Smash Club.

Caxis

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac I'll go down right now and get on if you want. Maybe I can join you and Kent in your battle.

You never did bother adding me. You should do it now since I'm your 3rd round opponent. In the meanwhile, we can practice. :lol:

Mac I'll go down right now and get on if you want. Maybe I can join you and Kent in your battle.

You never did bother adding me. You should do it now since I'm your 3rd round opponent. In the meanwhile, we can practice. :lol:

I must not have ever seen you code, but I will go write it down, and we shall play!

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Those were awesome matches Mac and Kent. It was a bit laggy at times, but fun nonetheless. I even won 2 of them! \'

I look forward to more matches and more practice with Peach, who is my new main. :twisted:

Too bad we didn't have a 4th player. :cry:

I pm'ed mano, but he logged...

And as for more advice...

To logan:

* I saw something. If they roll back and you predict it, do f-b.

* Dsmash is pretty weak now. You should've seen somebody try to crouch cancel one of those in melee. Instand 80 damange... :lol: . Now, their useless, DI out of them well and you get hit by 10 damage...

* Try to techroll.

To Mac:

* Lol, try to get some general techniques. Sorry, I didn't have much time to play with you. :cry:

To both:

*I saw lots of things you guys did in common. When you spot-dodge, make sure you know whats coming. I see you guys spamming 5 of those in a row, resulting in a FALCON PUNCH!!!!

* When you roll away, try not to leave yourself vulnerable. For example, I pull out a grenade when I get hit <3:

* Not sure how to improve this, but when I died, I see one attack coming and I think "Omg spot dodge to forward smash!!!" but instead you get hit by an obvious attack. Try to improve your reflexes, and it wasn't lag because I wasn't lagging during that point.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Wow I am Brawled out. That was a huge work out for me. I have to say, Kcdragon, if their was an award for most improved you would get it. You are so, so much better then when you first got this game. Now everybody is but you took it to a new level. You are really good with Peach. Much better than with lucas. Good job.

Now I haven't faced you in a long time Kent, but you have gotten better also. Your crazy with Snake, and Meta Knight. This is going to be a very very interesting Tournament. :)

Now who do you guys think i'm better with? Wolf or Zelda? I just can't figure it out. The only problem with Wolf is his horrible recovery... it just sucks...

Oh well those games were very fun. I haven't had a workout like that, in Brawl, for a long time.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Wow I am Brawled out. That was a huge work out for me. I have to say, Kcdragon, if their was an award for most improved you would get it. You are so, so much better then when you first got this game. Now everybody is but you took it to a new level. You are really good with Peach. Much better than with lucas. Good job.

Now I haven't faced you in a long time Kent, but you have gotten better also. Your crazy with Snake, and Meta Knight. This is going to be a very very interesting Tournament. :)

Now who do you guys think i'm better with? Wolf or Zelda? I just can't figure it out. The only problem with Wolf is his horrible recovery... it just sucks...

Oh well those games were very fun. I haven't had a workout like that, in Brawl, for a long time.

Hmm... I've only used Metaknight a few times, but my snake is my main \'

For which character to pic, if I were on Smashboards I would say personal preference but here I will lay it out for you.

Do you want a flexible projectile capable of knocking out an oponent? Or a highly spammable one that is a good antiaproach.

Good, but hard to hit Ko moves? Or one thats can be pretty confusing and unpredictable, but lacks the devasting power of zelda's airs...

However, if your going to use zelda, which I suggest, I would honestly have to say you have lots of things to learn. F-smash and U-smash are easily Di'ed, and you can expect me to take full advantange of that if I wasn't picking heavy ol' Snake...

Try using ftilt and utilt as they have good ko ability, and are easy to hit with and you can't di out of a 1 hit attack.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164483 guide for wolf... try reading it.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158672 guide for zelda... try reading it.

And it your wondering how people escape zelda's smash. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175950

And I agree. Logan increased his skills massively in a short time. I, myself, took many years... 8-)

inuyashakent-2.png

Thanks for the compliments guys <3:

Still not good enough to beat Kent 1 on 1 with his best character, but I'm getting there. It must be the matches I have been playing with Kent. They help me learn strategies with Peach against a player who knows his stuff, and then I can use it to help me out. Mac, you are an awesome brawler, I have seen you increase in skill as well. When we first got brawl we were about even in playing skill, and now I think we are still about the same, just playing much more intensly.

Kent, what does DI stand for, I still don't know a lot of there abbrieviations. It's probably something obvious I cant think of right now.

And whats a tech roll? lol #-o

I wish manoman had joined us, i saw him on, but never joined our game. Too bad. I hope to play you too again. This is really good practice for the tourney.

Thanks for the compliments guys <3:

Still not good enough to beat Kent 1 on 1 with his best character, but I'm getting there. It must be the matches I have been playing with Kent. They help me learn strategies with Peach against a player who knows his stuff, and then I can use it to help me out. Mac, you are an awesome brawler, I have seen you increase in skill as well. When we first got brawl we were about even in playing skill, and now I think we are still about the same, just playing much more intensly.

Kent, what does DI stand for, I still don't know a lot of there abbrieviations. It's probably something obvious I cant think of right now.

And whats a tech roll? lol #-o

I wish manoman had joined us, i saw him on, but never joined our game. Too bad. I hope to play you too again. This is really good practice for the tourney.

DI = Directional influence. Basically, when you hold a direction while getting attack, you can change the angle which you fly off. By alot. In fact, if you are very good at DI'ing, you can do something like this...

Tech roll: When you press L or R when you land on the floor you roll instantly. I probably mean tech chase whenever I said tech roll, which is exactly what it sounds like. You chase a person doing a tech roll and attack them.

Smash DI: While I'm at it, I should explain some more so I don't get asked these questions. :lol:

Basically, if you smash the c stick down while di'ing at the same time, it actually reduces how far you fly off.

Crouch cancel: If you hold down, it's basically a DI downwards except you usually don't leave the floor as easily. Could be good, or bad. Heres an example. Look at jigglypuff.

By the way. My snake is unbeatable :lol: You might be able to beat my weaker characters though. :lol:

inuyashakent-2.png

Good idea explaining these terms. Maybe have Caxis create an index labled Kents Terminology, A dummy's guide to super smash bros. brawl abbrieviations :lol:

Thanks for explaining those. I'll try and work on DI and tech rolls and chases.

Oh and mac, I believe you are better with Wolf. I hate the character myself, always a pain to fight when on a good players hands, and you a very good player with him. Zelda is also one of your good characters. But I believe you play Wolf better.

Good idea explaining these terms. Maybe have Caxis create an index labled Kents Terminology, A dummy's guide to super smash bros. brawl abbrieviations :lol:

Thanks for explaining those. I'll try and work on DI and tech rolls and chases.

Oh and mac, I believe you are better with Wolf. I hate the character myself, always a pain to fight when on a good players hands, and you a very good player with him. Zelda is also one of your good characters. But I believe you play Wolf better.

Yeah, but once you face somebody really good, they'll pass through those annoying lasers, shine, and f-smash easily. I would, bug I'm pretty laggy nowadays. :roll:

Heh, I may actually start a topic like that, loll.... actually, I'll start one later... maybe. :lol:

inuyashakent-2.png

Skatedog111

Friend Code: 4167 - 4291 -9694

Time zone: Eastern GMT -5, but I'm on 16/7. =/

Availability: Whenever to be honest. :lol:

If anyone's out there, I'm ready to fight anyone. ^_^

Welcome skatedog11. I hope you play as crazy as your avatar. :lol:

Anyways, those games were fun Kcdragon and Inuashakent. I loved the game where Logan was Peach and Kents was Diddy. When Peach floated down and Diddy tried to survive but didn't it probably would have been funnier if you both had the same amount of lives. When Kent's brother joined, it got really fun. Just let your brother know that he was my first [bleep]e in history. Yes i know that's sad. For me. Oh well good games.

Oh and today is my last day of school. So I'll be playing a lot more over the summer.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Skatedog111

Friend Code: 4167 - 4291 -9694

Time zone: Eastern GMT -5, but I'm on 16/7. =/

Availability: Whenever to be honest. :lol:

If anyone's out there, I'm ready to fight anyone. ^_^

Welcome skatedog11. I hope you play as crazy as your avatar. :lol:

Anyways, those games were fun Kcdragon and Inuashakent. I loved the game where Logan was Peach and Kents was Diddy. When Peach floated down and Diddy tried to survive but didn't it probably would have been funnier if you both had the same amount of lives. When Kent's brother joined, it got really fun. Just let your brother know that he was my first [bleep]e in history. Yes i know that's sad. For me. Oh well good games.

Oh and today is my last day of school. So I'll be playing a lot more over the summer.

Yeah that match was awesome. Peaches parasol saved the day.

I can't believe I lost at Hyrule temple. I had that game won, but lost ot in the end.

Skate, I'm adding you now. Add me and I'll get on right now.