P2P VS. F2P--- Greediness

Dizzle229

Before you sart up a war, this is not a generalization. I understand that there are greedy members, and greedy non members, decent members, and decent non members. This is just a test I did.

I walked into P2P. I said: "Giving away free money!"

8 people tried to trade me.

I walked into F2P Lumbridge. "Giving away free money!"

I couldn't keep track of how many trade offers flooded my chat box. I really was giving money away, so I took 40 worthless items from my bank. I handed them out to 40 people and said anyone who got one come to Varrock alley way and you will get 10k each. Some people came without getting an item. Some people got money, left, came back, and lied, saying I forgot to give to them.

The verdict: F2P's tend to be more greedy than members (though I did get plenty of greedy members).

Why is this though? I seriously doubt that not dishing out 5$ a month makes them greedy. So what is it?

Any input? Comments? Post them here!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could be many diffrent reasons for this, for instance money is harder to come by in f2p. Also, its easier for younger players to be on f2p as you don't need a credit card.

Do realize its only a matter of time before this turns into a flame war and gets locked...

Yeah, it's only a matter of time... Also, shouldn't go this go into the debate forum? We're debating who is more greedy.

I walked into P2P. I said: "Giving away free money!"

8 people tried to trade me.

I walked into F2P Lumbridge. "Giving away free money!"

I couldn't keep track of how many trade offers flooded my chat box.

You opened that can of worms for yourself. You should know by now that if someone's offering free money or anything of that nature, they're naturally going to take it...

My opinion is that this experiment was rather foolish. You should know by now that people are greedy, and it doesn't matter whether or not they pay to play the game or not.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You walked into free to play Lumbridge, which is where most new players are. You're not finding greedy players, you're finding new players who think you're just trying to be kind to a beginner.

That's right, but what about those who leave and come back and ask for more like Dizzle said? That's just need more items, which, if the person is giving out, there's no real problem to it. If some man was giving out twenties in the mall I'll try to get more than one. :P

Now begging, thats another story... :(

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Of course F2P Players will want more money: They are new to the game and thus poor by default.

There also may be a maturity issue, but it isn't a result of the player being F2P, it's a result of the world being F2P.

To put it in more coherant terms, since virtually anybody has access to F2P, the F2P game takes in a lot of garbage for its player base. Of course, there will always be honest and polite players, but they will always be outnumbered by trolls who don't care about other people in the game, or people who take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to use Runescape as their personal toilet.

blackmageid8.png

One of the main reasons why I believe p2p is more prone to accepting free items is most people in f2p Lumbridge are new players that don't know anything about the game and how to earn money to buy things. Most people in p2p, however, know the game a lot and therefore, they are very used to little items and think of them as nothing, therefore, not much will accept it. It is just natural for new players to accept free items. :D

Callahan140.gif

Callahan140.png

What do you expect with new players in F2P? They only get a 25gp starter. :boohoo:

They get a starter now? Since when? Wonder why they didn't a few years ago...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

If you walk around in f2p lumby, you're asking for beggars =/

Anyways, when you look at it in a different way, then both free and paying players are just as greedy. If you were to ask anyone(f2p or member) if they wanted free money they would both say yes.

Everyone wants free money, it's just that generally low level free players are more willing to beg for it.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

hmmm okey so you where giving away the same ammount of money in p2p and f2p? did you take in account that most of the "noob" players still hang around in f2p, and after that we kick them to becoming members. People that have not been around rs for that long think that 10k might exceed what they have accumulated in quite some while, and it might help them to get moeny faster.

Nevertheless if you look it from the other side.... If you did not acccept it from someone that is giving out free 10k every time, maybe if you meet one every 3 days you would actually miss out on 1M money!!!

1M is in f2p somewhat higher, and i wouldn't mind missing out on that (though i am not a person that walks to party room for a drop). If you look it at this way I can actually state that p2p have more dumber people in it in average than f2p :XD: ::'

if you said take 3-5 minutes out of your time to go to varrok for 10k now I would say,

"That's nice of you but no thanks."

Now if you had said the exact same thing in the same situation 3 years ago(I've been a member for 3-4 months), I would say,

"..."

because I'd already be across the river and running north, or maybe walking at an excited pace because there was no running in classic, and I'm not sure how long we've had RS2...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

A lot of very good points guys! Especially how they are new and are desperate. I also was interested in the poster who said that there are less ways to make money on f2p.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I also was interested in the poster who said that there are less ways to make money on f2p.

I don't think anyone on this forum didn't know that. There are plenty more ways to make money P2P then F2P. Slayer, monster hunting, RCing nats, etc...

Note: I know that there are several F2p'rs that have played longer then P2p'rs, but he said in lumbridge, which is often filled with new players.

I think that most of the F2p'rs in Lumbridge have not been playing for very long, but when in P2p'rs world often the people you will find have been playing for a bit longer. Most of the P2p'rs probably are used to people lieing about giving things out, so are more reluctant to trade.

Drew33331Sigwrain-1.gif