Brainymidget's Dagannoth Kings Guide

brainymidget

^The bones are worth 7k and the hides 3k. The 125 (I think) prayer xp you get from burying them is only worth 1-2k or so. So it'd be smarter to bank the bones and leave the hides.

well, i need the prayer xp anyways, so i just bury the bones

[hide=2nd trip]d75a536b.png

a98ad8a6.png

d4b0dd06.png[/hide]

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you recommend for levels for the Guthan Hybriding method and the Guthan Maging methods?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Level Recommendations

For a mage:

* 80+ Defence

* 80+ Mage

* 70+ Prayer

For a hybrid:

* 80+ Defence

* 80+ Range

* A combined attack and strength of 170

* 70+ Prayer

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Level Recommendations

For a mage:

* 80+ Defence

* 80+ Mage

* 70+ Prayer

For a hybrid:

* 80+ Defence

* 80+ Range

* A combined attack and strength of 170

* 70+ Prayer

Thank you!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• 2 weeks later...
^The bones are worth 7k and the hides 3k. The 125 (I think) prayer xp you get from burying them is only worth 1-2k or so. So it'd be smarter to bank the bones and leave the hides.

well, i need the prayer xp anyways, so i just bury the bones

You get a helluva lot more prayer xp if you keep the bones...

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Yes without a doubt. They cost twice as much, but hit 1.5 times more, so it's not 2x the cost, its about 1.5x the cost per damage. Also, it will greatly speed up the trips making you get drops much faster.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Yes without a doubt. They cost twice as much, but hit 1.5 times more, so it's not 2x the cost, its about 1.5x the cost per damage. Also, it will greatly speed up the trips making you get drops much faster.

I got the mace for CoG, then died at DKS when hyb died, I went to bless, and because prayer took longer than is nessecary, i died. So i have the mace no more.

Is it worth using Claws with out autocast?

I've been using slayer dart since, but i only get 3/4 the amount of kills i normally would, if not less.

2v8sgvs.png

• 1 month later...
For Verac hybriding would it be better to bring both tortoises and unicorns or just unicorns?

i use both, but remember to bring 1 or 2 sacrifice pouches for the BOB aswell

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

For solo Maging (Or any maging) I find the fruit bat to the THE BEST. It heals 80 hp per special bar and, because of the time between spawns, the micro-management is no problem.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Fruit bat is very good but annoying to use. With unicorn, you click the scroll and it heals you instead of having to find the papayas on the ground, dropping stuff to get inventory space, picking them up without getting punched by Rex, and then eating them. I just find it too much of a hassle.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Previously, Veracs was cheaper so it was better in that way. Also, Veracs gives a prayer bonus, saving you Super restores. It also saves you time since you don't have to bother equipping a spear to heal.

My opinion: Guthans is better so leads to longer trips, but Veracs makes the trip easier, with less work to do.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I don't use many super restores with unicorn and bunyip, I just take antis, pouches, a few restores (for emergencies in case I get lured but mainly to summon new pouches) and sharks (for emergencies again). Regen brace, Guthans and Unicorn keeps my HP topped up nicely.

imagangster.png

• 1 month later...

Love this guide.

Started my first trips last weekend and love them.In my eyes there one of the riskier and more fun bosses.

The only trouble is there are only ever a few people wanting team members.

Amazing guide by the way.

O and heres your banner with the imperfections removed.

dagannothkings_edited.png

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I probably can't do Verac Maging with my stats, can I?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I probably can't do Verac Maging with my stats, can I?

You have the stats to last 1.5 hours upwards in my opinion. Take a war tortoise to start with, a bunyip or fruit bat afterwards. You should be using charge with claws of guthix for some nice efficiency. As always with verac, I suggest you take hybrids, since you will have less spyns on you in that case.

With your stats, you are very suited to verac mage.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I've just been toying with setups and noticed that blessed spirit shield is a viable alternative when guthans maging. You loss about 10 range defense compared to granite, but theres no magic negatives and it has a 3+ prayer bonus. So in effect you'd be replacing a small range defense bonus for a small magic and prayer bonus,which would (I've not started DK maging yet so this is theory) increase the the kill speed and your trip length.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]