Westboro Baptist Church-"God Hates Fags"

bongo_man

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who started to think that the world would be a better place without any religion or belief in a God?

Either way theres always something people will find to argue and war about so there would be very little difference.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

Am I the only one who started to think that the world would be a better place without any religion or belief in a God?

You're not the only one...

Perhaps though a better way to look at it would be if there was zero indoctrination, everyone chose their beliefs and was skeptical and critical of them and thier impacts on society.

I mean I really don't give a toss what people believe. I may not agree, but at the end of the discussion we can agree to disagree and no one's hurt at all.

It just pisses me off when people want to change what science is, how it's taught and what it's found out, ostracize a sexual orientation and 'cure their disease', blow up the infidels, force-feed their kids their beliefs, change history, etc. Yeah, these are extreme examples and they probably don't apply to 99.9% of the people on these forums, but there's nothing more reason proof, immutable or uncomprimizing than fundamentalism, for you see, they are sanctioned by god. What they believe is flawless, inerrant. They can not be wrong. There's the dangerous thing.

But again, these are generally fringe views. The vocal minority.

Either way theres always something people will find to argue and war about so there would be very little difference.

Agreed.
iteme3721.jpg

I think we'd be better off too.

However.

You cannot really argue with the 10 Commandments, after all, they are the basis of the laws today, no?

Saw a program on these people*, I really hated them, they are just pushing their beliefs on others, infact the dude who was doing it was asking questions like why are you doing this?, and such, of course they only gave an answer that makes them look more evil.

I think these people should be given court orders to stay the [bleep] away from funerals, the guy just [bleep]ing died, have some goddamn respect, don't cause the family more grief.

*I use the term people lightly.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Pfft. That's just asking for a punch to the face, because that's spitting in the faces of frankly (well, as of 1990...) 95% of the world. (Probably less today, but not too dramatically.)

Bad things are published about God thousands of times over the good things. You never hear about people in Africa holding to their faith in order to get miraculous healing, people miraculously recovering from crippling fatal injuries, nor even the little stuff. I mean, but this stuff always gets through. Get this that these are the PEOPLE and their believes. I follow the church personally in this matter, but I'm fine with gays...for...the most part. I don't believe we should like, kill them. That's just wrong.

The phrases used here are blasphemous and offensive to gays and all Christians. That's Nazism fundamentalist to push blame onto a minority, then kill them.

Point is...that church needs to shut down and never run again, because they've tainted themselves with hate.

P.S. I don't believe in belief pushing onto anybody except for agnostics. And I'm not saying shove it down their throat, I'm saying show them the light. Try, if you fail, ah well, if you succeed....hooooray?

Calvin.jpg

Agreed, but that doesn't mean religion is a bad thing necessarily. For many, it's the only thing giving them any faith in life. :wink:

Personally, these guys can stop wasting their time and actually hold services like a REAL church does. God doesn't care if you're gay or straight or bi. I'll be friends with anyone of any orientation. Don't matter.

You, sir, deserve a medal. =D> =D> :thumbsup: ::' :pray: If anyone holds up Sodom and Gomora as examples of this "fact", keep in mind those morons basically said that they were gonna rape the sent angels, thereby branding the word "IDIOT" on their forehead for all eternity. I think that at least 50% of the angels/demons in Heaven and Hell were originally things from this plane of existence or something similar (such as alternate dimensions and whatnot, I'll ask Him when I go). I'd also say that noone in their right mind save for idiots would say that 2 people loving each other is a sin. Male/female is really a biological aspect, not a spiritual one, I think. Though those qualities MIGHT appear when the soul gets separated from the body through past experiences (don't know, will show you if I see it). Anyway, back on topic, these people need to get a boot so far up their crack that it'll be coming out their mouth. <.< Precisely why everyone hates Christians.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Leave it to organized religion to continue to be the most bigoted cesspool in the world.. :roll:

Or, you know, just a small group of crazy's. No need to stereotypically jump to all of religion :| .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

These people seriously deserve to die. They are nothing more than fanatics. Honestly, who comes up with crazy ideas like these?

Naw, they don't deserve to die, they just haven't read the Bible enough to understand it. They're more like some radical-religion group. Because nothing they believe in really applies to the Bible. I'm just getting down to the point that they don't deserve to die anymore than a homosexual.

yoshi161.png

Leave it to organized religion to continue to be the most bigoted cesspool in the world.. :roll:

Or, you know, just a small group of crazy's. No need to stereotypically jump to all of religion :| .

Yeah, dude, I find that offensive. Like, seriously. Cut me deep. Religion holds to a set of codes passed down for (what, 6000 years?), 2000 years, and 1500 years for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam respectively. (I don't know where buddhism and Hinduism started :| ) They are just holding to it. Incorrectly.

Basing your stance attitude towards ALL religion just by this ONE group of insignificant haters is just as bigoted as meeting on poor African man then assuming all African's are poor and act just like him. #-o I smell hypocrisy.

Islam, for example, isn't the ONLY religion that has religious text that people misinterpret or take the wrong way and end up doing bad things. The bible can be mis-read too. And calling all of us bigots for these lowlife bastard children is uneducated, mean, and downright...well, bigotry. :)

Calvin.jpg

Who cares what this group thinks? There are only a few hundred people in it, and yet I've seen news articles and even TV coverage about their nasty opinions many times. I wish it was this easy to get media coverage when someone has kind and generous opinions and acts upon them.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

But this is what annoys me the most about the medias relationship to religion....

if there's some bad news, say a gay that is killed for example... if the person that killed him was christian, then of cource it's said... but if there's a positive thing, then it's not mentioned at all...

when the only thing people hear about religion is negative, then of cource... no wonder most people are negative against it...

if i haven't read the koran (how is it written in english anyways?) I would be much more negative to muslims. But after i had read it, and therefore also learned more than about what i hear in the radio about jihad, mad rules and terrorists, i'm quite positive against muslims.

I'm Christian, and believe that God is my savior and so on and so forth, and of cource, I get a little upset about the same thing: That the only times i hear about christianity in the news it's the same old story about some christian haters et cetera, that's done/said something weird. I would really like to hear more about hte positive axcepts, so that people doesn't just jump to a conclusion about how christianity/religion is.

Not saying this because i think that the news should "evangalise" or anything like that... but it's just as with immigrants, we hear the negative, and people are therefore more negative against them.

Anyways, more on this topic... they have really mis-understood a lot...

The christian God doesn't hate sinners, (not going to argue if homosexiallity is a sin or not, as i haven't read enough in the bible to have my own conclusion) But anyways... God hates the sin, he can't stand it... If someone is killed, if someone lies or whatever sin it is, he get upset, furious and so on... but since sin is something that lies inside the human from the start of (thanks lucifer ^^ ) he still loves us, which is really one of the most basics things about christianity.

as paul says (this might be a bit off, as i just have to translate in my head from norwegian right now) That all the good things he want to do, he does. And all the things he doesn't want to do, he does... He sins, but not because he is against god, but because the human body is full of sin.

'

Ah well.. though i should get that off my chest =P there's months since last time i posted on a religion topic =P

the moral of the post is pretty much... don't stereotype people out of the negative things you hear about it... research, and find out things yourself. + a little christian morality :P

Scherzo.png

A sin is a sin according to the bible and it always says God loves everyone he just doesn't agree what they do..But really if I was God i'd hate [bleep]s but I don't believe he does hate the morons.

According to the bible, a sin is a sin. It may say God loves everyone but he hates the choices of homosexuals/etc. But if [Yoshi] was God, I would hate [homosexuals] but I dont believe God really does hate the [homosexuals]

^Making it easier to understand

Anyway Yoshi; gtfo.

If God created the world and everything in it; God would not have let us have the thought of homosexuallity.

But these "God hates homo's" threads are over.

So stop it.

Edit: As soon as I said that, noone replied in over 2 hours xDDDDDD

quickmariork3.jpg

A sin is a sin according to the bible and it always says God loves everyone he just doesn't agree what they do..But really if I was God i'd hate [bleep]s but I don't believe he does hate the morons.

According to the bible, a sin is a sin. It may say God loves everyone but he hates the choices of homosexuals/etc. But if [Yoshi] was God, I would hate [homosexuals] but I dont believe God really does hate the [homosexuals]

^Making it easier to understand

Anyway Yoshi; gtfo.

If God created the world and everything in it; God would not have let us have the thought of homosexuallity.

But these "God hates homo's" threads are over.

So stop it.

Edit: As soon as I said that, noone replied in over 2 hours xDDDDDD

Don't assume that is what he meant, never a good idea.

This is one of the questions Theologists and everyone has asked. God created the world and everything in it; true. He also gave the created there own personality. So what they CHOOSE to do is of there own descision. It is a very very confusing topic, they say it is 100%man's choice and 100% God's choice. I understand that if you are not a believer that this makes even more no sense. So do NOT try to bring logic into this.

The fact that there is a group that labels themselves as such is horrible. From my Christian standpoint, you are doing more harm than good to the Faith. The guy is deffinately not doing his job.

Not to bring in logic?

Thats the best defence a non-believer has.

You have faith but that's all that backs it up.

We have logic, science, and all this, and you tell me not to bring in logic?

-.-

If we dont bring in logic; you dont bring in that bullplop about "God gave us the right to think for ourselves, and choose what to do" Because then if it were bad, God would've done the only PROPER thing and taken those certain choices away from us.

quickmariork3.jpg

Let me repeat something I said a while back either on this thread or another one about people crusading against gays:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Uh.....key.

Well...Uh, let me think.

God didn't let us think up Homosexuality. Lucifer did. We used to be perfect beings that followed God's word to the dot. To the very damn last period, but after Lucifer tempted Eve with an apple of sin, and then Eve tempted Adam with the apple of sin, we were seperated from God. We were all separate and would never feel as close to God. We had only limbo to look for. But when Jesus came, he saved us all from the empty-ness of limbo and opened the gates of heaven by dying on the Cross.

Well that's the theistic part of the argument.

Scientific part of the argument:

The bible even speaks against this act. God loves all people, doesn't like sin. That doesn't mean he hates sinners. In fact, he loves sinners. Point is, the bible they're claiming is protecting them is actually screwing 'em. Henceforth, they're being hypcritical, and I don't even consider them part of the Christian church after this kind of hatred. This isn't opinion: this is hatred.

Second off, religion or no religion, this is just bad. Just [bleep]ing BAD.

"If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

P.S. You guys do know that Westboro is also the people who are pushing the signs 'Thank God for dead soldiers' and the lot?

Calvin.jpg

Yeah, dude, I find that offensive. Like, seriously. Cut me deep. Religion holds to a set of codes passed down for (what, 6000 years?), 2000 years, and 1500 years for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam respectively. (I don't know where buddhism and Hinduism started :| )

I think it was proven that Christianity and Islam are one of the very young religions in the world while Judaism and Hinduism are probably two of the most ancient. Hinduism being actually the world's oldest organized religion. Christianity could be considered an off shoot of Judaism as Buddhism was an off shoot of Hinduism (Hindus believe Buddha being one of the ten avatars god came down as). The thing i dont like is how Judaism has been hunted, slandered and slaughtered and still is being to this date. Hinduism is always linked to the worship of false idols :roll: and Christianity is probably the most slandered and criticized religion in the world.

All i can do is thank god that christians are tolerant people.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------