Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few questions, hope you can answer them :)

Are fire titans good to use at metal dragons? I never see anyone use a titan there, but they're mage based so they should hit them.

Answered

Are hydra's any good at fighting to get range xp, or are titans way better?

Is it worth collecting obby charms for my blue charms or should I just wait and make titans once I reach 79?

I would wait.

Is it worth using a titan at dusties for example, or would a bunyip be better?

I would personally use a geyser titan, but I am a very high level and can last there without guthans or a bunyip, and a geyser titan is much stronger than a elemental titan. I would stick to the bunyip for now.

Also, your granite mining section is outdated. Yeah, I know. The new format is good :thumbup:

And thanks, I like the new format too. Thanks everyone. ;)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Well, dags are a possibility as well. Any other ideas for charm droppers?

I know that a lot of the lower leveled slayer monsters (ex. cockatrice) drop loads of green charms :/

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

How about a section of guide for what pouches to make on your way to 68?

I'd like that but he refuses ::'

I could, but is it really neccisary?

This guide is really closing on being perfected. I MIGHT make a second guide only if I'm done, not sure on what skill though. I like writing guides tbh. :geek:

This part of the guide is not useless. Unlike most Summoning guides, I won't just tell you mage - Wolpertingers. No. Thats useless information. I will tell you instead what is the best familiar that compliments the skill! So, instead of just saying Farming - Stranger plants, I will say which familiar actually helps you while farming, (and why) not just increases the level. (You can find that at Runescape Knowledgebase.) Which in most case is a Spirit terrorbird, not a Stranger plant.

[hide=Runecrafting]1st: Spirit Ghaark (57)

Time: 49

Notes: Well, I guess I can't really say the best. However, this is fastest method to craft Nature runes. Although Natures at the best at 91 Runecrafting, until then I would avoid crafting natures.

2nd: Abyssal titans, Lurker, and Parasite (93, 62, 54)

Time: 32, 41, 30

Notes: For whatever reason, Jagex decided to make them all hold 7 Pure essence. That's right. From 54 to 93, the amount of essence is unchanged. Not only that, but the Lurker lasts 9 minutes longer than titans. Remember that titans costs less than lurkers to make, which is cheaper than a parasite. (All use the same secondary.) All in all, use Lurkers and buy them at the Grand exchange.

Side note: Beasts of burden familiars can NOT carry Pure essence.

3rd: Spirit terrorbird (52)

Time: 36

Notes:They can't hold your Pure essence for you, but they do give very cheap energy. (The time it takes to Oog'lag isn't worth the money and time saved.) I wouldn't really use this however...

• [/hide]

[hide=Hunting]1st: Arctic bear (71)

Time: 28

Notes: 7 Hunter bonuses. Not much more to say, it's 2 better than the Spirit familiars.

2nd: Spirit Graahk, Kyatt, Larupia (57)

Time: 49

Notes: These gives 5 invisible hunter boosts. (You can't hunt things before you have the requirement, just faster catches.) Not much more to say, just use the cheapest one that's buyable in the Grand exchange. However, Larupia can teleport you directly to Feldip hunter area. So I would use that as my first familiar. (Assuming you are hunting Red chinchompas - everybody does, lol.)

• [/hide]

More specific activities!

[hide=Mining granite(Banking)]Granite is now officially the best junk maker, lol. I would personally bank 2kg and 5kg, and drop the 500g.

1st: Pack yak, War tortoise, Spirit terrorbird (96, 67, 52)

Notes: Yeah, these are the best. Just use them as you normally would. Store and bank.

2nd: Lava titan, Obsidian golem (73, 83)

Notes: I would like to note that these do increase the mining speed by only slightly. The extra inventories of the Beasts of burden outpreforms the Mining boosts.

• [/hide]

[hide=Power mining]1st: Lava titan (83)

Notes: Always use this familiar while powermining if you can. It significantly increases the xp/hour, as the +10 mining really does help. However, if your mining far from a bank (granite) it may not be worth the trips to the bank that is required.

2nd: Obsidian golem (73)

Notes: Look at Lava titan.

• [/hide]

[hide=Pure essence mining]1st: Abyssal titan (93)

Notes: Yay, this familiar rocks! Or... at this, at least. It allows you to mine much more than what you normally could. 2-3k/hour, which is not bad. (Remember that Pure essence only gives 5 experience each, however.)

2nd: Abyssal Lurker, and Parasite (62, 54)

Notes: Basic Runecrafting. Just use your pouches, and store pure essence in them. Try to mine them at the Wizard's guild.

• [/hide]

The ones that are just too obvious I will put here. However, if a skill is obvious and it's not here, maybe theres more options then you thought... well, heres the list.

Firemaking: STOP! It's not, Pyrelords, lol. In fact, there is no familiars you should use while Firemaking.

Fishing: The highest level Fisher familiar. Granite lobsters, than Ibis, than Granite crabs.

=============

General information about how charms determine familiars

These are just general informations. Some familiars could break the rules, however most don't.

Gold - Very low shard costs, but low xp at the same time. They tend to require rather lower levels. (Highest requirement is 71!) The familiars created from Gold charms tends to do many things, varying from Combat, skills boosts, Beasts of burden, foraging, ect. However, it do any of those very well, except for Beasts of burden. Also known as the low level charm.

Green - This charm tends to cost many shards, but not much xp. Known for making the familiars that benifit skills.

Crimsons - This charm is known to be very useful for training. However, it has many more uses than just training. The familiars it creates are just like Gold charm familiars. They do many things, but mostly combat. However, this charm's familiar tends to get better as they level. At lower levels, most familiars made by the Crimson charms are useless. But as they level, they tend to be the best.

Blue - This charm is known for making very strong combat familiars, and that is very true.

================

Well, after much consideration and much requests, I have decided to put how to level 4-68 efficiently into the guide. However, I would only reccomend that you train via this method if you are extremely high combat, and can finish slayer tasks without the use of a Bunyip, or a Guthans, as that is considerably slower than the Whip. If you have to use guthans for your hp, your wasting too much time and should obtain a Bunyip faster. (This means 90+ combat stats)

Level 4-68

Gold Charms: Make Dreadfowl from 4-16, then Granite Crabs from 16-52. From 52, Make Spirit terrobirds until 68.

Summary: Dreadfowl from 4-16.

Green Charms: Well, save these.

Summary: Save

Crimson Charms: Save

Blue Charms: Save

=====

[hide=Abyssal demons (124)]summonws1.png

Abyssal demons. The monster that dropped the highly coveted Whips. Before, they were extremely common and you were easily able to gain 3m+ gp/hour. (Or 20+ million when the first few people obtained 85 slayer) However, time passed, prices stabilized and crashed. Now, you barely make even close to as much cash, but they drop... CHARMS! \'

This is a monster that I would advise using 10% str prayer against. Although you obviously don't have to, it is highly reccomended. If you don't, just replace your Proselyte top with another Barrows top, and bring 2 more Pure sets and bunyips, with no p pots.

There are two locations to kill them. The Alternate abyss, which is the more preferable one, only requires the acess of Fairy codes (ALR). However, unless you have over 118 combat the Abyssal guardians will be hostile towards you, just like wild dogs until 127 combat. If you don't have 118 combat, go to the Slayer tower. It's pretty basic, but don't forget your nosepeg/Slayer helm! It helps if you have a Slayer ring, as it allows faster access to Abyssal demons.

The actual killing is quite simple. They have pretty high defence and an extremely low offence, so don't expect fast combat experience from here. Instead, they are more of a hybrid of Combat xp, cash, and charms. (as inefficient as they may be) They teleport you around, as well as teleporting themselves towards you if you try to run! That means always turn auto retaliate ON, because when it teleports you, your atatck cycle is interrupted but you won't lose an attack turn if you have your auto retaliate on.[/hide]

[hide=Skeletal Wyverns][/hide]

inuyashakent-2.png

Yay, before I go off, I added an Equipment (A good amount of information, going to add a special weapons part to it tomorrow... ) section under how to obtain charms. Next to food.

And I obtained 91 and 92 Summoning today. (Wolpertingers)

inuyashakent-2.png

After some consideration, I think I will implement a "update plan." Basically, I will update this thread every sunday and save all the new material until then. If no updates are made, that means I was probably too busy with real life. This should save time for most of you who like reading updates, but don't want to check in every day.

:twss:

inuyashakent-2.png

I already have one. Do you mean the most efficient way to 68?

I think he does, and at least I'd like it. There is little point in planing to train past 68. Figuring out how from the guide to 99 is kinda messed.

Another tab that is only to 68 would be much appreciated, really.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I already have one. Do you mean the most efficient way to 68?

I think he does, and at least I'd like it. There is little point in planing to train past 68. Figuring out how from the guide to 99 is kinda messed.

Another tab that is only to 68 would be much appreciated, really.

Are you saying the format is too complicated? As in you can't distinguish the difference from 45-68 and 68-79, ect? If so, I could possible split them into two more hide tabs, but that would hinder the general image of the guide. Respond to the first question, opinions and constructive critisism is nice.

inuyashakent-2.png