Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Whats the over 9000 part about? :?:

And I got the whole mewtwo is more sexy than Lucario, that was just sort of random.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Over 9000 isn't a brawl term... it's like from some anime lol.

I dropped by Gamestop to send in a job application today, and decided to bring my DS... so I got the Deoxys wondercard too. Now I just need to pick up the Deoxys. I'm reseting until I get a decent one though.

Hehe, semi-inside jokes ftw :P

I got Scyther up to the rest of my team, now I see little point in playing. oh well.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I dropped by Gamestop to send in a job application today, and decided to bring my DS... so I got the Deoxys wondercard too. Now I just need to pick up the Deoxys. I'm reseting until I get a decent one though.

I wasn't saying over 9000 was a brawl term. The Ken thoery is a brawl term. Look at kents smash guide topic if you don't believe me.

I wasn't able to get the card today. I might go tomorrow on my way to work.

Friend Code-

4768-8817-7836

Have done no competitive play, and only a handful of GTS trades, but if anyone needs something traded, I could probably get it. (if they don't mind AR use)

Alright added it to the first page.

I still need everyone elses codes!

Tracked down my friend code:

4381-8811-6854

In other news... 414 pokemon obtained. Once I get some more of the easy ones down, I'll be posting on here for pokemon I need, hopefully people have them ::'

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Sorry I didn't post my friend code earlier, been really busy...

Well, here it is:

3179-3884-4805

Not ready for battling with anyone yet, sorry... I've been trying to build a good team every now and then when I get bored of completing my Pokedex.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I've had some magnificent sweeps recently with a Swords Dance Empoleon, the great-grandchild of my original starter. 1 immunity, 9 2x resistances, 2 4x resistances, 2 neutrals and 3 2x weaknesses. Brilliant typing.

I've had some magnificent sweeps recently with a Swords Dance Empoleon, the great-grandchild of my original starter. 1 immunity, 9 2x resistances, 2 4x resistances, 2 neutrals and 3 2x weaknesses. Brilliant typing.

And its three weaknesses are the three most common weaknesses in the meta-game... ground, electric, and fighting.

...which is why I have five other Pokémon on my team to cover those weaknesses. I'm obviously not going to let Empoleon sit around on something like a Breloom or a Staraptor.

...which is why I have five other Pokémon on my team to cover those weaknesses. I'm obviously not going to let Empoleon sit around on something like a Breloom or a Staraptor.

Breloom? STARAPTOR? >.<

Empoleon used Swords Dance!

Dugtrio switched in.

Dugtrio used Earthquake.

Empoleon fainted.

Or,

Empoleon used Swords Dance!

Dugtrio switched in.

Empoleon used Aqua Jet!

Dugtrio hung on using Focus Sash!

Dugtrio used Earthquake.

Empoleon fainted.

Also, I doubt you have that many things to deal with Chomp. And Empoleon doesn't carry fire attacks or electric attacks to my knowledge, so Skarm will just laugh and set up [bleep]es, then phaze away...

i normally have pokemon learn moves to cover their weaknesses

my infernape, for example, is weak against psychic, earth, flying and water.

though i'm unable to protect it from psychic and ground types, i bred its mother with a hitmonchan and then the result was a chimchar (now a level 65 infernape...) with thunderpunch, best of all, its really quick.

same kinda applies for my staraptor, its weak against rock types and electric types and ice types, so my staraptor knows close combat (for steel, ice and rock types) and u-turn in case of an electric type, so i can deal damage and switch out to my garchomp at the same time (^_^)

recently got infected with pkrs about 2 weeks ago, and i have absolutely no idea what it does. And all i'm doing now is re-building my team of dragons 8-)

Selly_jr.png

curently saving for sara sword and trying for 70 slayer >:)

you could if you taught it ice beam or blizzard...

Selly_jr.png

curently saving for sara sword and trying for 70 slayer >:)

Covering weaknesses usually isn't enough. Switch-ins and counters matter way more.

Empoleon's also way too slow. If Empoleon sees a Staraptor, unless it's got some serious HP and Defense, CC will OHKO it. It won't be able to pull an Ice Beam off. Also, I have my doubts as to whether an un-STABed Ice Beam on a SD set will OHKO a Staraptor anyways.

Empoleon can't really switch in with both a ground weakness and a fighting weakness. Way too many walls can switch in safely, for example, Skarmory. Also, the electric weak doesn't help it any, since HP Electric is probably the most common HP around, thanks to our Water/Flying terror...