My luck goes from bad, to just plain sad...

xlippsx

If you don't want to hear a bunch of whining just stop reading now, I just need to share this seeing as I really do believe I have some of the worst luck in Runescape.

Back in June, right before i got 99 cooking, i went to iron dragons for the first time. I had heard stories of people getting dragon drops very often from them and decided to use up the 11k chaos in my bank going for one. Well, 12 kills in, i got a pair of dragon legs. Very lucky yes, my second dragon drop ever (first was left half off black dragon earlier in that month), but that was literally the end of any luck for me whatsoever in Runescape. In august i for some reason dropped all my stuff and quit, still don't really no why. Over 70million (the majority of which i had merchanted) was given out to my friends who were online at the time. I came back to Runescape in early November only to find out that these kids weren't really my friends at all. All of them except for one (Death18769 <3: ) decided my friendship wasn't worth the 10mil+ they had all gotten. So there i was, back in Runescape with 4mil cash that death had given me (he would later give me 7mil more in items <3:<3: ). So what does one do when they have a bank worth 4mil? They kill for drops! But no drops came. November slowly turned into December and then as December began to wind down, i hit the 2k metal dragon's in a row without a dragon drop mark. I decided to hell with them, and halfway through december turned to black dragons/the kbd in hopes of a dmed or visage...That brings me to where i am today, 800+ black dragons with a best drop of rune long (including only once clue scroll which yielded junk) and 300+kbd kills with a best drop of 100 yews (over 50 solo kills). Yes, I'm sure there are worse cases than mine but right now, i feel worse than ever.

Last night I went to GWD for the very first time and killed the Bandos boss about 20 times with a group of 8. Lootshare gave me one drop the entire time (other than bones 8 times) which was a rune 2h. I was fine with this though. Then today i went with 4 of those same kids for a second trip. We were about 8 kills into the trip (i had just gotten a rune long and was very pleased #-o ) when it happened. There it was, clear as day: Slowpoke1990 has recieved one Bandos Hilt, your chance of recieving loot has improved! What's that? A 40mil drop!? Split 5 ways is...8mil a share! Oh wait, that's right, just yesterday sharing drops with your teamates became forbidden. The drop i had been waiting for, made no difference... (Gratz Slowpoke, I'm glad you got it, you deserved it =D> )

Well that's the end of my story for now...Hopefully I'll see my luck improve...(June 07'-Jan 08'; no drops over 50k)

I mean your going to bandos with a 8man so your odds are even worse, you knew about the new trade system, so i dont feel sorry for you at all. Try solo next time.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

I mean your going to bandos with a 8man so your odds are even worse, you knew about the new trade system, so i dont feel sorry for you at all. Try solo next time.

The big team last night was only because we were all first timers, I just didn't think we'd actually get anything that valuable... And soloing at 101 cmbt (79def/84hp), i don't think so...it just stings right now...

A ways down your post you said you gave 70M to friends, and only one gave some back. If you're giving money to them and not asking for it back, do you really think they're going to give it back a couple months later?

I wasn't expecting them to give everything back if i came back, but I know that when my friends come back from a hack or from quitting (in which they gave me stuff), I try to help them as much as possible, including giving them whatever i can. So yes, i was appalled (sp?) when some of them simply logged when they saw me sign on.

Killing stuff hoping for a visage is usually a bad idea

And yeah I wouldn't do godwars with ls :?

Nah, keep killing metel drags, trust me, you'll get it when you least expect it. Make sure these 3 thing happen:

1:You think Jagex and god hate you

2: You are bored out of your mind:

3: you talk to somebody and attack a steel dragon.

O:)

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Agreed I've gone from lvl 70 mage to lvl 85 mage with pretty much just combat magic on metals. Only yeilded a pair of legs and skirt.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

Kill Cave Horrors. Glamorous? No, profitable? Yes.

(this assumes you have the slayer level required to kill them)

I average a black mask every 150 kills (10 masks out of almost exactly 1500 horrors-all sold at 400k, 150 horrors takes me maybe an hour and 10) and they used to sell at 400k each (I dunno if its dropped in the last month). Its better than hoping for that 1-1000 dragon drop.

Just an idea, maybe not the best but its satisfying to have a fairly common but reasonably valuable drop.

I've killed maybe 1000 metals (steel and iron) and the only drops worth anything were runite limbs, I hate metals (I didn't kill them with the goal of getting anything other than range/magic/melee/slayer xp).

Edit:even better than that is killing Avianses which drop adamantium bars noted (4) regularily. Theres a couple of good guides in the guides part of the website (the 'Player made guides: monsters, money-making, tips and other' forum).

Agreed I've gone from lvl 70 mage to lvl 85 mage with pretty much just combat magic on metals. Only yeilded a pair of legs and skirt.

67-82 on metals for me good loot was: 2 legs, 2 skirts, and the grand mighty visage <3:

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

67-82 on metals for me good loot was: 2 legs, 2 skirts, and the grand mighty visage <3:

Congrats to you! lol Wish i was that lucky I got screwed i take it...

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

My advise would be to stop slaying dragons. Since the release of the ge i went back to barrows, great money maker now imo. Get racks, runes, and armor, drop them off at the ge when you have a good amount. Sells for you so you have more time to run trips.

This is a very good point that many people do not realize. Thanks to the GE, selling things has been made alot easier, least generally.

With the GE its probably more profitable to just do smaller more continually and constitutionally rewarding creatures. Sure you wont strike it rich in one lucky drop, but you may over time become even richer by getting decent drops in succession.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

You got dragon legs? You're already ahead of me.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Boohoo. I've killed the KQ over 600 times without a single chain, and I've killed the KBD over 200 times without a single drop other than yews and salmon.

I'm currently on a 102 dry streak in barrows.

I could go on, and on, and on.

Get over it.

Well...

You did give 70M away to your friends so it's pretty much your fault for that..

If killing stuff doesn't give you anything, I think you should start working with skills and all that jazz so that you can actually sell something, and you don't have to be disappointed so often.

wongtongxg4.gif

F2P | 59/70 smith | 13/15 skills 70+ | 70 smith banked.

loinclothec5.gif

And yeah I wouldn't do godwars with ls :?

Nah, keep killing metel drags, trust me, you'll get it when you least expect it. Make sure these 3 thing happen:

1:You think Jagex and god hate you

2: You are bored out of your mind:

3: you talk to somebody and attack a steel dragon.

O:)

Ya and ussally you don't even notice you got the drop

Yeah, you were foolish to give away that money but at least it showed you who your real friends are. If it's the drops you're after, start small on something like what the others said; cave horrors practically garuantee a mask drop every trip.

If it's the money you're after, work on skills, as they are by far more reliable money than killing monsters and hoping for drops.