Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an awesome guide, deverves to be in AOW, however there is a few minor mistakes:

In pouchcrafting methods: The "You must craft pouches and recharge your Summoning points at an Altar. Here are possible methods to get there, and the fastest ways." should be in front of all 3 methods.

Waterfiend guide: Seers ring, not farseer.

Bogrog picture doesn't work, and scrolls can now be traded in.

Alot of small errors (''s, spelling mistakes etc.), so take some time to look the guide through for these.

Great guide, really. =D>

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I recently am going to push form 90 to 99 summoning as one of my last goals.

I was looking at the quickest way and also ways to cut some costs.

Looking at some guides I got some ideas and also found yours.

Do you really think it is worthe saving Crimsons to 92? Or even using Wolfs after you get 92. Reason I say this is you have to use 2 different seconds. Thus taking more time to summon the total number needed since you only can make 1/2 the amount of pouches per run?

Also the difference on cost actually matters too..

Currently my XP 5809450 and used tips Calc to 95

(I know I can not summ Wolfs yet but the break down works the same)

Seconds for Swamps are 1.21m more but

Shards are 7.33m less

So using swamps is faster and seems to save you about 6.1m.

or if you swapped the Pouches for shards you would save about 1m using swamps. Also seems to be faster since you can make more per trip.

This is from my stats currently 90 summoning

Let me know if this doesn't make sense...

Thanks for the guide and maybe I am going crazy

Hmm. 10/10 nice guide, going to get back into slayer and summoning(after get 99 str and attack \' ) so ill keep track of my charms for you ^_^. and for 74 summoning whats a good thing for me to make, granite lobbys?

Just follow the "basic guide". Yeah, Granite > Swamps > Wolpers > Irons > Yaks > Steels

I recently am going to push form 90 to 99 summoning as one of my last goals.

I was looking at the quickest way and also ways to cut some costs.

Looking at some guides I got some ideas and also found yours.

Do you really think it is worthe saving Crimsons to 92? Or even using Wolfs after you get 92. Reason I say this is you have to use 2 different seconds. Thus taking more time to summon the total number needed since you only can make 1/2 the amount of pouches per run?

Also the difference on cost actually matters too..

Currently my XP 5809450 and used tips Calc to 95

(I know I can not summ Wolfs yet but the break down works the same)

Seconds for Swamps are 1.21m more but

Shards are 7.33m less

So using swamps is faster and seems to save you about 6.1m.

or if you swapped the Pouches for shards you would save about 1m using swamps. Also seems to be faster since you can make more per trip.

This is from my stats currently 90 summoning

Let me know if this doesn't make sense...

Thanks for the guide and maybe I am going crazy

Me and my friend did the math way back, the Wolper came out superior. You have a good point, and it is a valid one. However, it loses, in the end.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I've always wondered, how do you fund your summon costs?

I like to summon and collect all my charms via slayer.

But i always find myself at a lack of the funds to do summon without going below a certain amount.

I currently have 77 slayer, so it doesn't bring it too much money.

But does anything else help?

Like gwd? or waterfiends?

I've always wondered, how do you fund your summon costs?

I like to summon and collect all my charms via slayer.

But i always find myself at a lack of the funds to do summon without going below a certain amount.

I currently have 77 slayer, so it doesn't bring it too much money.

But does anything else help?

Like gwd? or waterfiends?

Farming Snapdragons are a great source. I also do Slayer, which usually pays enough for Summoning. If I ever find myself in need of cash, I'll go and do GWD.

inuyashakent-2.png

Well to me, 77 slayer doesnt seem to bring in enough money to fund summoning.

Maybe it does and i just dont realize it though.

And what about waterfiends, could they help pay for some summoning while getting charms?

And could i do them with 83 attack, 91 strength and 81 defence?

Assuming i would be using a zammy spear and i have 60 prayer but only 57 summon.

Also, when you go gwd, is there a certain boss you tend to use, or just whatever you feel like doing that day?

Nice guide, but maybe you could include some lower-level options for getting charms (if any good ones exist). I can hunt some of those monsters you specified for charms, but those are the lower-end ones... and then I'm not the lowest-level summoner either. If, say, I was level 60-70, what would I have to hunt to get charms?

Also, after slaying 156 fire giants I got 77 gold, 11 green, 3 crimson and 1 blue charms. I suppose there are millions of data for fire giants but oh well.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Kent just like to add my wolpertinger has hit 22 about 8 times this black demon task, so increase its max by 1 =]

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Hey there!

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but..

Bogrog, located at Gu'tanath's summoning obelisk will buy your pouches for 70% of the shards used to make it. ALWAYS do this. To get there, go to Gu'tanath (The place with the Blue dragons, unofficially AKA Watchtower) and you'll see him there. He is near the first gate. He does take noted pouches. No scrolls, sorry.

From the PvP worlds news it says:

Bogrog has expanded his enterprises even further and will now convert your spare Summoning spell scrolls to shards in a similar way to his already popular pouches to shards service.

Also, It's spelt Gu'Tanoth.

Nice guide :]

~Cool~

Love your guide, its bookmarked. Quick question though; Any idea how much 74-88 summoning would cost me? If you can, factor in the seconds and selling all the pouches. A rough estimate would be fine, I don't want to start spending my money if I'll run out before I get those precious ponies under my control.

Thanks!

Sir_Ddude.gif

Do u have enough numbers of charm drops for slayer? cuz if u would need more, I can collect them for you ... IM 82 slayer so u would get amounts for almost all monsters

Nice guide BTW!

Thanks.

Hey there!

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but..

Bogrog, located at Gu'tanath's summoning obelisk will buy your pouches for 70% of the shards used to make it. ALWAYS do this. To get there, go to Gu'tanath (The place with the Blue dragons, unofficially AKA Watchtower) and you'll see him there. He is near the first gate. He does take noted pouches. No scrolls, sorry.

From the PvP worlds news it says:

Bogrog has expanded his enterprises even further and will now convert your spare Summoning spell scrolls to shards in a similar way to his already popular pouches to shards service.

Also, It's spelt Gu'Tanoth.

Nice guide :]

~Cool~

Yeah, it was a recent update. I'll update it now.

Love your guide, its bookmarked. Quick question though; Any idea how much 74-88 summoning would cost me? If you can, factor in the seconds and selling all the pouches. A rough estimate would be fine, I don't want to start spending my money if I'll run out before I get those precious ponies under my control.

Thanks!

Hmm... Honestly, I would estimate anywhere from 20m ish. I could be off by 10-20m, but that should give you a rough estimation. I'll have to do the math later. :XD:

inuyashakent-2.png

hey, kent...i se that some people have been posting about trading in scrolls for shards....i want to say it's not worth it.....i tested it last night with a spirit terrorbird pouch and scrolls. As you know the spirit terrorbird uses 12 shard, the pouch gave back 10 shards but for 10 scrolls which is made from 1 pouch only gave back 3 shards in total from the 10 scrolls. So the rate of shards back from the scrolls is about 25%, it is not worth it for the extra exp you get for turning pouches into scrolls, hope this helped!

Oliboli1992

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

hey, kent...i se that some people have been posting about trading in scrolls for shards....i want to say it's not worth it.....i tested it last night with a spirit terrorbird pouch and scrolls. As you know the spirit terrorbird uses 12 shard, the pouch gave back 10 shards but for 10 scrolls which is made from 1 pouch only gave back 3 shards in total from the 10 scrolls. So the rate of shards back from the scrolls is about 25%, it is not worth it for the extra exp you get for turning pouches into scrolls, hope this helped!

Oliboli1992

I think they round it down to the nearest shard, which makes it not worth it. I will test this out with higher leveled pouches later then update my guide.

inuyashakent-2.png