New Year's Resolutions! + What did you do for NYE?!

Gonna try to get less addicted to all forums i go on (about 6) and work out more.. Wich i will fail with.

(last years was getting a gf, well.. I tried, but it didn't really go the way i wanted. it's been 1ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý years ago now and i'm tired of it.)

tifsbti6oi.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Lose 1 stone before July (getting married)

Wait what - since when? :shock:

I think he mentioned it in the picture thread. At least I thought I saw it there.

Anyways I don't do resolutions, never have and never will.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Start fitness again. I need to lose that beer belly.

Hey, Dusqi is here. Happy new year boy!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Resolutions need to set a specific goal otherwise they're pointless. Don't say "do better in school", instead say "complete my math homework by the day it is set, don't cheat in tests any more, aim for a B".

I also recommend only setting really small and specific goals. I had much success giving up pizza and fizzy drinks in successive Lents. It's only a tiny thing, so it is achievable. Others might laugh at it when Lent started, but by the end of it they will have broken their self-promises and I was the only one who got anything out of it.

Can promise yourself a reward too. "Get a B in math and I'll buy myself... x".

Probably worth writing it down too, so that you have a real commitment made on paper.

Hehe. I was just posting my resolutions on another site, and I was going to say "keep up good grades" originally, but then for some reason stopped myself and realized it wasn't specific enough, and wrote instead "keep going to the library during my spare time, and finishing my work in time". Then I came to this thread on tip.it, and realized it was most definitely your influence that made me change. Sigh :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Hey, Dusqi is here. Happy new year boy!

Hey Daaaaaaaaaaan, happy new year to you too! I watched the roundup of Film 2007 with Jonathan Ross yesterday and thought of you. I aim to watch some non-hollywood movies :o)

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Be more social in public, I say it every year, but it never really happens.

Get a job that won't fire me for a bs reason(Got fired from my first job of the year for being unable to work on a Saturday because my grandfather was sick.

Second was because I wasn't learning the job fast enough when they would only have me go to work once every 2 weeks, the last month they didn't have me work at all, I tried to get more hours, but they never had any open.

And my last one fired me because I ignored an alarm that they told me to ignore and it ended up costing them money because it was someone breaking into the store.)

Get up the nerve to actually start going out on dates again.

And my last resolution is just to have a better year than 07 which, with how bad 07 was for me, probably shouldn't be too hard.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

Lol at all ya'll people making resolutions to get better grades.

Senioritis ftw :thumbsup: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

my main resolution is never drink alcohol again! haha the start of this year was really damn bad for me i woke up at 1 am in a hospital after passing out on the ground, supposedly i was given 9 beer bongs i only remember 2 so yeah no more parties and alcohol for me

kirby-sig.gif