2 weeks after.....

bobbas7

I feel.. great? The updates, in my opinion, were for the best. Sure I'll miss pking, but when the 1 vs. 1 Bounty Hunter (or whatever they call it) is released, I'll be happy. The updates were the lesser of two evils.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like someone who has been eating too much candy... Lol, you asked. It doesn't bother me anymore.

After watching Death Note, people tend to become emo/gothic or addict to the candy...

I know JaGex did it for good, actually it's good, but I still dislike many aspects of Bounty Hunter, like the almost impossible solo-pk and that it can be played only in certain worlds. Also I hate those wandering spirits in wilderness, they don't let me to buy the clan capes.

However, JaGex did a lot of good with this update.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

Well, ever since they started to ruin RS, I've quit, and I must say, that was the wisest choice I EVER made! So much more time to spend with friends now! Otherwise all the time would be spent training, but now.. Well, lets just say, without RuinedScape life is much better :)

Profins.png

specty.png

My biggest concern was the 3k limit.

I don't mind as much after hearing that they're extending it to 30k for players who've completed all the quests.

I'll miss giving law runes and other stuff to my friends though. =\

The OoC: Order of Cabbage. Guardians of 3,600,000+ Cabbages! That a lotta cabbage!

----

Quest Cape: 249 QP || Skill Total: 1623+ || 88/91 Thieving ||

ysigfo7.png

RuneScape got boring.

I skilled to make money, so that i could pk and have fun.

I hope summoning is good enough to bring back the fun. I doubt the 1 on 1 will be any good...probably be like BH, but 1 on 1.

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

Hi, just wondering how you feel 2 weeks after the infamous 10 december updates.

I'm over it, it will not come back <.<

So how do you feel about it?

*edit* And merry christmas too :D

I still do feel sad and regret for all those who've lost a big part of their game-play.

Contrary to all the spam and flame we saw on the ORSF, I don't believe most good PKers were involved in that. They had a right to be upset. However, their cause was only damaged by all those who thought being reactionary was the solution; as it turns out it simply ensured no feedback was given during the storm, and few if any of the actual flaws (that I do feel are there) have received the attention required to identify and possibly get fixes for them.

The result has been that a lot of good feedback about problems was lost amid the spam & flame.

At the same time I do realise that for a number of reasons there updates were necessary, in order to combat some serious threats to the game's long term survival. Large scale fraud/hacking/identity theft by RWTers and the clear and substantial trend that bots were indeed increasing at such a rate that their numbers could seriously damage the game for the majority of players and threaten the viability of RuneScape itself. This meant something serious needed to be done.

As Jagex stated in it's Development Diaries, "RuneScape vs. Real-world Trading" it had already taken on board nearly all suggestions that were possible to be implemented, including recruiting all the Player & Forum Mods in bot-busting teams. These teams would go in game several times a week and actively identify and report large numbers of bots. It was largely after these organised raids, that players saw the temporary reductions during the last year at various spots in Members' worlds.

It was clear to both Jagex and it's volunteer moderator teams though that despite continual upgrades to it's automated detection & removal systems, and large-scale manual removal patrols, they were merely holding back an oncoming tide. RWTers operated with low or near zero operating costs; that needed to change. While as some have pointed out illegal exchanges might be possible, these updates basically made it unprofitable for those whose methods depended upon large numbers of disposable accounts. Thankfully it seems they won't be returning to the game.

I personally do miss the old features, and am saddened to hear the anger and frustration expressed by quite a number of fellow players at these changes. However, I also do see it was these changes now or else likely within a year we'd be faced with a game that was seriously red-lining servers, with most staff being diverted to combating these issues, no updates, and ongoing and massive fraud resulting in fewer and fewer payment methods. The recipe was there for immanent disaster.

Faced with that choice, I realise, though unhappy with these changes, we still at least have a game to play, even if parts of it have forever changed and become virtually unrecognisable.

Hopefully after these changes are made, and feedback can once again be given, players can advocate for reasonable changes while not allowing mass RWT back into the game. For that reason it's high time players now take control of the discussions, especially those who wish to suggest reasonable changes and improvements.

I do agree Jagex will need to give in some areas, in terms the privilege of trading/staking and engaging in more varieties risky PvP (in possible new Members' only features), which will hopefully give back some of things that were taken by these updates.

Regards,

Fey.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg

I feel like someone who has been eating too much candy... Lol, you asked. It doesn't bother me anymore.

After watching Death Note, people tend to become emo/gothic or addict to the candy...

what a weird [wagon] thing to say...

This update only annoys me because it shows the total lack of respect for customers that Jagex has....

care to explain how they disrespected their customers?

Actually,i dont really hate this update like other ppl do,considering i am not a pker and i am not a merchanter.

But i would really appreciate it if Jagex can fix the wildy(im not demanding for the original one,but at least Jagex can change it a little bit and let it be more fun,right?) :P

I barely ever PKed, staked or merchanted, but these updates made me quit.

I stil dwell in these forums though. The staking update hit me worst though, because then i knew i could never be more than an average joe, earning average wages. The only way i could ever get better than anyoe else would be to play for hours and hours a day, but never actually surpass many people still.

All oppurtunities to go from rich to poor or poor to rich are gone. I wil never have a chance of being anywhere near the best, so i quit. THe community is 'clogged', nobody can become (relatively) better than anyone else. Tis not good. I don't pay to be the same as everyone else, i pay to be better. <.<

The point of the game isn't to be the best, but to have fun.

--

I don't hate the updates, but I hope that Jagex'll raise the trade and stake cap above 30k when it comes out in January.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I actually got membership for the first time since September. I've only played like 2 hours total in 5 days though, so I'll probably leave for good unless summoning is awesome. RS sure is more boring without pk'ing. We'll have to wait to see how big the trade limits impact the game.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Actually,i dont really hate this update like other ppl do,considering i am not a pker and i am not a merchanter.

But i would really appreciate it if Jagex can fix the wildy(im not demanding for the original one,but at least Jagex can change it a little bit and let it be more fun,right?) :P

I stil dwell in these forums though. The staking update hit me worst though, because then i knew i could never be more than an average joe, earning average wages. The only way i could ever get better than anyoe else would be to play for hours and hours a day, but never actually surpass many people still.

All oppurtunities to go from rich to poor or poor to rich are gone. I wil never have a chance of being anywhere near the best, so i quit. THe community is 'clogged', nobody can become (relatively) better than anyone else. Tis not good. I don't pay to be the same as everyone else, i pay to be better. <.<

The point of the game isn't to be the best, but to have fun.

But it's fun to be the best -.-

I quit and dwell in the forums as well! Though the updates didn't affect me, it made me think: whose next? Plus, now it's just a massive grind.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm not a pker, and I find revenant hunting very good, I don't stake much. Basically, the updates hardly even affect me negatively, they just ad to the activities I can do in the game. Now I can kill green dragons in the wild with less fear and I can bring all my equipment, not just plates legs and weapon.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.