New Forum Bugs - July 1st, 2008, 8:10 pm (UTC +10hr)

Hey,

Just thought i'd help the mod/admin/techies out by just compiling a list of known bugs/fixes needed. Please note this isnt a demanding list - i just thought it would be handy to have a list when you do get the time to start fixing them.

As you fix them, Moderators/admins - can you add FIXED after it ?

[color=#FF4000][size=150]FIXED[/size][/color]

Have YOU lost an Post, Guide, Blog or something else? Click HERE to find out how to revive it

Please Be thankful - the team spend most of the past few nights working tirelessly to get TIF online =D> Thanks Guys

Welcome back!

Thank you all for posting bugs and irregularities.

We hope you understand that the Tech Administrators haven't had much sleep the last days, and have been working their behinds off to get the forums back up and converted. They will look into everything mentioned on this topic, and fix the things that need to be - but not within the first hour. Please give them some time to go through the most important things first, and have some patience. Also I believe they will need some sleep in the near future. ;)

Good news is that you can post again, and while you're here; check out the news handy things to do with your profiles.

Keep up posting, and thank you for being patient.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

If its on the list people dont mention again;

[hide=Current Bugs]

•  
    [*:wmp3jizq]TET Forums, when posting BBCode Is turned off

[*:wmp3jizq]SubSilver2 Theme is missing the Tip.It Logo in the top left.

[*:wmp3jizq]Images and text affected by this system can no longer be scrolled via the middle mouse button... AutoScroll is unable to focus on the image.

[*:wmp3jizq]Right-click on elements that have this effect to them is also unavailable... And there are totally legal reasons for being able to right-click on such images and text.

[*:wmp3jizq]Moderator Names are now showing on board front when logged out, but not when logged in.

[*:wmp3jizq]Moderator names have disappeared from areas with subforums, like "Tech & Computers", and may have disappeared in other forum regions.

[*:wmp3jizq]Sometimes when (editing a post) you press backspace and it takes the scrollbar to the top of the post :wall: quite annoying

[*:wmp3jizq]My Online/offline status is Off atm - but that clearly is wrong as im editing this post :S

[*:wmp3jizq] Clicking on any topic created previous to the forum upgrade gives you an error message saying that it doesn't exist

[*:wmp3jizq] Missing Posts

[*:wmp3jizq] Old BBcode (hide etc)

[*:wmp3jizq] Long string of text in *location* field seems to scretch the page

[*:wmp3jizq] There is no link to Browse your computer for your Avatar. ("It would appear that Tip.It's "Avatar Upload" function is disabled at this time. ")

[*:wmp3jizq]
Signature Faults

[*:wmp3jizq]the PM button under someones avatar, it auto-quotes the persons text of which you clicked the PM button from

[*:wmp3jizq]Could we have the Title of post(reply) link back (e.g. forum/post#reply)

[*:wmp3jizq]Original Smilies: http://p27.us/tipit_theme/classic_emotes.zip (Errdoth) =D> (can we also fix the size of the smilie thumbnail i guess you'd call it to a reasonable size.

[*:wmp3jizq]No longer able to add several recipients on PMs - Can we at least allow a max of 3 recipients

---That was disabled to prevent people from sending out mass PMs to gold selling sites, advertisements, etc.

[*:wmp3jizq]The links in the page no longer stand out enough!!! PLEASE, for the love of whoever your deity is fix this

---'Tis on our list!

[*:wmp3jizq]Name colors for Admins, WebSite Crew, and TET Members all need brightening

---

I'm not quite sure if we can change that without making it look bad on the lighter skins.

[*:wmp3jizq]Images seem to be cut off

---Pretty sure that's an actual bug. Now for some reason, a horizontal scroll bar doesn't show up. I have notified our techies and hopefully it will be looked into.

[*:wmp3jizq]Click "Send Message" in the MSN window does not work. Try it: memberlist.php?mode=contact&action=msnm&u=41501#

[*:wmp3jizq]There's a large space on the right side of the page, I assume a formatting problem.http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/552/ ... eenua2.jpg[/img][/hide]

[hide=Squashed Bugs]

•  
    [*:wmp3jizq] Coding on Forum Index Page (ARENAscape Clan Discussions, The Gallery, Forum Updates & Suggestions, Website Discussion, Clan Discussions, Marketplace and General Discussion.) FIXED

[*:wmp3jizq] Tip.it Post notify (ihjawgjg@ jgj.com; submitted by me. (hgjfdldh@ gdkhjdh.com) submitted by skatedog FIXED

[*:wmp3jizq] List of smilies in posting a reply doesnt show the actual smilies. FIXED

[*:wmp3jizq] New Skins ? (asthenic) Ongoing/Fixed

[*:wmp3jizq] Imageshack errors FIXED

[*:wmp3jizq] Links do not open into a new window/tab like they used to. Not really a bug, but a change ("Links, when you click on it, make it a target_blank link instead of sending us to it in the same tab/window..." -skatedog111-) FIXED

[*:wmp3jizq] Unable to tweak signatures at this time, "I'm certain this is affecting everyone else with an elaborate signature. Before, it had a "counted by what would be displayed" system. Now, it has a "counted by actual BBcode and everything""FIXED

---The character limit has been increased in an attempt to combat this issue.

[*:wmp3jizq] Almost every single member that has rejoined from being deleted after the rollback is being marked as TCE Member, moderator, admin (etc) instead of the normal Chicken Feather rank. FIXED

[*:wmp3jizq] for PM's, there is no pop up, even with the option selected in Board PreferencesFIXED

---It seems this was a problem with the individual user and his browser settings.

[*:wmp3jizq]The "Manage Foes" area is missing. FIXED

---That was purposely removed for a while and it should now be back.

[*:wmp3jizq]Several names and groups in the moderator field have been repeated in several boards. FIXED

[*:wmp3jizq]On the old forum, when I exited, it basicly marked all posts as read, so I'd see in an instant which forums had new posts FIXED

---In the upper right of the index, there is a link called "Mark Forums Read." Push it before you exit and you will have the same effect.

[*:wmp3jizq]Disabling censor in ''board preferences-display options'' wont remove itFIXED

[/hide]

Tips:

Possible Rollback effects:

•  
    [*:wmp3jizq] Avvy/Sig Reverts

[*:wmp3jizq] Post count Rollback

[*:wmp3jizq] Lost Posts --->
Look here

[*:wmp3jizq] Edit profile -> User Control Panel. Link in the top left.

[*:wmp3jizq] If you changed Settings (e.g. Pass) - if it doesnt work, use old password

Hey you Tipiter's!

We are still working hard on getting the forum back up just as soon as possible. However, it has come to our attention that due to technical difficulties with database recovery we may be looking at a potential 3 month roll back.

It is possible to minimize your personal data loss (ie. blogs etc.) If you need to backup any information, use Google cache. Click this link:Google Cache

When you find a page you want to get to, click on Cache, not the link itself. If you need to find anything in particular, put a keyword before "site:forum.tip.it"

Best wishes everyone!

Sincerely, Tip.It Administration and Staff

But on a more serious note, please be patient you guys. As several other Staff members have already stated, our techies and Staff members have worked extremely hard to restore the forums. I'm sure a few of them need to catch up on some sleep and then we can start chipping away at sorting through some of the kinks here and there. We will try our best to make the forums look and feel a bit more like the old ones so hang in there!

Feel free to add more

~Necro

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clicking on any topic created previous to the forum upgrade gives you an error message saying that it doesn't exist :S

-BloodAngel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

TBH, this forum is crappy. The old one was much better. Hope you can get the old one back. ;) But yeah, I'm having the same problem as BloodAngel, Cant get on any threads. :S

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I am working to bring back the old topics. The issue is sync, not an actual problem with the data. Please bear with me while this is fixed.

As for the other minor issues like smilies not showing up, that will of course be fixed. After everything is settled in and work in the background stops, you should notice a considerable increase in speed.

Keep in mind:

Hey you Tipiter's!

We are still working hard on getting the forum back up just as soon as possible. However, it has come to our attention that due to technical difficulties with database recovery we may be looking at a potential 3 month roll back.

It is possible to minimize your personal data loss (ie. blogs etc.) If you need to backup any information, use Google cache. Click this link:Google Cache

When you find a page you want to get to, click on Cache, not the link itself. If you need to find anything in particular, put a keyword before "site:forum.tip.it"

Best wishes everyone!

Sincerely, Tip.It Administration and Staff

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Welcome back!

Thank you all for posting bugs and irregularities.

We hope you understand that the Tech Administrators haven't had much sleep the last days, and have been working their behinds off to get the forums back up and converted. They will look into everything mentioned on this topic, and fix the things that need to be - but not within the first hour. Please give them some time to go through the most important things first, and have some patience. Also I believe they will need some sleep in the near future. ;)

Good news is that you can post again, and while you're here; check out the news handy things to do with your profiles.

Keep up posting, and thank you for being patient.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Somehow i lost my forum account and had to re-create it. I don't know if there's anyone else that had or will have the same problem.

If your account was created in the past 3 months then it would have gone along with all posts. This is unfortunate but there was never else that could have been done.

I have to say the look of this forum is horrible, maybe it's a bit more user friendly but it need to get the old "look" back.

Also I can't find anymore bugs then the ones you stated, thanks for bringing the forum back to life :).

Edit: I think the rollback is even longer then 3 months :shock:, I'm back at 1,1k Post count and I had this really old signature I used long ago (Edited away though).

igsig.png

I have to say the look of this forum is horrible, maybe it's a bit more user friendly but it need to get the old "look" back.

Also I can't find anymore bugs then the ones you stated, thanks for bringing the forum back to life :).

At the moment the main focus is getting the board fully up and running - and I'm sure once that is done we'll be given some more themes to apply to the forums as we so choose. I don't particularly like the current look of the forums however you do get used to it.

Well, I'm none to sure if this is the right forum or not, but I was directed here in my own topic for a suggestion.

All old topics need to be removed!

I didn't know how else to word it, but having 10+ pages of topics, and only 3 actual ones you can view makes things very messy, in my opinion.

Quality posting at its finest.

Well, I'm none to sure if this is the right forum or not, but I was directed here in my own topic for a suggestion.

All old topics need to be removed!

I didn't know how else to word it, but having 10+ pages of topics, and only 3 actual ones you can view makes things very messy, in my opinion.

This is what is being worked on currently - All the old topics will be viewable shortly, please be patient and hold on while we get the forum fully up and running.

Glad to see it back up and running :)

Hope thins will be better backed up (seriously you guys did a great job getting it back up)

Anything we can do to help... let us know

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

I think the old forums looked better and were MUCH easier to use, it'll take me a while to get used to this one. Also, when will we be able to view old topics again? Any information would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Edit: Noooo.... My avatar is back to my old one. :cry:

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

I think the old forums looked better and were MUCH easier to use, it'll take me a while to get used to this one. Also, when will we be able to view old topics again? Any information would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

You'll be able to view them as soon as they load for you. That is to say, right after the problem is fixed. Definitely not before they load.

Somehow i lost my forum account and had to re-create it. I don't know if there's anyone else that had or will have the same problem.

Did you change your pass in the last 3 months ? if so - use old password

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

smilies and a lot of avatars aren't working...

AND MY BLOG IS LIKE... DISAPPEARED!! :(

look at that... we really need hide codes.. :(

[hide=doesnt work..]hi[/hide]

btw, where can i edit my profile??

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!