Revenge of the Sith

Yoda

Dont believe how2pk. He has his underclothes on backwords.

I still stand by what I said about the movie. There is no way I would watch it again if I was of an unaltered mind.

Also, I've increased my dislike for the movie. Staying out till 3:00 am not enjoying yourself so a bunch of fans can watch a movie, and then coming back to work in 5 hours. No fun.

I'm gonna steal one of the trailers and burn it to release anger. Bye.

~M

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refused to watch Ep2 because of how dismal Episode One was. I am however quite tempted to go and see this final one.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I refused to watch Ep2 because of how dismal Episode One was. I am however quite tempted to go and see this final one.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I just came back from episode 3 and I honestly did enjoy it.

Spoiler (sortof)

i love at the end how george lucas realised he needed to somehow make a reason that C-3PO doesnt notice Luke Skywalker in episode 4, so he just made that guy say... and uuh wipe that protocol droids memory

Dont believe how2pk. He has his underclothes on backwords.

What the hell, how do you know this?! :o :P

Nah, you can think about it what you want, and I wont try to 'convert' you or something, I respect your opinion, I just found it a bit exaggerated.

Eager to see what you have to say here All movies are about acting. No matter how good the special effects are (and they are good and we love them) there has to be a human element or we might as well just watch milkdrop make all those pretty colors over the star wars theme song.

No, not all movies are about acting, a part of a movie is about acting, other parts are dialogues, plot, special effects etc. You have different types of movies, where different things are more important. To give an example, in movies like Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Les Invasions Barbares, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s more about acting, dialogue, and as you say the human elements. But in movies like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, that type of movies it's less important, action and special effects are of more importance there. Of course acting is important there too, but itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s more the action and the special effects that speak, instead of the actors.

Too many people complain about Episode I and II. There are many reasons why they are different, but you have to take your own experiences into accord when you rate the success of these movies. Obviously, one of the things more intriguing about 456 was that we didn't know everything about Star Wars. We were first being introduced to these characters and learning the history. Now that we "know it all" we are less impressed with each act we see. Nobody can say anything negative about George Lucas, he is without a doubt the best indy film maker of our time. And possibly for generations to come. So, because of our subjective nature, obviously our criticism of the prequels will be harder than that of the originals, that's just how things are.

Very good part of your reply, I fully agree there. Overal a very good post by the way. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

i saw it!! :)) it was frigging Awsome!!(misplacedme has no taste:P ) It might not hvae lived up to other expectations and it was somewhat slow at times but it was the best movie i have seen in a long time.

Yesterday, it broke the all-time record for highest profit in one day

Revenge of the Sith grossed over $50,000,000 (wow!) on its first day, crushing the previous record of $44.8 mil.

Btw, great movie :D :D :D

I just got back from it. I think it was loads better than Episode 1 and 2.

Too many people complain about Episode I and II. There are many reasons why they are different, but you have to take your own experiences into accord when you rate the success of these movies. Obviously, one of the things more intriguing about 456 was that we didn't know everything about Star Wars. We were first being introduced to these characters and learning the history. Now that we "know it all" we are less impressed with each act we see. Nobody can say anything negative about George Lucas, he is without a doubt the best indy film maker of our time. And possibly for generations to come. So, because of our subjective nature, obviously our criticism of the prequels will be harder than that of the originals, that's just how things are.

Well, Episode 1 was just not good. It wasn't a horrible movie, but it just wasn't Star Wars. Jar-Jar Binks and his people were just unentertaining, and the whole pod racer thing was quite boring and annoying. Lots of it seemed to just try to entertain short-attention spanned people with lots of saber fights and explosions, and minimal drama. It just didn't have a Star Wars feel. Episode 2 was a step in the right direction, it wasn't as good as the older ones, but it was significanly better than Episode 1. Ep 1 and 2 also had some bad acting, and while 3 is better, it still had some script and acting problems (mostly in the first half-hour, after which it was good-ole Star Wars).

Episode 3 however, returns to its Star Wars epic science-fiction roots, and is extremely well put together. The action was good, but that's not what made it good. The story was perfectly put together and interesting, which the previous two (especially Ep 1) failed to achieve. Everything...Just, I donno how I can describe it without spoiling anything...It was just...I'm very happy he ended the series on a high note. Not the highest of the 6, but definately worthy of the title and a solid watch.

But in movies like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, that type of movies it's less important, action and special effects are of more importance there.

I think the most important thing in Star Wars is the creativity and the epic story. Lucas' genious really shows in the old movies, in that there is so much depth both of plot and charecters. The newer have less charecter developement and more saber fighting, but there still good (not great, cept Ep 3) and Ep 3 goes back to develope the charecter and the plot and thats why it was good. It returned to its roots, but still had lots of action and special effects. But the story and creativity (as well as solid acting, and the fact that they built their own equipment to make the special effect with, and many other components of the great movies [ie, musical score, originality] the movies are practically perfect in every way) is the most important thing, I think.

the acting sucked in the original trilogy also, why does everyone complain about the acting in this one? episode III is fricking awesome, and it ties with empire as my favorite of the six.

The acting didn't suck in the originals. Harrison Ford was...IMO it was one of my favourite performaces or any actor in any movie, as was Hamills. They were actually feeling the charecters, and I thought they were VERY believable, the acting was amazing. Plus, Fisher is absolutely perfect for the role of Leia, with a bit of sophistication, a bit of sarcasm and also a lot of feeling put into the role. In 1 and 2 it seems to me like what it is. Acting. I really wasn't believing it, mostly for the first half hour (of 3). There was one point when Senator Palpatine was saved and he had comes back to Corusant and is talking to Mace Windu...Me and most of the people laughed out loud at the poor acting and script for a few awkward minutes...It was hilarious...In the first one, Padme really didn't seem like there was any feeling put into the role, more like she was just saying the words, plus I didn't like that kid (he's better suited for Jingle all the Way).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I just got back from seeing it. I felt very disappointed when I left the theatre. Not because it was a bad movie (which it wasn't) but because its probably the last star wars movie. It all wrapped up nicely though I found. George did a good job on tieing up the ends and making the connections from 3 to 4. Although I don't like how he just told the droids to have their memories erased.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

I just got back.. I dressed up and brought my lil light saber, people were complimenting me, it was fun. I dressed like my fave char Mace.

I cant beleive he dies.

When he died i just couldnt stop yelling out NOOOOOOO!! :P

Yoda-- whole new light on him hes bad@$$

the movie was great, but sorta depressing, especially the part when he gives order 62 or sumting...and when Yoda loses, which i didnt get, since it seems to me they were even, then he just sorta gave up.

ShadowSam19.png

Saw it today, and I can say that it was worth the $9.50 it cost to see it.

First time i've been able to say that for a long time.

7.5/10 from me.

The whole "Nooooo" thing at the end was kind of runhs7qv.gif

*shrug*

lol u paid 9:50. i paid $0.00. heheheh. btw the "Nooooooooooo" was funny lol :lol: :lol:
]

But he has 'experienced' it on an amazing screen with amazing sound, you had to do it with computer speakers and a 20 inch screen. Not to mention you're a dirty pirate.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

haha lol. i watched the movie b4 the geeks did hahahaha. i downloaded the movie.... :shock: :D :) :o :lol: :P :twisted: . yeah... it's been out lol. it's really good.
Actually no you didn't. You would never have got a filmed version from premiere and all the "geeks" would have gone to first showings at 12am. So wow you want a medal? You come here to be smart or think we gonna go " :o He got it first he's cool!" ? Grow up.

I thought the movie was good. The reomantic scenes were very slow and dire but the action and special effects were like wow.

Eager to see what you have to say here All movies are about acting. No matter how good the special effects are (and they are good and we love them) there has to be a human element or we might as well just watch milkdrop make all those pretty colors over the star wars theme song.

No, not all movies are about acting, a part of a movie is about acting, other parts are dialogues, plot, special effects etc. You have different types of movies, where different things are more important. To give an example, in movies like Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Les Invasions Barbares, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s more about acting, dialogue, and as you say the human elements. But in movies like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, that type of movies it's less important, action and special effects are of more importance there. Of course acting is important there too, but itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s more the action and the special effects that speak, instead of the actors.

Fair enough. I guess it's just a question of taste, then, and I personally place more importance in good, believable human actors onscreen than a lot of star wars fans. I guess that means I like chick flicks or something.

......wait......maybe that's not the conclusion I was looking for..... :lol:

seriously, though, I am looking forward to seein ep3 8)

finalsig9wq.gif