NFL Superbowl XLII-Playoff Predictions

denhaag0o0

Here's the bracket for the playoffs.

nfl-brackets.gif

The highest remaining AFC seed remaining after the wildcard will face the Indianapolis Colts.

The lowest remaining AFC seed will after the wildcard will face the New England Patriots.

The highest remaining NFC seed will after the wildcard will go on to face the Green Bay Packers.

The lowest remaining NFC seed after the wildcard will go on to face the Dallas Cowboys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So coming up this Saturday are the wildcard games: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers; Tenessee Titans vs. San Diego Chargers; Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New York Giants; and the Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

What are your predicitons for the outcomes of these games? I see the Jaguars coming out on top against the Steelers, and the Titans coming out to beat the colts. For the NFC I see the Redskins and Giants triumphing.

What do you think will happen in the wildcard and the oncoming games?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: The Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in a close match 31-29. They will move on to face the New England Patriots next weekend.

The Seattle Seahawks beat the Washington Redskins 35-14, and will head over to Lambeau Field next weekend to face the Green Bay Packers in the Divisional Playoffs.

The New York Giants have beaten the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 24-14, and will go on to face the Dallas Cowboys in the Divisional Playoff game.

The Sand Diego Chargers have defeated the Tennessee Titans 17-6, and will face the Indianapolis Colts next week.

Denhaag0o0.gif

Fire Cape Achieved on 1/4/08 at 7:35 PM (-5:00, EST)

Dragon Drops: 1 Platelegs, 1 Skirt

Barrows Drops: 1 Karil's Skirt, 1 Dharok's Greataxe

Visage Drops: 1

Patriots are definitely going. I'm not so sure though, they've gotten close to defeat many times lately.

Packers look like they have a good chance of getting to the 'Bowl.

Not so sure to be honost, a lot of teams are doing great this year.

New England will win it all, you can't beat the Brady-Moss combo!

The Giants almost had them, so yes, you can beat them. I'm hoping the Chargers will finally win a playoff game. It's in them.

That doesn't prove that you can beat them. It proves that you can come close. The Giants didn't beat them, so how does that show us that you can?

A few teams have come close, but the Patriots have proven that they can win in those tight situations. Until someone actually beats them, you can't say that anybody definitely can.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Can: 1. to be able to; have the ability, power, or skill to

By that definition, if the Ravens, Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles replayed the Patriots, they could beat the Patriots. That proves they can beat the Pats.

:roll:

I see the jaguars beating the steelers maybe even in a blowout. They lost they're starting tackle not good when you're facing that defence of the Jags, they don't have Willie Parker either. So no play-action really. It's going to be a tough day for the Steelers.

The Titans and Chargers game should be fun to watch. Was a good game last time they played. I don't know about this well if the Chargers can have no turnovers from Philip Rivers and run the ball good agaisnt Haynesworth and the Titan's defence I think they can win.

Tampa Bay and the Giants well I don't know about this haven't really watched the Bucks play much, but after the showing the Giants gave last week agaisnt the Patriots I think they have the motivation to finally win a wild card game.

Seattle Seahawks will beat the Redskins don't know much about these teams so I don't really have nothing else to say.

But in the end the Packers will win it all Go pack Go

X_defenders.png

X_defenders.png

The Giants almost had them, so yes, you can beat them. I'm hoping the Chargers will finally win a playoff game. It's in them.

That doesn't prove that you can beat them. It proves that you can come close. The Giants didn't beat them, so how does that show us that you can?

A few teams have come close, but the Patriots have proven that they can win in those tight situations. Until someone actually beats them, you can't say that anybody definitely can.

Exactly what I meant. Every team can lose, and every team can win. Records never matter. Look at the Bears and the Packers. The Packers lost to them in both meet ups.

And if you can come close, doesn't it prove they need to try harder instead of being cocky?

Exactly what I meant. Every team can lose, and every team can win. Records never matter. Look at the Bears and the Packers. The Packers lost to them in both meet ups.

And if you can come close, doesn't it prove they need to try harder instead of being cocky?

Meanie why did you have to bring the Packers up.. just messing. Yeah seriously the Pats can be beaten they're not a monster. In these playoffs I can see the Jags or the Colts beating them from the AFC and if that doesn't happen (which to god I hope it does) then the Cowboys or the Packers are capable of beating them. We'll just have to sit back and watch history be made or broken.

X_defenders.png

X_defenders.png

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers - I'm taking the Jaguars, I think they're simply the better team. The Steelers were hot earlier in the year but they've since cooled off a lot (and lost their start running back).

Tennessee Titans vs. San Diego Chargers - I'm taking the Chargers. I don't think the Titans have enough offense to keep up with them.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New York Giants - This one's a real toss-up. However, I'm think that the Buccs will win. They have a bit more momentum than the Giants.

Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins - I give the edge to the Redskins because they have a lot more momentum at the moment. They have a lot to play for and have looked like a good team as of late.

Somehow I knew this would turn into an argument about the Patriots.

Not that I know anything about anything about football.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I say patriots all the way to win the super bowl

I think it'll be the Cowboys and pats in the superbowl game

The pats have 3 deadly Weps

The Pretty Boy/The Golden Boy-Tom Brady

The Pot Smoker-Randy Moss

The Insane Head Coach-Bill Belichick

= Dyansty

picksux7.png

My picks. The Patriots are beatable, but it's just not likely. They are a beastly team, playing like real champions. Tom Brady never loses his composure. He looked real nervous and tense in the beginning of the Giants game and I thought he might blow it. But of course, he pulls through, right when it was really needed. That's a championship-caliber team right there. Besides, it would be a shame to see the Patriots lose in the playoffs. I want to see history being made, even though I'd love it if the Giants won it all. :P

Ok, no matter how good the Patriots offensive is, their defense is still average. I have a strong feeling the Pats will meet the Colts once again, and if they do I don't see the Patriots being able to stop Manning WITH Harrison.

Denhaag0o0.gif

picksux7.png

My picks. The Patriots are beatable, but it's just not likely. They are a beastly team, playing like real champions. Tom Brady never loses his composure. He looked real nervous and tense in the beginning of the Giants game and I thought he might blow it. But of course, he pulls through, right when it was really needed. That's a championship-caliber team right there. Besides, it would be a shame to see the Patriots lose in the playoffs. I want to see history being made, even though I'd love it if the Giants won it all. :P

I think you meant to put Packers where you put Patriots? Hehehe...

I think the Packers will go all the way. They had a great season, and Favre needs to retire, so what better way to retire than after winning the Super Bowl?

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

picksux7.png

I think you meant to put Packers where you put Patriots? Hehehe...

I think the Packers will go all the way. They had a great season, and Favre needs to retire, so what better way to retire than after winning the Super Bowl?

^Losing to the Charger sin the Superbowl. :lol:

picksux7.png

i was gonna post a bracket too but urs is exactly what i would have put so there u have it the Patriots will win it all!

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

First round:

Redskins

Jaguars

Buccaneers

Chargers

Second round:

Jags over Pats (!!)

Colts over Chargers

Cowboys over Giants

Green Bay over Seahawks

Third:

Colts over Jags

Green Bay over Cowboys

Super Bowl:

Colts over Green Bay, 34-28

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Seattle Seahawks will advance to the Divisional Playoff games.

Jacksonville will face the Indianapolis Colts; Seattle will face the Green Bay Packers.

Today we have the remaining Wildcard games, with the Tennessee Titans matched up against the Sand Diego Chargers; and the New York Giants bashing heads with, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Denhaag0o0.gif

The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Seattle Seahawks will advance to the Divisional Playoff games.

Jacksonville will face the Indianapolis Colts; Seattle will face the Green Bay Packers.

Today we have the remaining Wildcard games, with the Tennessee Titans matched up against the Sand Diego Chargers; and the New York Giants bashing heads with, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

AFAIK:

No. If San Diego wins, Jacksonville will face New England. Not sure about the other game but I'm sure you're wrong because we do not know who faces who until the other AFC and NFC games are completed. It all depends on seeding.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!