My solution to the random events

watchers_wrath

My stance on the random events are the same as many other peoples. With the lack of autoers, we don't need most of them anymore. However, there are two problems with this. One, many people like a lot of the randoms (for example the mime, genie, or maybe evil twin if you want the gems), and there are still autoers in the game, (not as many, but there are still some.)

I propose a solution similar to the doomsayer for the dangerous area popups. Once you get a certian random a certian number of times, like the maze 3 times, or the mysterious old man 5 times, you could "turn off" that random if you wanted to. This would still allow people to get the randoms that they wanted, as well as kill the ones they didn't want. It would also hinder autoers. For the most part, it would stop them, but a VERY small number would be able to turn off enough of them to continue autoing in peace once they'd gotten enough of them.

I think this would make most people happy, and still hinder what autoers are left. :lol:

In my opinion, we should keep random events, they keep a fair bit of balance to the game, and they give us some wild costumes to wear. I would not get rid of random events for the world. That's my opinion. :)

Randoms where not just for Gold Farmers. Many People use auto programs to high alch and to cut wood for them. Randome keep the auto programs from alching all night with no hinder.

Try this. Alch 1k yew longs and tell me how many randoms you get. I think that they should get rid of a few. And like you said.... I remember the days when i wanted full camo and mime but now i want to kill sarge!

:P

Randoms are there for cheaters as well as they where there for Golf farmers. <.<

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

in my opinion randoms are there for fun, and not making it boring just to make the same and same and same and same and sameand same and same and same and same all over the time

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

in my opinion randoms are there for fun, and not making it boring just to make the same and same and same and same and sameand same and same and same and same all over the time

Molly and the Sandwich Lady aren't fun, they're just really annoying..

You should post this in the Suggestions forum.

Especially when Molly or Evil Bob or any of the teleporting randoms teleothers you while you are hunting and when you're back, you've lost your traps (this is just one example, there are many others)

Catafrato.gif

~Quest cape owner since February 10th, 2008~

~Proud member of the W22 Shilo Fishing Guild~

I don't have a problem with randoms generally... EXCEPT for the ones who interrupt combat in a highly dangerous situation where it is impossible to fulfill their request at all, because a monster (dragon for example) is continuing to fight the player. I have been whacked on the head by the Sandwich lady while trying my hardest to deal with her and a steel dragon at the same time... There is no logic in having that kind of random in a place where auto-ing is a highly unlikely occurence. I was not thrilled to have to make the trek back to the brimhaven dungeon and pay another fee to get in, because I was physically unable to respond to the Sandwich lady and her demands. I'm not too thrilled when I get Dr. Jeckyl in there either, but at least I can fight him and get back to the dragons... I have no choice but to be hit with stale breadsticks when that rotten lady grabs me.

Other than those situations... I find randoms a pretty positive diversion.. They keep me on my toes sometimes... I wasn't thrilled when I died to Ricky Turpentine at a furnace, but that was my own fault for being half asleep with my head in the oven... :lol:

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

Yeah, I also hate it for example when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere and a stupid random comes "Catafrato, I really need your help!". I need to do the stupid task then get back to my doings. And I always get the same ones: Molly, Prison Pete, Maze. The Maze at least gets half decent rewards, if you get to the center in time. I never ever in my RS life got Evil Bob's Island, so I'd like a bit more variety, for example, if you get a Molly random, you get less chance of having that random next time, kind of like LootShare and its priority system.

Catafrato.gif

~Quest cape owner since February 10th, 2008~

~Proud member of the W22 Shilo Fishing Guild~

As the suggestion is optional, I don't have a problem with the concept. A few adjustments I would make:

1) The number of times you have an encounter before you can switch off shoulder be increased.

2) As a deterrent to the autoers still left, I don't think you should be able to eliminate all randoms. Another option would be to just decrease the randoms' frequency.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

I don't have a problem with randoms generally... EXCEPT for the ones who interrupt combat in a highly dangerous situation where it is impossible to fulfill their request at all, because a monster (dragon for example) is continuing to fight the player. I have been whacked on the head by the Sandwich lady while trying my hardest to deal with her and a steel dragon at the same time... There is no logic in having that kind of random in a place where auto-ing is a highly unlikely occurence. I was not thrilled to have to make the trek back to the brimhaven dungeon and pay another fee to get in, because I was physically unable to respond to the Sandwich lady and her demands. I'm not too thrilled when I get Dr. Jeckyl in there either, but at least I can fight him and get back to the dragons... I have no choice but to be hit with stale breadsticks when that rotten lady grabs me.

Other than those situations... I find randoms a pretty positive diversion.. They keep me on my toes sometimes... I wasn't thrilled when I died to Ricky Turpentine at a furnace, but that was my own fault for being half asleep with my head in the oven... :lol:

sandwhich lady, ceters, and frogs. dr jekyll i can handle.

just reduce them, instead of cancel them. i do like genies and the knowledge book or w/e. on a side note, i have not had a grave digger in months.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=724380&highlight=

Do quests to rid ourselves of them.

Few examples in above link.

I would be all for this idea...certain quests to get rid of certain randoms...that way you can keep the ones you like ...I like the maze, leo the gravedigger is a godsend when collecting herds or dragonhides (free banking), but if I have to do one more stupid star jump (what is a star jump anyway? I call them jumping jacks!) I will strangle that army dude. I have full mime and mime emotes, full camo, full leiderhosen and more frog tokens than I know what to do with ...so I would love the option to turn them off.
mak_1027.png

sandwhich lady, ceters, and frogs. dr jekyll i can handle.

just reduce them, instead of cancel them. i do like genies and the knowledge book or w/e. on a side note, i have not had a grave digger in months.

sandwhich lady/certer + dagganoth kings = -.-

220pxshkariwlogogt3.jpg

No they shouldnt because it would make it too easy to cheat. They should modify how they already work. In situations were it is impossible to answer them they either shouldnt do it or a different random which can be answered takes its place.

Theres also really no need to have such randoms as the teleport random when you teleport ONCE either. It should track how many times you have teleported within a limeted time and if you keep doing it then there should be the possibility of a random. Same with things like alching. Its really a moot point if your autoing if you only alch or teleport once or twice within an hour.

I agree that we should keep and remove certain random events.

My own personal choices;

Keep:

Genie

Classroom

MoM

Dwarf (he's funny)

Security Guard (account safety is important)

Maze

Pinball (it's fun with good rewards)

Remove:

Sandwich lady

Niles

Dr Jeckyl

Basically, any dialog random (because it's annoying when fighting an agressive monster. You're forced to abondon the kill, which isn't always possible)

Swarm (pointless)

Broken Axe

Migrating fishing spots (or make them migrate less often)

Broken tools whilst mining or farming

Evil Bob's fishing and balloons (hate those)

Gravedigger (the most annoying event of all, takes too long)

Other Amendments:

Mime (just one or two tasks required)

Sergent Major (just one or two tasks required, not five!)

Mystery box in certain circumstances (such as ranging in Ape Atol)

Harrington.gif

I bet no one will be complaining about randoms if they are fun! So yould like them to be fun huh????

Here's what I think...you should be able to kill all randoms!!!

So when the sandwich lady comes...hit her with a battle axe in 20s!!! Or the frogs wanted your attention (you already have a frog full!!) High Alch them!!!! When Molly comes...Superheat her!!!!

Now how fun is that?1.gif

4.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg