What are your views on a Runescape Girlfriend/Boyfriend?

Knitewulf

Honestly I didn't read any of the other posts in this thread, so I'm just posting my thoughts based on the OP.

Lets say you know someone in real life, you might just be friends or you may even be married! Regardless of your martial status, you met in real life so what's wrong with taking that online? It just so happens that my introduction to RuneScape (waaaaaayyy back) was thanks to my good friend in real life. He is my best friend to this day, and we have known each other for most of our lives.

Now lets say one day your are playing RuneScape one day, for the sake of argument you are chopping yews and you begin to make conversation with the pretty pixel gal next to you. Then what happens... it's the internet, so not much. "i luv u".

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95% of the "girls" of runescape, Are actually Men. nuf said.

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

if you ask me its a tiny bit sad.

i mean you can be friends but whats the point having a girlfriend/boyfriend you probley never going to meet, with a chance that thier not who they say they are.

theres no point the most you can do is use the blow kiss emote on them.

go and experince the real world! :)

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Didn't get this from your first post...

Are you talking about talking to a real life girlfriend in RS? or making one from a friend you met in RS?

were talking about someone you only know online

if you actually play rs with your gf/bf its just nerdy love <3:

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• 2 weeks later...

they FAIL. seriously, I have met people in game that I consider friends. but boyfriend/girlfriend is a little extreme

wither_slick.gif

wither_slick.png

It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong. - Voltaire

Behind this mask there is more then flesh, there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof. - V

When the time comes, Don't hesitate, Just Act. - Wolf O Donnal - Star Fox Assault.

I will only agree with solicitations for girlfriend/boyfriend ingame, if Jagex markets Runescape as an "Online Dating Game". Right now it is not the case, so I agree with Jagex's position of not allowing solicitations like that;)

But.... maybe nerds can find love together over the internet?

I guess it could happen, this world's a lonely world anyway and people do everything to have a "companion." I doubt it works, runescape bf/gf or online dating in general but meh...let them do whatever makes them happy. If the said relationship makes them better people then by all means let them continue. Might be real, who knows? But personally, I wouldn't want to start anything with a person who I only know online. Friends sure. More than friends? Let's talk over coffee in real life and we'll see.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I really don't know.

I mean..There's friends on runescape I have never met but I've known for years..Longer than some of my friends in real life.

I was going to make a post something along the lines of 'lulz rs gf/bf nerds' but I mean on games like runescape you really can get to know a person.

Some of my friends on runescape I've actually 'grown up' with (I'm 19 years old now and I was around 13 when I started playing 'scape).

So if they want to get an rs gf/bf, in my opinion they should go for it.

This post turned out nothing like what I expected when I clicked add reply.

Zerker_jane.png

IMO it's always good to meet other culture, other country peoples , communicate with them and all. And i don't take that Girlfriend/Boyfriend thing serious , they just "play" around with that stuff. Although some people trying to use advantage for being girlfriend/boyfriend and possibly try to claim some items and money. So in conclusion i think it might be just called "silly" since there's no point for it. (sorry if i did grammar mistakes)

Sweetness in life - Friends Bad Friends - sourness

well I think it's bad if you don't know the person IRL because it's not like you're ever gonna marry them or anything, also it would be bad if you got emotionally attatched to the person,

and of course it would encourage people to break rule #13, asking for like their Email, age, even gender (I'm not sure if asking for gender is against the rules though), MSN, pictures, etc...

also if you don't know the person IRL you have no idea if they're lying about how old they are, or whether they're male or female, and possibly just playing you

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

In RuneScape and on-line in general, there is no such thing as too much caution. However, there is no abstract issue with having a "relationship" with another character on RuneScape; such "relationships" can help one reach a goal and can provide pleasant companionship. I, however, do object to people using emotes to make love with one another in-game; this is about as vulgar as Public Displays of Affection (PDA's) are in real life (as you can see, I'm in high school -.- )

I think it's fine, as long as it stays in the game. I've heard that a couple met in Runescape and got married... :wall:

Runescape is a roleplaying game, and as long as it doesn't get to the point where it gets out of hand and its all for fun, then it's fine.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

I think it's fine, as long as it stays in the game. I've heard that a couple met in Runescape and got married... :wall:

Runescape is a roleplaying game, and as long as it doesn't get to the point where it gets out of hand and its all for fun, then it's fine.

whats the point you cant do anything i mean honestly typing in hug/ kiss to a person who might be a whacko who gets off on little kids.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

If they're a real-life partner and you are a 'genuine couple' it's fine. Even if you actually met online, and have gained each other's love and trust... Sure why not. But if you've got a girl-character in front of you doing some dodgy bending-over emote while you cheer, that's when it gets taken too far :P But a real-life girlfriend who just HAPPENS To also play RuneScape and you ask her to join you for RuneScape activities, that's fine :P

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Rusty_TiTin.png

• 3 weeks later...

This is a role agme... and a online relationship would be a role game, so i don't see why it is wrong, except is used for wrong purposes as getting personal info.

I do not have a Runescape Girlfriend and not planing to have one, but i am just playing this game, so one day i could be in that mood and get one just for the LOLS

Road to success <--- Blog :D

skala2.png

99 Hunter 99 Firemaking 99 Cooking

99 Thieving 92 Runecraft 99 Fletching

99 Herblore99 Agility

It is sad when people just go wandering around asking for a bf/gf. But what if you have known someone for years on this game?

Then we get into the whole what is love ect. and trying to differentiate between love and lust and people who believe you can't be in love without getting your rocks off.

I've know several people on this game since classic and i'm closer to some of them then I am to my real life friends. What do you feel when one of your oldest friends in the game quits? I bet that most of you just don't go on with your life as nothing happened. Just because we never seen what the other looks like doesn't mean that we don't know who the other person is.

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.

Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming the couple knew and met each other irl before playing RS then I'd say it's ok.

Getting into a relationship with someone you don't even know online, whether for good intentions or bad, is something I don't like.

I just feel most of the people I've seen saying "bf/gf plz" are money snatchers. However I'm sure there are better people too

Cerberus700.png

F2P for now

Private is on, gimme a HYT!

It really just seems silly to have one: after all, many are just players who want free money/items, and are willing to be whatever gender you want, and may very well be all of 10 years old.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

• 2 weeks later...

i live with my partner and we're in a serious long term relationship. over christmas we played runescape together for fun, and that's ok because we know each other in real life and we know that neither one of us is a crazed stalker/rapist/pedophile. there are real dangers out there online for kids and having a runescape bf/gf could lead to bad things happening.

even aside from the danger aspect, it's pretty pathetic. i mean... you can never know a person truly if you only ever see their bunch of pixels, and you break runescape rules by asking for more.

my advice is to stick to real life relationships. even if you managed to keep an rs relationship going outside runescape, it's likely to be long distance, which hardly ever works out anyway.

Having a RS bf/gf is kinda sad. The bf/gf that you meet online may as well be a little kid asking for money.

RL relationship >>>>>>>>>> Gaming Relationship.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention