Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

True, didn't think of that, lol.

Oh, and current game update: luck must've been on my side this play through. Captured an adamant zekrom, then went over to white forest and this time it had happiny, magnemite, seedot, slakoth, bellsprout, oddish, and wurmple (which is essentially a mix of what I wanted, that being subway pkmn and ones who could give me lots of dex entries). Also, somewhere between the 8th gym and white forest, my drilbur managed to gain a 13lvl advantage over my other 3 pkmn (he's currently at lv64, other 3 are at lv50/51). Now getting my subway team ready, having trouble deciding between eviolite chansey or blissey as the spec wall on my team (also currently looking for either an ability changer or nerfer for doubles).

div>

My pokemon have caught pokerus. So if I understand this correctly, I put one member of my party in my pc, and all my pokemon will get it? And if I trade one of my pokemon to another person, his/her pokemon will get pokerus as well?

No, putting it in the PC only "freezes" the virus, it doesn't spread it to other Pokemon unless they're in the main party. This is helpful because it keeps a copy of the virus indefinitely, so long as you keep spreading and freezing.

Current update: on the 6th gym now, and I can honestly say that getting drilbur has paid off huge. Thing is a fricken destroyer, 120atk/100spe at lv31, and I have dual stab with bulldoze and metal claw. Also caught a minccino, thing is cruddy as hell (had to xp share it to lv40 for it to have remotely the same stats as my lv32 ottah). Lilligant is deadly as hell, taught it teeter dance to go well with the whole 'dance,dance,dance,drain' theme I want it to have. Oh, and I caught an emolga thinking it could learn fly...biggest waste of an ultra ball ever!

Oh, and if someone wouldn't mind pm'ing me links to the serebii pkdex pages of lilligant, drilbur, and cincinno, it'd really help (seeing as I'm having trouble accessing them)

Minccino is great, what are you talking about? Get Technician as an ability and watch it kill things. Skill Link is better, but it's currently not available.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

It had technician as an ability, but stat-wise, even at lv50 it only had 100atk/130spe. Compare that to my other pkmn with their 140/150atk/spas and 140spe, and you can see how cruddy it is. Multi-hit moves may be good with tech, but coming off such mediocre atk, there's really no point in using cinccino.

div>

It had technician as an ability, but stat-wise, even at lv50 it only had 100atk/130spe. Compare that to my other pkmn with their 140/150atk/spas and 140spe, and you can see how cruddy it is. Multi-hit moves may be good with tech, but coming off such mediocre atk, there's really no point in using cinccino.

Did you even bother to evolve it? A shiny stone evolves it. Then use a Heart Scale to learn the multi-hit moves.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

I evolved it, but for me, anything under base 110 offensive stats is cruddy, even if it does have access to semi-good coverage/tech-boosts.

@ginger: I got your pm, and I tried my best to help with your breeding questions. Currently working on my own personal breeding idea which, if it works, will enable me to mass-level any pkmn w/o rare candies.

Oh, and my drilbur is lv80 now. Thing is an absolute monster for those of you looking for a 'play-through' pkmn. It doesn't get a wide variety of moves, but it does get both stabs covered by lv32 (36 if you want earthquake). Turn my otter into an hm-drone, seeing as it is truly pathetic (stopped training it at lv61). Oh, and 3 hours after I caught my shiny audino, I ran into a shiny emolga in literally the same area. Still trying to breed off my doubles team though, current setup idea is: durant, slaking, blissey/evio-chansey, and leech-ferro (using leech seed instead of ingrain now that I know how to breed it on).

div>

I was actually gonna try to use durant's entrainment in doubles with slaking. It'd then give slaking hustle, which, with his already obscenely-huge attack, would only give quicker kills. That, and durant in itself is more or less a mini-slaking, due to its high attack/def/speed.

div>

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102993

RMT I made, feel free to comment on it. Also, that stallbreaker Hydreigon is a goddamn monster. It can get past it's would-be wall, Blissey.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102993

RMT I made, feel free to comment on it. Also, that stallbreaker Hydreigon is a goddamn monster. It can get past it's would-be wall, Blissey.

Bronzong over Lucario covers your Excadrill, Mamoswine, and kind of Garchomp weakness. Your Reuniclus seems counter productive as Hydreigon does the same thing (counters stall) in my eyes, and you seem to love Hydreigon, so that should stay. I would suggest something like LO Starmie over Reuniclus as it helps against rain teams, means you still have access to STAB Psychic attacks for fighting types, and gives you a fire resist for Bronzong/Jirachi.

I'm not great at rating and usually try to adjust others teams to fit my play style, but it's stuff to consider.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I can already tell that you need something with grass knot to cover your weaknesses. Also, replacing lucario with lo starmie would be a good move, seeing as a setup like bolt-beam/surf/grassknot(or hp grass) would essentially cover every weakness you mentioned /including gliscor which you didn't. Reuniclus should possibly be replaced with a wall, seeing as this team is wall-based. Might I suggest this new clefable I perfected?:

Clefable@modest

Leftovers

252def/4spa/252spdef

-encore

-cosmic power

-stored power

-softboiled/moonlight

Idea is to come in on something that's setting up/stalling (like blissey), encore the stat move, and then just keep using cosmic power. Since stored power increases based on any stat changes, after 6 cp's, you'll have huge defence and a scarily powerful attack.

div>

I can already tell that you need something with grass knot to cover your weaknesses. Also, replacing lucario with lo starmie would be a good move, seeing as a setup like bolt-beam/surf/grassknot(or hp grass) would essentially cover every weakness you mentioned /including gliscor which you didn't. Reuniclus should possibly be replaced with a wall, seeing as this team is wall-based. Might I suggest this new clefable I perfected?:

Clefable@modest

Leftovers

252def/4spa/252spdef

-encore

-cosmic power

-stored power

-softboiled/moonlight

Idea is to come in on something that's setting up/stalling (like blissey), encore the stat move, and then just keep using cosmic power. Since stored power increases based on any stat changes, after 6 cp's, you'll have huge defence and a scarily powerful attack.

Clefable is setup garbage that is outclassed entirely by Sigilyph using that set, as Encore doesn't help if you get KOed by it. If I replace Lucario, Balloon Excadrill 6-0's this team. And Quagsire hates Draco Meteor, seeing how it OHKOes it in most instances.

As for Gliscor, it dies to Hydreigon. There's no way it's going to tank a DM.

Have you tried an Infernape in place of lucario? It has a way better speed, equalish SpA and is fairly unpredictable. Try that set I've posted a while ago, it might help.

Yeah I was considering it. I could replace Reuniclus with it, as Reuniclus seems to not do MUCH, and still have a Cloyster answer in Lucario.

Well, to be fair, the tympole was a part of my breeding attempts for that doubles team. As for the tangela, I found it while ev-training my ferroseed (fyi: you can egg-move one with leech/worry seed by breeding it with a cherrim). Current team is 2/4 complete, will be 3/4 once I figure out when eel learns gastro acid. Oh, and while posting this message, ran into my 5th shiny in the past 2 days. Everyone welcome: shiny adamant metang.

div>

I've got a choice between Tentacruel or Hitmontop for a spinner roll. I already have a physical wall, but my special defender is weaker (Drought Ninetales). Ninetales puts Sunny Day on the field, so Hitmontop?

Yes, it is vital a spinner is on my team. Unquestionably.

EDIT: I call hax on the Metang. Crazy luck.

If you want an interesting spinner, then baloon excadrill could be one. Just build it like a normal swords dance set, taking out one of the atk moves for spin. Metang wasn't all luck btw, as I always keep an adamant synchro in the lead of my party...lol

div>

Actually... that is genius. Excadrill switches into Tyranitar, picks up the speed double thanks to Sand Rush, can't be hit by EQ due to Balloon, replies and guarentees a OHKO on Tyranitar after SD. Most Hippowdon can't touch Levitating Pokemon without weaknesses to Ice and Rock. Both SS weather inducers shut down, and once they're taken out, Ninetales comes in for perma sunshine.

Three Steel types leaves weakness to Fire and Magnezone, but EQ can deal with both capably and if that fails, my special sweep runs HP Fire.

Nice. :thumbup:

Wow, for once me just thinking aloud actually pays off. Question to the people of this thread: anyone know when eelektric learns gastro/zap cannon? Was pretty sure it was 61/76 respectively, but figured I'd make sure.

div>