Exp farmers a new threat?

krisc6

Why would you bother spending months on improving the stats of a Runescape account, if you can make a lot more by selling the currency of another game, like WoW?

As far as I know RW trading is as much a problem in other games as it was in RS.

There has been a very good impression of this on Dutch television once, which is also available on YouTube(in Dutch):

Do you know what connects Chinese farmers, hideous gnomes and obsessive Europeans? Step into the world of 'Cyberkoelies' and watch how extremes come together in the virtual reality of contemporary China; where sons and daughters of poor farmers fight online demons in mission of internet gamers from Europe. (Floris Jan van Luyn, 2006, 53 minutes)

hephaistos50.jpegangel2w.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex have made deals with auction sites like ebay, so if you search Runescape accounts on ebay, it will come up with moneymaking guides. They haven't forgot about it.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I got it guys, the solution to this is quite simple really. All you have to do is limit the amount of exp to the same amount of the max you can trade. For example, if you havent done any quests, you can only get 3,000 exp in each skill each day, but if you have more than 200 quests points, then you can get 30,000 in each skill each day. This will stop account selling for good, because you cant raise up your stats super quickly. It may seem like this idea is bad, but it will stop account selling, which has been putting a huge impact in EVERYONES gaming experience since the begging. Im now going to crunch the numbers.

With 30k exp a day, it will only take 434 days to reach level 99 in one skill. Since 30k is such a low amount, you could continue to raise every skill by 30k exp a day! In just over a year, you could still max out your skills, which has taken most people 5 years to do! Quite amazing actually! You can actually max faster using this method! TIme for another number crunch.

There is 26 skills in the game ( i think) so times that by 30,000! Thats 780,000 exp, which is almost a mill exp a day! I could normally only dream of getting that much, so its no deficit there!

Again, this time with 3,000 exp, no quests completed.

TIME TO CRUNCH THOSE NUMBERS!!!!

It will only take 4333 days to get 99 in everything! Thats only about a decade to get everything, but besides, So many quests are important like the rune mysteries quest, so this number should be alot less, everyone should just have their quest points ready! Start doing your quests, This is almost garunteed to be a future update!

That would definatly piss off regular skillers. It is not rare for high lvl players to gain more than 1M xp (even 2M xp) a day in ONE skill. If you don't believe me check various sites that track the xp of a few amount of players like http://www.rsstats.nl.

Nothing to worry about, jagex will just but sleeping bags back in the game...

The past proved how easy they were to auto... just google 'sleepwalker' <.<

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I got it guys, the solution to this is quite simple really. All you have to do is limit the amount of exp to the same amount of the max you can trade. For example, if you havent done any quests, you can only get 3,000 exp in each skill each day, but if you have more than 200 quests points, then you can get 30,000 in each skill each day. This will stop account selling for good, because you cant raise up your stats super quickly. It may seem like this idea is bad, but it will stop account selling, which has been putting a huge impact in EVERYONES gaming experience since the begging. Im now going to crunch the numbers.

With 30k exp a day, it will only take 434 days to reach level 99 in one skill. Since 30k is such a low amount, you could continue to raise every skill by 30k exp a day! In just over a year, you could still max out your skills, which has taken most people 5 years to do! Quite amazing actually! You can actually max faster using this method! TIme for another number crunch.

There is 26 skills in the game ( i think) so times that by 30,000! Thats 780,000 exp, which is almost a mill exp a day! I could normally only dream of getting that much, so its no deficit there!

It will only take 4333 days to get 99 in everything! Thats only about a decade to get everything, but besides, So many quests are important like the rune mysteries quest, so this number should be alot less, everyone should just have their quest points ready! Start doing your quests, This is almost garunteed to be a future update!

ummm first zezima got 99 in all skills in much much much less time than a decade, second how is this faster lvling???? you can already get exp in all of the skills..., [example]thirdly you can get 250k exp an hour at the marim dungeon using chins[/example], are people supposed to log out after 8 minutes of leveling? I garenttie you that almost every single member will quit.

edit: your name suits you :lol:

Uh, no.

I'm f2p and always have been f2p so that means I only have 39 quest points.

Which means if this update were to occur.. I would only be able to earn 3k xp per day.

And I'm not an xp farmer :\

It would put many people off Runescape, and it would cause everyone who is remaining (not many) to become members to do the quests etc.

that would completly destroy rs, and is by far the most far fetched idea, i've ever heard of! And i've heard of guns, and the moon.....

BAD IDEA!

ummm first zezima got 99 in all skills in much much much less time than a decade, second how is this faster lvling???? you can already get exp in all of the skills..., [example]thirdly you can get 250k exp an hour at the marim dungeon using chins[/example], are people supposed to log out after 8 minutes of leveling? I garenttie you that almost every single member will quit.

edit: your name suits you :lol:

No, his name suits you. If you can't recognize that as a joke, and you haven't even read the thread saying that it is a joke, then you, my friend, are the idiot here, not him.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

OMFG YES! THIS IS IT! DIG RUNESCAPE AND JAGEX A BIGGER HOLE TO LIE IN! YES! THIS WOULD TOTALLY ROCK!

[bleep]ING JAGEX MORONS, THEY WOULD DO THIS TOO. <.<

EDIT: hm...I'm looking for an emoticon that describes how I feel about Jagex at the moment...but there isn't one...I guess it would look something like :x with :shock: and :evil: then exploding

Well, how many people would buy rs characters? There's a certain tme where these people will stop and once you reach that point, you're pretty much done selling accounts. Accounts aren't like gp where they can simply flow around to buy other things. Accounts are permanently structured and there is no point in one rl person buying more than one rs account.

So I highly doubt that this idea will flourish much.

Roflmao!!!

Words cannot express how stupid this idea is... it's beyond belief. Your name says it all tbh.

:uhh:

ninja_biff.png

I got it guys, the solution to this is quite simple really. All you have to do is limit the amount of exp to the same amount of the max you can trade. For example, if you havent done any quests, you can only get 3,000 exp in each skill each day, but if you have more than 200 quests points, then you can get 30,000 in each skill each day.

Im kinda getting 99 wc, so i gain 50-65k xp a day.

Shots-Sig.jpg

Roflmao!!!

Words cannot express how stupid this idea is... it's beyond belief. Your name says it all tbh.

:uhh:

I didn't realize Tipiters were so... stupid.

Yes, it is sometimes difficult to detect sarcasm on the internet, but I mean c'mon...

77yLQy8.png

I think this can become a real threat especially since there are ip filters etc that can deter jagex's ip tracking system (to the best of my knowledge). Please don't tell me that people don't sell accounts because in the last few months I have been to probably a total of 10 runescape gold/account selling websites (looking at how much they were selling things for not at all interesting in buying; for exp a few sites said they were selling 99 slayer (they would get it on your account) for like 10mil :-s anyway); and these sites all sold various types of accounts. They ranged from rune pures pures to tanks to high cb accounts.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Maybe, but this has been going on for a while.

But face it, Jagex can stop unbalanced trades, but they can't stop this. At least with buying gold there were extreme options that could be taken, the only thing I can think of to be done here is what banks do, look up your personal information and ask.

Jagex COULD place a limit on how much exp you can gain per day... Look at the assist system for an example.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

That would definatly piss off regular skillers. It is not rare for high lvl players to gain more than 1M xp (even 2M xp) a day in ONE skill. If you don't believe me check various sites that track the xp of a few amount of players like http://www.rsstats.nl.

Why not annoy skillers? Everyone else has got a steaming pile of fertilizer hurled at them...
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Hahaha this is pretty funny. I just love how people are quoting my post laughing at it and everything, when i specificly told you all, YES, it is in fact a JOKE! Jagex has recently been limiting everything down to the 3k-30k based on quest points scale, so it was a joke solution to the problem that has been staten on the thread.

theidiot11.gif