Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Noone uses discharge in OU/UU play, its usually thunderbolt or thunder since more pokemon learn it and both are stronger :|

Never said I wanted Marowak to be much of a sweeper, I wanted to see if I could add him into my new after game team, and with thick club, it can have base 500+ attack on a hindering nature at lv 100.

So I got a skorupi - lonely natured with snipe, bred with screech and x scissor. =s

Really? Cause I personally have to say that a porygonz w/ discharge, partnered with an electivire = awesome. A speed boost for my heavy hitter while sending out damage to the opponent's pokemon fails to look like a bad thing to me.

Well, be careful. The Double Battle metagame is slightly... skewed at the moment. If you go out with that sort of team, expect to see something like this happen...

Lickylicky used Protect!

Gengar used Explosion!

Lickylicky protected itself!

Porygon-Z fainted!

Electivire fainted!

Then as you send out whatever you have next...

(Opponent's second Pokemon) used Protect!

Lickylicky used Explosion!

If you're not fighting an explosion team, you're probably fighting a rain dance team.

Discharge has its place in doubles play thanks to being able to potentially help your ally, but it's noticeably lacking in singles play. Ray is right, if you're playing singles, gambling on a stat boost isn't worth it, T-Bolt is almost always better.

^Yeah.

Im working on my after game team.

All UU's

Drapion,

Gallade,

Houndoom,

Glaceon,

Torterra,

??? - I was thinking Aggron from my friends emerald (aron) or a Marowak with thick club (LOTS of work)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

^

The one thing that always makes me discount Scizor is that the one weakness is 4x Fire. A lot of special sweepers probably carry a fire attack, or at least they would if they were mine.

you can see a fire attack coming from a mile away and switch out of it.

Theres more options in UU, so its not the fact they play like OU its the fact its hard to determine

There are a lot more options in OU than in UU.

In OU, you have 470 Pokemon available. In UU, you have only ~420 Pokemon available.

And UU is just as centralized as OU is, in terms of what actually is used.

In OU, theres only like 50-70 pokemon that are used, and in UU there's alot more...

Just because you can use UU's in OU's doesnt mean that people do..

^In north america, 22nd of march, so only like 10 days.

But for Australia/NZ, probably early april.

REMINDS ME, Pokemon are really running out of names.

In OU, theres only like 50-70 pokemon that are used, and in UU there's alot more...

Just because you can use UU's in OU's doesnt mean that people do..

Actually, people use UUs in both OU and Ubers...

Ray, do you actually play against people? You'd be surprised. UU is more centralized than OU is.

If you don't believe me, here are the current usage stats (February 2009): http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51725

Especially, look at the popular leads and their movesets. And realize that Crobat is banned now, Electrode having replaced most of them... with 50% or more carrying rain dance...

Ok, random thing happened at school. A crazy chinese guy in our year got Pokémon Yellow onto a mobile phone and now the entire school is playing Pokémon on their phone constantly.

Crazy stuff happens amirite?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Does anybody else just choose their favorite Pokémons and use them as their team? That's what I do :P I don't EV train them or anything, it's what has killed Pokémon games. Players are becoming too serious.

My current team is:

Infernape (nicknamed 'Burners')

Raichu (nicknamed 'Shockdude')

Chansey (nicknamed 'The Medic')

Ditto (shiny) (nicknamed 'Blue Ditto')

Squirtle (nicknamed 'Water')

I'm trying to get Porygon for the sixth spot.

And ideas...all the new evo's of old Pokemon.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

And ideas...all the new evo's of old Pokemon.

I think the new evo's were cool. There were a lot of pokemon that had no evolution, and were not being used at all. Now, they have become pretty powerful.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

^Like what? Probopass? :lol:

Most of the pokemon that got those evolutions pretty much were OU's in the game they came out in.

Yes, soma, I havent played anyone before because I just got my DS working yesterday.

But, UU works alot on teamwork *raindance*, where-as OU works on just taking your opponent down, and Uber.. NOONE CARES ABOUT UBERS.

Most of the pokemon that got those evolutions pretty much were OU's in the game they came out in.

Hey I think Probopass is actually pretty cool.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Yeah so do I but everything he is, is just a lower version of other pokemon.

Rock + Steel combo fails.

I reckon he, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, LickiLicki and Magmortar should never have existed.

I like Electivire though.

Or maybe I just used to like the 151 original pokemon too much :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Does anyone think Porygon will have another evolution (if another pokemon game comes out)?

Personally, I think it'll have a physical version of Porygon-Z, as a different evolution of Porygon2. THATS IF there is going to be another game or evolution.

Porygon Z is already overpowered.

Does anyone think Porygon will have another evolution (if another pokemon game comes out)?

Personally, I think it'll have a physical version of Porygon-Z, as a different evolution of Porygon2. THATS IF there is going to be another game or evolution.

Porygon Z is already overpowered.

Porygon2 > PorygonZ

Yes, soma, I havent played anyone before because I just got my DS working yesterday.

But, UU works alot on teamwork *raindance*, where-as OU works on just taking your opponent down, and Uber.. NOONE CARES ABOUT UBERS.

Uh, OU focuses a lot on team work too. There's offensive, balanced, stall, rain dance, sandstream. You still get the odd hail team now and then, sun teams are beginning to show up more often now too.

Actually, rain is becoming increasingly common in OU, thanks to Manaphy testing...

It sounds like you're just biased against OU, probably because you don't like the dominant Pokemon in it. But OU really isn't any more or less centralized than UU, barring the presence of Scizor.

Does anybody else just choose their favorite Pokémons and use them as their team? That's what I do :P I don't EV train them or anything, it's what has killed Pokémon games. Players are becoming too serious.

My current team is:

Infernape (nicknamed 'Burners')

Raichu (nicknamed 'Shockdude')

Chansey (nicknamed 'The Medic')

Ditto (shiny) (nicknamed 'Blue Ditto')

Squirtle (nicknamed 'Water')

I'm trying to get Porygon for the sixth spot.

I did. When I got Diamond I choosed the water Pokemon and put in a Ralts Egg and my friends gave me an egg it turned out to me that deevolved form of Lucario. Also I'm trying to get a Politoad :D

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg