~!~Runescape: Learning to Cope~!~

Wheaties

Heh, I've coped since the first of the "tough updates" came into play. I was virtually unaffected by the update and it gave me a new hobby: revenant killing. I always look for the good in updates and there has never been an update I was thoroughly against (maybe a small feature of an update I disliked, but there are no updates so far that I'd be willing to quit because of). Jagex promised they are working on a single pvp update, which could seriously help the people who complain bounty hunter favors teams and large clans.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think revenants should be left the way they are (down to the AI), and if people can't figure out how to trap them then they deserve to die.

To be honest, I hate people that think like that..

"If you can't do such as such you deserve such and such"

Say a new player is discovering the Wilderness, he hasn't been playing too long and is proudly wearing his new mithril armour. All of a sudden, without a warning on the mini-map, a lvl 100 revenant appears out of nowhere and KOs the poor unexperienced player before he has time to realize what has happened.

If that seems fair to you, then I don't know what to say. :boohoo:

That is why said new player should not have turned off the Doomsayer's Warnings... or at least have gone and deposit his stuff after the game specifically told him how dangerous it is

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

The wilderness with computer-controlled pkers is pointless, it's a waste and should be removed to a room with teleports to bounty hunter, clan wars, mage-arena, the magic-axe habitations, et cetera...

JaGex should remember than a MMORPG is meant to be played in the less possible individual form, because if I wnat to play myself with myself, I would preffer to save the 5$ at month and buy a console to play the Legend of Zelda 24/7.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world, a recreational hang-out that trasports us from the rutine of the real life to the awesome fantasy worlds of knights and proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

I think revenants should be left the way they are (down to the AI), and if people can't figure out how to trap them then they deserve to die.

Say a new player is discovering the Wilderness, he hasn't been playing too long and is proudly wearing his new mithril armour. All of a sudden, without a warning on the mini-map, a lvl 100 revenant appears out of nowhere and KOs the poor unexperienced player before he has time to realize what has happened.

If he was wearing mithril armor and can be attacked by a 100 revenant, all the better that he dies. Maybe he'll learn not to go to level eightysomething Wilderness, and furthermore to get armor that he SHOULD be wearing at his defence level.

I don't feel any sympathy for noobs who go into the wild not expecting to die.

:roll: Oh, yeah

The game will become a single player experience, which may be good or bad, depending on your opinion of the Runescape community.

Great Community it will be... of

single player(s)...

And...

JaGex should remember than a MMORPG is meant to be played in the less possible individual form, because if I wnat to play myself with myself, I would preffer to save the 5$ at month and buy a console to play the Legend of Zelda 24/7.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world, a recreational hang-out that trasports us from the rutine of the real life to the awesome fantasy worlds of knights and proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

And teaming, chatting, and otherwise being in a multi game.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

If you're lvl 60+ i'm sure you can easily buy a new set of full mithril :-k

Not like you'd protect most of it tbh

Ignoring the pointless flame war above me....

I'll tell you how Runescape players will have to cope: With the trade limit commencing in January, players will be forced to fall back on their skills as a source of income in stead of player interaction.

Think about it: No more begging, no more gifts, no more loaning of items.... It will be impossible for anybody to make money without earning it themselves.

The game will become a single player experience, which may be good or bad, depending on your opinion of the Runescape community.

^Thanks for posting something that isn't a flame lol. With your point it is a good and bad update.

Yeah Cube makes some good points.

Shots-Sig.jpg

I plead ignorance in this case, I did NOT read most of the replies to this thread because it's the same old flaming garbage.

I will reply to the initial post/question though:

People will cope, they always do. It's natural to deal with change and to make the best out of situations. People will eventually come to appreciate certain changes. Yes, a majority of people will quit, but plenty of new players will be attracted to the "new" (rs3?) Runescape. And those of us who will stay will be an even "tighter knit" group (There was another post on this issue) and will be the ones that really appreciate the current RS.

People loose loved ones, jobs, money, anything in real life, and are able to cope. I believe that people will be able to cope with changes in Runescape, too.

(Yes, I do realize this is a game and not real life, so everything isn't parallel, but I do think the coping with change thing is everywhere)

There will also be people who quit the game, and I believe that is THEIR version of coping.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

A game shouldn't be about having to put up with the game, it should be about having fun, or becoming the best; whatever floats your boat really.

I don't want ot have to pay to put up with a game, so i quit.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

If he was wearing mithril armor and can be attacked by a 100 revenant, all the better that he dies. Maybe he'll learn not to go to level eightysomething Wilderness, and furthermore to get armor that he SHOULD be wearing at his defence level.

Omg bro what have you got against life?

"omg hes lvl 3! he doesn't deserve to live..DIE!!!"

Have some compassion man....not everyone has been playing for years and been spamming the forums for 2 years with negative comments...seriously I haven't seen a single positive comment from you in all the topics I've read.

OT: I think that people just need to work a bit harder to earn levels. I found out that I am skilling more and bounty hunter is pretty fun too. Also I haven't heard the word "noob" for a long time except from the above mentioned player on these forums.

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Omg bro what have you got against life?

"omg hes lvl 3! he doesn't deserve to live..DIE!!!"

Have some compassion man....not everyone has been playing for years and been spamming the forums for 2 years with negative comments...seriously I haven't seen a single positive comment from you in all the topics I've read.

Well, I'm sorry if someone hasn't the COMMON SENSE- let's forget playing experience here- to read danger notices when they get them. If they don't have that, then let them die and learn their lesson. They'll be the better for it. They could be a level 20, they could be a level 80- doesn't make a difference.

Sometimes you need to have a little acid to get a reaction. Got a problem with that?

revenants are not to much of a problem they only try as hard as a pker would to follow you, there pretty much ncp pkers

They are not a good replacement for PKers nbecasue they do not have the intellegence, nor the sense of humour, nor the teamwork or the taunting.

They may have the damage, and they certainly don't have the restrictions on who they can attack. I like it that you had to go into high lvl wildy to be in lots of danger.

Anyway if i wanted to play against NPC's i'd go and play a single player adventure game and have my MSN chat up. Thats the alternative to current RS which is interaction and competetion free zone.

NPC's, no matter how smart, or damaging will not replace good old fashinoned feuds, deception and generally being really annoying PKer's, but all having a good time.

Killing an NPC isn't the same; there is no love-hate relationship. THere is a piece of programming hitting high danmage on you, even with less drops!

IF Runescape is going to become a more or less single player game, it will have to live up to graphic and AI standards of things like Oblivion. Thats something its not going to do, its strength was in be able to interact with other people and compete with them. IT doesn't have that any more, and don't tell me 'the highscores' because i was rank 15 hunter, and now i'm probably about 50. THere isn't much actual competetion there, more than a competetion of time spent.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I'm coping pretty well. It hasn't changed the way I played the game so far. Hopefully Jagex will come out with good replacements that can still fight agaisnt RWT for all the other players who got the short end of the stick, but I guess it won't ever be the same again.

X_defenders.png

X_defenders.png

I love all these updates

A year and a half ago i quit for about a year and came back and there were macros everywhere and i was really really upset with the game. Why would i want to play a game where everybody cheats? like i've quit a few other games because there's so many cheaters (like gunbound and some other game like it - these were FUN games but why play them when other people just cheat and are better).

k anyway i'm back now. i just checked out the GE and it's AWESOME!!! like i just became a millionare from selling junk i could have never ever sold before (and i'm a super noob)

anyway rs is awesome again and once they add lending and fix monster trading and hopefully do some other sweet stuff to get things back i'll be happy.

and 30k? better than macroers.

Learn through mistakes, I remember when I first got full addy, thought I was invincible so I ran into the wildy and got killed by some level 100+ in full sara. This game isn't for 7 year olds and personally, I don't want our characters to travel in bubble wrap. <.<

Polnar.png

The only time this really gets in the way for me is when monster hunting so now I'm just going to solo mage and solo armadyl until they fix Lootshare.

I will also try to find a way to solo hybrid.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )