Which Godsword?

Erichermit

Well, I'm not much in the way of money, but I love to KQ slay. Choosing the most effective KQ slaying equipment would be to my advantage. Some of you may know of the Black Mask + Slayer task method. I find the damage bonus of a black mask to be very helpful on a monster such as her and the ability to hit through prayer seems to render Veracs pointless. I can wait for Kalphite Tasks to do my soloing if I have to, I dont mind.

I have heard that a Godsword would be a much more effective soloing device than Whip + Crystal Shield. Unfortunately, Godswords are ridiculously expensive.

I have narrowed my possibilities to two obvious choices: The "cheap" Zamorak GS at "only" ~25 mil or the more expensive Bandos GS at 45 mil.

Moneymaking isnt especially easy for me, but I'll post my stats here:

Erichermit.gif

This should more or less give you an idea of what my moneymaking abilities are. Im not exactly sure what my ideal moneymaking method is, however.

Basically, Zamorak and Bandos GS are essentially the same, except for the special attack. I figure Zamorak may be ideal for me for the price and maybe using my dds specials in place would prove useful to get the Queen poisoned.

However, Bandos apparently has a powerful special attack.

Which sword is ideal for me, for the KQ? Bandos or Zamorak?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Hmm

First off, i haven't ever owned a GS, nor will i ever, but i've read enough on them to give my opinion.

Honestly, i wouldn't bother.

However if you're really set on getting one, i'd rc a zammy godsword, kq with it using mace for spec, and if you decide you want a better one use your drag drops to save for a better godsword.

My 2c, might want to wait for a reply from somebody with actual experience though.

I'd suggest BGS

moneymaking:

-barrow trips (recommend)

- red chins

Or try to beat bandos with a team

Hmm, I've done quite a few barrows trips before. So that is a real possibility.

Why do you suggest the Bandos though, is the spec really worth the extra 20 mil?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I'd suggest BGS

moneymaking:

-barrow trips (recommend)

- red chins

Or try to beat bandos with a team

Hmm, I've done quite a few barrows trips before. So that is a real possibility.

Why do you suggest the Bandos though, is the spec really worth the extra 20 mil?

Yes it, let's compare the special attacks of BGS and ZGS

Bandos: Warstrike Attack. Drains your opponent's combat statistics by the damage hit.

Zammy: Ice Cleave. Freezes your opponent for 20 seconds, but they can still attack. 60% Special bar drain

00000000000000000000000ub8.jpg

The difference in price between a ZGS and BGS is no where near 20m. It's more like 2m at most currently.

A BGS is around 42m, while a ZGS is around 40m (not 25m).

You were probably thinking of a Saradomin Sword which is probably closer to 21m.

icecube7.jpeg

The difference in price between a ZGS and BGS is no where near 20m. It's more like 2m at most currently.

You were probably thinking of a Saradomin Sword which is probably closer to 21m.

According to the Grand Exchange, BGS is ~45 mil, Sara is ~115 mil, and Zammy is ~25mil.

I think maybe I made a mistake, if Sara is that cheap thats the sword I actually want most but figured 115mil would be way too high

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

According to the Grand Exchange, BGS is ~45 mil, Sara is ~115 mil, and Zammy is ~25mil.

I think maybe I made a mistake, if Sara is that cheap thats the sword I actually want most but figured 115mil would be way too high

SS= Saradomin sword

SGS=Saradomin Godsword

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Ah, GE. Many prices there are inaccurate and don't really reflect the market price.

Always use W2 or forums to check (or double check) your prices.

icecube7.jpeg

Put it this way, you need at least 40 mil for a godsword

sig.gif

slightly off-topic: i've used bgs but not zgs and our stats arent too far off. my opinion is that its a waste of a full bar of spec to use bgs spec on kq. the hit probability over spec energy usage isnt really worth it. d mace, or maybe even d hally would be better. however, i did use bgs spec since i wanted to save inventory spot for an extra food. to me that's fair trade-off.

on topic: stick with bgs. worth the extra 3-5mil (i think) in price difference.

I suppose I see that the Bandos Godsword is the best use.

Now, Ive heard several thoughts for making money.

So far Runecrafting, Barrows, and Chinchompas seems to best choices, I could also fish shark though. How do you think I should make this 45 mil?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I suppose I see that the Bandos Godsword is the best use.

Now, Ive heard several thoughts for making money.

So far Runecrafting, Barrows, and Chinchompas seems to best choices, I could also fish shark though. How do you think I should make this 45 mil?

Rc > chins > fishing

Fishing isn't good money with current market prices. Even though rc profit has been severely reduced, it's still some of the best out there. I'm not sure how profitable chins are atm, but to be honest i'd do a bit of both. Rc till you get sick of it, then do chins till you're bored, then rc. It always helps to do it like that.

Also consider barrows, i hear it's becoming more and more profitable.

According to the Grand Exchange

stop there, theres your first mistake. alot of prices on ge are way off, especially for godswords.

i just bought my bgs yesterday, if ur patient u can probably find one for 41m. and bgs is only 500k-1m more expensive than zgs, and zgs's special is pretty useless tbh. so bgs is definitely worth it.

allbot.gif

allbot.png

allbot.png

I was thinking about killing Mithril Dragons for cash. Does seem profitable for my level?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I was thinking about killing Mithril Dragons for cash. Does seem profitable for my level?

Honestly Mith Dragons are bad money makers. Unless you get lucky they only have really 3 profitable drops.

- chewed bones are nice to have but the drops you get from it are random. I've gotten 9 death runes before...

- ancient pages are a valued drop but not profitable.

- then the only other 2 profitable drops are DFH and Vissages.

---------

I would suggest barrows for a GS. Barrows prices have risen slightly, especially guthans. When u get tired of barrows then RC like I am. I'd suggest deaths or laws.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I would highly suggest Bandos.

I was actually lucky enough to do this very same thing recently, with black mask, kalphite assignment, and Bandos GS.

using the special attack off the bat is great, if you can hit a high hit with the spec, it cuts her defense tremendously

quite noticable for the rest of the fight

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Perhaps I wont kill Mithril Dragons unless I'm just going for fun then.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Idk why no one talks about making money with drag arrows and tips....I made 100m with that in no time....I bought drag arrow tips, feathers, shafts.....Then made arrows and sold them.

Outhit.png

Ranked as RS 3rd best Fogger of all times by Fog Elite, and is proud of it :)

99 fletching ftw 8-)

double post duh :P

~~~~~~~~~~

now d tips and arrows are worthless because of no pking, wonder what will happen when new pvp area is released...................

and maybe he doesn't have 92/94 fletching to make them

E:wooooo i'm varrock guard

VIX VIX VIX

Idk why no one talks about making money with drag arrows and tips....I made 100m with that in no time....I bought drag arrow tips, feathers, shafts.....Then made arrows and sold them.

I think you may be over exaggerating when you say 100m in no time. Considering you'd be buying d arrow tips in the teens to 20's per trade unless you get someone who has been saving up and has 100 or so. There arn't alot of dragon imps being caught either that I hear of. Yes there are "companies" where people have scouts but they catch about what 18-20 a week if they have good/lucky scouts. How many of those will be d arrow tips? 2 or 3?

Plus you make what about a 1k-2k profit per arrow? Thats 50k-100k arrows needed for 100m profit. Yea I don't see a fast way to buy 100k or even 50k d arrow tips.

I'd say hardly a "great" money maker. Maybe something to do in spare time but nothing more.

---------

Get a BGS it is your best bet against KQ. If you RC it will take awhile but its worth it.

You could also do DK trips.

A mixture of both is what I find to be suitable. I usually RC till I have to recharge my glories then do some kind of monster hunting for an hour then go back to RC'in. I usually do mith drags, yes I said they arn't profitable, but they are something to enjoy and really the only thing I can solo without risking death or having to learn something new.

Apparently, my signature was to big.