New Forum Bugs - July 1st, 2008, 8:10 pm (UTC +10hr)

Madam Tripsis, thank you for the quick clarification. Sorry for stirring the beehive. :cry:

(BTW, I liked the PhpBB2 "Cry" emote better. :geek: ...)

~D. V. Devnull

Stirring the beehive gets the bee's going. As mentioned, thanks for pointing out the bug! :)

I agree :lol:

Tho I like this smilie for some reason... :?

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tho I like this smilie for some reason... :?

LOL! :lol: ... So do I... And I like the animated laughter. It is sooooo much better than the old "XD" choice.

Now, if only " \' " was a little bit more... dance-ish. :-k

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

You are still able to use the BBCode buttons and that is what matters. Once we get all of the super important stuff set up, then we can start looking at a few reasonable "cosmetic" changes.

That reminds me that I should start going around in the pages of this forum for links to topics in which the final say was 'Wait till phpbb3 is here', I think there's well over 40 at the least? :lol:

More work for you guys. :twisted:

By the way, for PM's, there is no pop up, even with the option selected in Board Preferences, or at least I receive no pop-up, nor Email for that matter...

You are still able to use the BBCode buttons and that is what matters. Once we get all of the super important stuff set up, then we can start looking at a few reasonable "cosmetic" changes.

That reminds me that I should start going around in the pages of this forum for links to topics in which the final say was 'Wait till phpbb3 is here', I think there's well over 40 at the least? :lol:

More work for you guys. :twisted:

By the way, for PM's, there is no pop up, even with the option selected in Board Preferences, or at least I receive no pop-up, nor Email for that matter...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! :o

Ease off, will you? We've got a lot to do first!!! :ugeek:

Wait... what? Oh dear... Er... Uh, Skatedog... Pop-ups are "Template-Dependent", meaning that if you don't have a skin/style that supports it, then it just won't happen. Sorry for the letdown. :oops:

~D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Wait... what? Oh dear... Er... Uh, Skatedog... Pop-ups are "Template-Dependent", meaning that if you don't have a skin/style that supports it, then it just won't happen. Sorry for the letdown. :oops:

Template Dependent? No idea what you mean there, I receive no pop-ups at all when using three different browsers...? Odie mass spamming my inbox has confirmed this for me. :wall:

I don't know how the problem could be across three browsers and be my end?

Template Dependent? No idea what you mean there, I receive no pop-ups at all when using three different browsers...? Odie mass spamming my inbox has confirmed this for me. :wall:

He means skin/template ??

as in the board has to have that template installed for it to work - feel free to correct me

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

He means skin/template ??

as in the board has to have that template installed for it to work - feel free to correct me

You're a little off... What I mean is that there has to be Javascript/Php code in the skin/style that a user has chosen to use with the interface, such as to detect a need for a pop-up and launch it.

(My apologies in advance if this continues to make no sense.)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

You're a little off... What I mean is that there has to be Javascript/Php code in the skin/style that a user has chosen to use with the interface, such as to detect a need for a pop-up and launch it.

(My apologies in advance if this continues to make no sense.)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Which would be the option in Board Preferences. And since everything is working how it should be on my end for those pop-ups to be executed, it's not much of a let down for me. I don't know but apparently not many others are experiencing it as an issue, or are unknown to it (lack of PM's?).

I think the old forums looked better and were MUCH easier to use, it'll take me a while to get used to this one. Also, when will we be able to view old topics again? Any information would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Edit: Noooo.... My avatar is back to my old one. :cry:

Please note, this is a bug submission thread - any information will doubtlessly be put into a sticky or on the main site.

EDIT: sorry, old post. but my point still stands

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Another PM bug, or something that should be disabled or changed is when you click on the PM button under someones avatar, it auto-quotes the persons text of which you clicked the PM button from.

So clicking on my PM button in this post would quote the text in this post.

It's not major, but it's definitely annoying.

Which would be the option in Board Preferences. And since everything is working how it should be on my end for those pop-ups to be executed, it's not much of a let down for me. I don't know but apparently not many others are experiencing it as an issue, or are unknown to it (lack of PM's?).

Skatedog, the problem is NOT on your end either, and I'm surprised you had the to think I was saying that to you. The fault is in the skin that everyone is using ("ProSilver") on these forums. Without tweaking that skin, you'll never see pop-ups, and neither will anyone else that is on that skin who has chosen to have pop-ups. TBH, I think the Admins will not want to have to go through every page and add javascript/php code, only to just to satisfy a mere few, so you're probably stuffed on this issue. :boohoo:

Another PM bug, or something that should be disabled or changed is when you click on the PM button under someones avatar, it auto-quotes the persons text of which you clicked the PM button from.

So clicking on my PM button in this post would quote the text in this post.

It's not major, but it's definitely annoying.

Uhm, no... If you're sending someone a PM from a thread, then being able to quote the post you're at easily is a good thing. TBH, to satisfy your "one-click wish" for a blank PM, we really should have a second PM button, and provide an alternate button image that would sit next to the thing you're at want of, so that the original functionality is still around for those would want it. :-k

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Erm, you may want to rethink your rant about ProSilver not supporting the PM popup. ProSilver DOES support the popup. If you don't beleive me look at the source your browser loads. Seeing how ProSilver was written by the damn PhpBB team I think they'd know they need to include a feature in the template like that.

PhpBB3 defaults the setting to off so you may want to go check your settings. They apparently weren't transfered, as I had it turned on for years before the revert.

Edit: And 30 seconds after this post, testing by PM'ing myself, what do ya know, I got a popup saying I have a PM. Amazing what a little settings check and logic does ain't it.

Erm, you may want to rethink your rant about ProSilver not supporting the PM popup. ProSilver DOES support the popup. If you don't beleive me look at the source your browser loads. Seeing how ProSilver was written by the damn PhpBB team I think they'd know they need to include a feature in the template like that.

PhpBB3 defaults the setting to off so you may want to go check your settings. They apparently weren't transfered, as I had it turned on for years before the revert.

Edit: And 30 seconds after this post, testing by PM'ing myself, what do ya know, I got a popup saying I have a PM. Amazing what a little settings check and logic does ain't it.

And me... Thinking that it was not PEBKAC at Skatedog's end... Thanks for the heads-up, Cruiser. :)

(Heck, I may go turn mine on now, just to check it out. :idea: ...)

~D. V. Devnull

Except I have it already selected, as I already stated that. Though your right, it's probably something obvious on my end that I'm not connecting, though it dazzles me how the problem is across three browsers.

Most people I PM, is from remembering I wanted to PM them, and that's when I see their post. Though it does make sense, I just don't think it's necessary. I've used two other forums, and I kept getting PM's with the quoted post below what these people were PMing me about, which was totally irrelevant - I guarantee this will come up as a topic in 2 months if not changed, or something.

*Most active topic* and *forum* in *User control panel* dont count posts in forums that wont give you postcount (ex. if youve 10 posts in Offtopic and 15 posts in Blogscape Offtopic is *most active forum*).

*Most active topic* and *forum* in *User control panel* dont count posts in forums that wont give you postcount (ex. if youve 10 posts in Offtopic and 15 posts in Blogscape Offtopic is *most active forum*).

That doesn't add up. :? ... I'm actually being pointed at my posts in a thread in Forum Games. :| ... For that matter, I think it is miscounting how many posts I have in that single thread. I seriously DO NOT remember putting 297 posts in just that thread alone. <.<

~D. V. Devnull

That doesn't add up. :? ... I'm actually being pointed at my posts in a thread in Forum Games. :| ... For that matter, I think it is miscounting how many posts I have in that single thread. I seriously DO NOT remember putting 297 posts in just that thread alone. <.<

~D. V. Devnull

Do you have any proof you haven't? Disproof based only on a complete guess as to how much you've actually posted isn't disproof at all.

Likewise I can't believe I'd posted some 100 posts in the relationship advice sticky in Off-Topic, but I have to presume that since I go there so often, it's likely I actually have.

[bTW, I just found the next bug... The formatting tags, while editing... I know that Albosky would remember what it was like, prior to this whole mess. I liked being able to open and close when I chose, instead of just being thrown both tags. Also, I liked how several formats could be applied at any time to one given selection. Is there any way this particular functionality can be restored? :-s

Yeah I liked that as well. Unfortunately that is not a question I can answer, nor a problem I can solve. So we will have to wait for one of our techies to check it out.. but as that is a cosmetic issue, it will not be at the top of their list of priorities. So hang tight.

Another cosmetic thing I will just post so I don't forget is Closable Quote Tags. Anyways that is for when we are fine tuning things. ;)

1.png
generic_signature.png

[bTW, I just found the next bug... The formatting tags, while editing... I know that Albosky would remember what it was like, prior to this whole mess. I liked being able to open and close when I chose, instead of just being thrown both tags. Also, I liked how several formats could be applied at any time to one given selection. Is there any way this particular functionality can be restored? :-s

Yeah I liked that as well. Unfortunately that is not a question I can answer, nor a problem I can solve. So we will have to wait for one of our techies to check it out.. but as that is a cosmetic issue, it will not be at the top of their list of priorities. So hang tight.

Another cosmetic thing I will just post so I don't forget is Closable Quote Tags. Anyways that is for when we are fine tuning things. ;)

Huh? "Closeable Quote Tags"??? What the [bleep] are you talking about??? :shock:

~D. V. Devnull

Euh you used to be able to close Quotes like hide tags and set it to always close quote tags before?

Oh, that. I totally forgot. D'OH! #-o

~D. V. Devnull

Is there a way to get the forum to stop automatically filling out the subject in replies to posts? It gets really annoying when you see the topic 15+ times.

Not sure if this is an irregularity or not, but Tripsis told me to post this here.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Is there a way to get the forum to stop automatically filling out the subject in replies to posts? It gets really annoying when you see the topic 15+ times.

Not sure if this is an irregularity or not, but Tripsis told me to post this here.

Its always been like that ? :?:

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

TBH, only sort of... It used to be with PhpBB2, that to carry over the topic name, you had to either type it in yourself, copy it in, or tap the quote button on a post that had it already. It would seem this is a change under PhpBB3, and TBH, just how I like it. So if the Tip.It Forum Admins are going to do anything about this, they should leave a toggle option that the community of users can use to control these behaviors. :!:

And BTW, once we have something like SubSilver2 or another skin running that we can choose from, these titles are going to be far less obnoxious in font size. In fact, Georgelemmons, you may cease to notice it, and get rather accustomed to it. So can you give us a break and let this one be, please??? ::'

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

TBH, only sort of... It used to be with PhpBB2, that to carry over the topic name, you had to either type it in yourself, copy it in, or tap the quote button on a post that had it already. It would seem this is a change under PhpBB3, and TBH, just how I like it. So if the Tip.It Forum Admins are going to do anything about this, they should leave a toggle option that the community of users can use to control these behaviors. :!:

And BTW, once we have something like SubSilver2 or another skin running that we can choose from, these titles are going to be far less obnoxious in font size. In fact, Georgelemmons, you may cease to notice it, and get rather accustomed to it. So can you give us a break and let this one be, please??? ::'

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

BTW hi Leo Laport,

I think its annoying.. but now where near a deal breaker.. its just meh..

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!