Would jagex ever make runescape full screen?

blink182rocker

After watching any other computer game, like Wow or any sort of shooter online game, it makes me wonder if jagex would ever make a full screen game, with a sky and a view that stretches out. if it costed more money would you pay the extra $10 a month to play? This would make the game more enjoyable and exciting i believe and it would bring more poeple to the game, not only little kids but older teenagers like most of wow

blink182_f55.png

99/99 fming! 1850th to 99 firemaking 4,27,07

So what would be the point of having it in full screen?

Shouldn't suggest purposeless stuff :P

Besides, it is still supposed to be played in a browser and not as a standalone

It would make the game look a lot better than it is right now.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I believe the RS game screen is big enough. Why would you want it to be full screen? It's absolutely pointless! Plus 70% of players would die of boredom within the first couple of weeks after doing some power-leveling or something. Do you really want to be able to do nothing else while playing Runescape, except watch your character while he's woodcutting yews for three hours?!

The advantage that Runescape has over other games is that you can do other things on the computer while playing. You can use Tip.It forums, you can talk with your friends that don't play Runescape via MSN, etc...

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

What we need is a mode that goes beyond High Detail and lets us choose the resolution we want RuneScape rendered in. I understand that part of what makes the game so robust is the ability to run it fine on older computers, but the ability to run it and make it look better on higher-end computers would also be nice.

I really would like the game to be bigger, not necessarily full screen though. It was fine until I got my laptop, now it is little tiny.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Its not going to be full screen but tehir is one thing which makes me believe that their poised to up the resolution.

If you try you can click on the minimap underneath the dragon things which means that mean stheir is still a lot of that minimap disguised.The interface update with bigger chat windows and invent size.

Also the specs to play the game are super low.Ive never heard or come accross a pc that had lower specs tahn taht so an upping of the specs wouldnt necessarily mean that less people could play and a higher resolution would make graphics better and usability easier.

not full screen but i can see a bigger resolution coming.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I wouldn't mind a resolution upgrade, as long as they kept 800 x 600 around as an option.

I usually do 2 things at once, and my monitor is 1400 pixels wide, and it's nice to run RS and TV side-by-side.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Its not going to be full screen but tehir is one thing which makes me believe that their poised to up the resolution.

If you try you can click on the minimap underneath the dragon things which means that mean stheir is still a lot of that minimap disguised.The interface update with bigger chat windows and invent size.

Also the specs to play the game are super low.Ive never heard or come accross a pc that had lower specs tahn taht so an upping of the specs wouldnt necessarily mean that less people could play and a higher resolution would make graphics better and usability easier.

not full screen but i can see a bigger resolution coming.

You'd be surprised how many people barely meet the specs, there are a lot of older computers around and just because you personally don't know anyone with one doesn't mean there aren't any. I know someone who passes the specs, only just though and they still have 56k internet.

If it was optional, I would not pay an extra $10 to see the sky.

I do not believe Jagex would come out with this, because there are many older computers that it simply would not work efficiently for.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

What we need is a mode that goes beyond High Detail and lets us choose the resolution we want RuneScape rendered in. I understand that part of what makes the game so robust is the ability to run it fine on older computers, but the ability to run it and make it look better on higher-end computers would also be nice.

Yes, i think we all would like improved graphics. The point is that remaking most of the game would cost a lot. Jagex would have to get the funds somewhere, that means us, players. Raising prices for membership from $5 to -lets say- $8 a month would be sufficient. There is however a problem. RuneScape is mainly a game for kids\young teenages. Not every kid is able to pay $8, or at least the parents will think it's not worth spending that money to a game. This might not stop current young members of RuneScape, but it could decrease the amount of new members joining RuneScape heavily. Not to mention RuneScape position on the Mmorpg-market.

My best guess is that Jagex will wait a while untill they reach the limits of possibilities of the current game(RS2) and have enough member subscriptions (let's say 2,5m).

~Zellaz

Member.png

It would take way too much effort, redoing all the textures and eeeverything, otherwise it would just look like you're playing in a lower resolution.

Besides, one of runescapes mega mega plus points is it's very easy to multitask with.

I imagine if they ever made an rs3 it would be fullscreen, and 3d with first person view support, but to be honest i like rs as it is. Graphics arn't everything :P or even much really, outside of games where realism is important.

So what would be the point of having it in full screen?

Shouldn't suggest purposeless stuff :P

Besides, it is still supposed to be played in a browser and not as a standalone

It would make the game look a lot better than it is right now.

I don't think so ... :s Not with the detail which jagex makes their low polygon objects with anyway.

This has been discussed many times and is very simple to do.

Follow these steps:

Start

Control panel

Display (If it isn't there then look at top left and click Switch to Classic View)

Then click on Settings

There will be something that says Screen resolution

Change it to 800x600 pixels and press OK