Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For melee, always try to train controlled.

why is that? is this only after you have maxed out your att str and def?

and why do you prefer making terrorbirds over barker toads?

btw i LOVE your guide, thank you so much for it! :thumbsup:

theistsRdim.png

For melee, always try to train controlled.

why is that? is this only after you have maxed out your att str and def?

and why do you prefer making terrorbirds over barker toads?

btw i LOVE your guide, thank you so much for it! :thumbsup:

Whip is the best weapon in the game but it can't train Strength, which is remedied by using controlled. Barker toads have a much more expensive secondary. I am considering revising this, but I will do that when I update this guide.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Just read through the guide again. Great guide btw

just a random thing i noticed. In the FAQ section, it says 69: fruit bar lol. Instead of fruit bat :D

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

Kent I had a slight find. Might be worth noting it.

Dried zombies in the Huge obelisk thing near the Desert Swamp (the huge orangey-brown thing east of sophanem) Drop some (not many) charms - and every time I've went there I have had more blues than anything. My level 125 friend was killing a few with his torso + verac legs (i think) and a bgs. He eventually got almost 20 blue charms.

These are also multi combat, easy to kill and count as a zombie task, pretty good for lower levels. (I think its confirmed you dont need the Smoking Kills quest to enter here).

I would love you to check it out here. The drops arent the best but I have to say they give some nice blue charms.

(once again, aimed at ~90 combat. Most your info is based ~110+)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I've seen enough level 90s around with a slayer helm. I'd expect them to have a slayer ring too. <_<

Other than that, for things leveled something like 88, 98 and 111 that drop decent charms I think is kinda nice.

Especially when the damage they give is really low.

P.S. they drop noted silver, steel, and gold bars. Also unnoted silver, steel, and gold bars, along with unnoted silver ore, and a few alchables.

Check Tippy Bestiary on the lowest level one.

Kent I had a slight find. Might be worth noting it.

Dried zombies in the Huge obelisk thing near the Desert Swamp (the huge orangey-brown thing east of sophanem) Drop some (not many) charms - and every time I've went there I have had more blues than anything. My level 125 friend was killing a few with his torso + verac legs (i think) and a bgs. He eventually got almost 20 blue charms.

These are also multi combat, easy to kill and count as a zombie task, pretty good for lower levels. (I think its confirmed you dont need the Smoking Kills quest to enter here).

I would love you to check it out here. The drops arent the best but I have to say they give some nice blue charms.

(once again, aimed at ~90 combat. Most your info is based ~110+)

Already mentioned dried zombies, i believe that the desert heat made it a small issue, regardless of the waterspring there.

ny_lucario.png

Actually I could stay for 10 mins with 4 (4) waterskins without re-filling them - its not that much of a bother. As soon as you see the first message just go over there.

And who said these? :cry:

Their drops are epic and noone but me knew of them, end, of, story.

~Damn edit button keeps breaking on me~

I had found these a while back after the Smoking Kills quest came out but tbh I never ever thought the blue charm drops were even slightly decent in comparison to random high level ones.

Thought i'd post these results since it shocked me the amount of blue charms i got

Monster: Kalphite Guardian

Amount killed: 100

Crimson: 18

Green:15

Gold: 20

Blue: 18

71 charms in 100 kills

71% of kills i got a charm

18% of kills i got a blue charm

25.3% of charms i got a blue charm

I had a task of 190 or so kalphites and thought i'd do my task 100 with these guys, i didn't bother safespotting them but just used proselyte and melee protect.

I didn't time how long it took me to kil them as i afked most of the time but i'm sure for people seriously going for 99 summoning this might be worth checking out.

I'm sure you would appreciate some more data Kent, as it looked like i got a little lucky :D But even so i can't imagine anyone getting anything far off from what i got.

Edit: I guess this isn't new news since i just looked at tipit's Bestiary - but these definatly deserve a place in the guide.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Hello again, Kent :shock:

Firstly, congratz on having you thread moved to AOW. Definitely deserved it.

Secondly, Ive moved on to Waterfiends! After alot of math, I calculated that my hitpoints would be 97 by the time I killed enough Waterfiends to have charms for 99 summoning. I have to kill 41K of them, but they're awsome, so its ok. I average 33 charms a load :?

I was just wondering if its worth investing the money into buying a Saradomin Sword for fighting them?

Thirdly, although not as big as pouch making, its worth mentioning that charms can be gathered by thieving chests in Dorgesh Kaan. Its fairly good XP, with 200xp per chest. However, the charms are slow, but good if you can't or don't want to do much combat. Also, Penguin Hunting is a great weekly activity that is fairly good and helps cut down on the slow summoning process. With each point giving 25 times your skill level and a maximum of 15 points a week, you can get a decent amount of XP. I generally get 26,625 XP per week at my level which is currently the only thing I do to get XP as I gather charms.

Penguins should go in Slayer... but I might include it later.

SS is worth getting, but I personally went ZSS. Str doesn't really matter if you train controlled with a Whip.

Actually, I'm raising thieving right now... I have no personal experience.

inuyashakent-2.png

nice guide!!!

although others have combat familiars under 57. I think that that would be a good addition

50/10 (cause ure slayer guide is good to, just add trolls :thumbsup: )

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

nice guide!!!

although others have combat familiars under 57. I think that that would be a good addition

50/10 (cause ure slayer guide is good to, just add trolls :thumbsup: )

Duradel doesn't assign trolls.

And it's obvious which ones are better, the higher the level, the better the familiar is. Generally speaking, of course... any irregularaties to the rule are rather skiller familiars, or are so insignificant that they can be ignored.

I'm going to take out the Charm drops, as I got all I need.

inuyashakent-2.png

ok, i didn't know you only do duradel.

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

erm...you still haven't added the bit about trading scrolls to balrog....i think i posted a while ago that it was about 25% of the pouch shards if you trade in scrolls...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

erm...you still haven't added the bit about trading scrolls to balrog....i think i posted a while ago that it was about 25% of the pouch shards if you trade in scrolls...

I havn't even been on Runescape in weeks :XD: I'll change it right now.

inuyashakent-2.png

I need your help Kent. I have enough money and charms to get 74-88 summoning, but I'm not sure what the best way to get cheap shards is. I read in your guide I shouldn't be spending 25gp each for them, and the people I've talked to say junk trading is the best way. You mention exchanging pouches for shards, but what pouches are the best to do this with?

If you don't want to do the math yourself, please tell me a formula I can use or something, because I really don't want to have to spend more money than absolutely necesssary.

Sir_Ddude.gif

I need your help Kent. I have enough money and charms to get 74-88 summoning, but I'm not sure what the best way to get cheap shards is. I read in your guide I shouldn't be spending 25gp each for them, and the people I've talked to say junk trading is the best way. You mention exchanging pouches for shards, but what pouches are the best to do this with?

If you don't want to do the math yourself, please tell me a formula I can use or something, because I really don't want to have to spend more money than absolutely necesssary.

It's a really simple formula lol. Sorry it's taking me forever to respond, I'm very busy.

The formula is: Price of pouches / (Shards to make pouch x 0.7)

Sorry I'm busy and can't do the math for you... the good pouches were Swamps and Geysers, IIRC. There were a lot more, but you're obviously too low level. Good luck with Summoning.

inuyashakent-2.png