You obviously haven't understood that I don't care if summoning is p2p only, you obviously do.

The only advantage I now have is you get to look like a complete idiot if I get level 2 summoning on f2p.

This F2P garbage is getting your yew logs and your steel bars... for your cannon bals and your yew long bows.

lol?

i stopped fletching a year ago, only got it up to prove some lvl 99 fletching noob that it was easy to get.

and i stopped smithing 4 months ago, i dont plan on training fletching or smithing in about 5 years.

It's a shame to see a high lvl with such bad grammer, spelling and attitude.

On topic: I really wish I hadn't cancelled my membership (unless summoning is f2p of course.)

you spelt grammar wrong btw.

my grammar is perfect and spelling is perfect, i dont care about punctuation.

and i dont care about my attitude over the internet.

Bbc_3.gif

And when has f2p gotten an update that was not available to members? Never, and we don't deserve one. Limiting updates to only p2p servers costs Jagex money as they need to hire someone to input the locks that block members only objects and areas on f2p servers. For all I care, we could not get it, or it could be severely restricted like runecrafting. Also, ex-p2p'ers on f2p servers will have an advantage in pvm(less agression)and a weakness in pvp(Bounty Hunter). Thusfar, Jagex has carefully avoided this, keeping members on f2p servers equal to pure free players.

PS-Ive paid 250+ Canadian to Jagex, I'm not a free loader.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

well, It doesnt really matter. the members will even be in a disadvantage, especially when they are in a F2P world. ask this: is level 138 stronger in f2p than 126?

no: you're right!

yes: explain yourself =P~

arguments about the wilderness dont work, because bounty hunters and clanwars dotn care about levels. (not counting the split in levels for BH.)

Fighterman_X.png

It seems very likely that summoning will be a F2P skill. In fact, I am 99% sure that it will be F2P. The only difference is that I believe it will be extremely slow or expensive to level on F2P. Something similar to levelling prayer on F2P. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Stop spewing crap out of that moral cesspit that you call a mouth, and don't talk to people that way, you spoiled little brat. I know people in F2P that are fifteen times more decent than you and don't attack someone for no good reason, including Fook. I bet Fook is better than you at this game and at his life and one sign is that he doesn't label people garbage because they do/don't pay $5 a month to a multimillion dollar company. STFU, go confess your sins, and think before you act.

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

I sure hope not, they've already gave too much to F2P recently, who deserve nothing. <.<

Deserve and deserve...I don't think the people in the Jagex tower goes around thinking ..."What does F2p deserve and what do they not deserve?" It's more like, "What is needed to add to F2p so we can get more members?"

Don't look at F2p'ers and P2p'ers as 2 different races because it's a game and Jagex is the owner, the decision maker, the mighty god of RuneScape and the company that have a goal to keep their game alive, please their costumers and make a profit of their work.

No matter what you call F2p'ers, Freeloaders, F2p garbage, leechers, whiners etc. It won't change Jagex decision to update F2p or not update. Calling us bad names simply makes you look like an idiot infront of other people.

Deserve? It's not like you work to make the game better, you simply pay to play the whole game. I am gratefull to what I get and so should everyone else be whether they pay or not and everyone should have the right to complain whether they pay or not after all without some critizism Jagex wouldn't be able to fix what's wrong.

the other updates were to give you a taste, by giving you useless aspects of runecraft and letting you only have rune ess and not pure ess, and not even giving you the ability to touch nats or laws, and pretty much limit you from everything else in every skill.

Your an idiot, pure essence was introduced to stop autoers numb nuts.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Regarding the whole Fook-A-Ji, BBC3, and Qeltar debate...lay off each other! All of you make valid points but lets just put two and two together. Yes F2pers enjoy many freebies and Jagex has my ultimate gratitude because of it. As F2pers we should not bite the hand that feeds us and appreciate the awesome game we are getting for free. It gives me a good feeling that Jagex cares for us in that respect!

However, just because members pay a fee it does not give them a certain entitlement. It does not mean you are of higher status than an F2per and you certainly are not being dubbed knights by the queen of England. It just means you are a paying for more features in the game not for a higher rank in the RuneScape community :roll:.

Anyways, as far as summoning, there is an extremely rare chance that a slim few features of it may be F2p...but I doubt it. This certainly is shaping up to be a P2p skill (the Yanille Pet Shop being most evident of that). Also, have any of the summoning eggs that have been hidden indications of the skill ever been found in F2p? That also might be another pointer that the skill will be 100% P2p. But it does not bother me as an F2per. It just gives me more skills to oogle over and consider working on if I ever become P2p. All in all, I don't think you need to be F2p or P2p to realise that this will be an awesome update :thumbsup:.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).