Brainymidget's Dagannoth Kings Guide

brainymidget

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just two more questions, since I'm probably gonna be maging 97-99 there:

What's the xp per hour (magic) with claws on guthix on a populated world (1500 +, quick rex spawns) + any idea on hp xp too? (nearing 99 too there :-)).

Is it hard to get in w/o suicider? I heard there are some pretty good techniques.

Just two more questions, since I'm probably gonna be maging 97-99 there:

What's the xp per hour (magic) with claws on guthix on a populated world (1500 +, quick rex spawns) + any idea on hp xp too? (nearing 99 too there :-)).

Is it hard to get in w/o suicider? I heard there are some pretty good techniques.

It is possible to get in without a suicider. You just need to keep going in and seeing if Supreme is out of range. It can take a few brews to get it right. If he is out of range, make sure to hug the southwest edge as you go in.

wartortlelove.jpg

Ya, I have a video for getting in without a suicider. That's for duo mage but it's very similar for solo, just a bit harder although not harder at all if you're able to sneak around the edge as Fedorca pointed out. As for exp per hour, I personally have no idea, at all.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

*Dramatic music plays as Jard Y Dooku enters the thread!*

Time to clarify this whole max hit nonsense. I've told you and Short before, Prime CANNOT hit 60. And Short refuses to look at the image proving it's not 60. :D

303_Dagannoth_Prime.png303_Dagannoth_Supreme.png303_Dagannoth_Rex.png

Anyways, fix your guide with the correct hits. I don't care who says they've been hit over what these monster examines say. They are lying or mistaken. Jard Y Dooku, out.

You also assured me I was wrong about Corp hitting over 60's. Rex I've been personally hit a 28, and I swear I've been hit a 34 by Surpreme, not 100% though. 50 Seems about right for Prime #-o

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Without a suicider, can't you just run in with SGS, beat up on Supreme (go up ladder if rex gets on you)? Once Supreme is dead, run up the ladder to get Prime off you, then come back down and sneak around the southern edge to the Rex spot.

Ya, that's a really good way to do it. If I can't sneak in, that's what I do.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome guide, definitely deserves to be AOW! I have a few questions:

*Is there a massive difference between Guthans & Veracs maging? I don't feel like forking out 5M for Guthans really.

*Before I start my trp, do I already have a familiar summoned or I just bring out a Unicorn once I'm in the lair?

Thanks! :)

Awesome guide, definitely deserves to be AOW! I have a few questions:

*Is there a massive difference between Guthans & Veracs maging? I don't feel like forking out 5M for Guthans really.

*Before I start my trip, do I already have a familiar summoned or I just bring out a Unicorn once I'm in the lair?

Thanks! :)

They are both fine. I find Veracs easier although with Guthans you use less prayer potions so therefore make more money, also Guthans can lead to longer trips, but either one of em works fine, if you don't want to spent 5m on Guthans, then you're fine using Veracs. Some people own Guthans but they still prefer Veracs.

If you want to save an inventory spot then just summon the familiar before the trip. Often, when I use Guthans however, I need an open spot for my shield when I equip my spear so I just summon it once I'm there to open up a spot in my inventory.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

A couple of notes-

Antipoison(++) 4 dose is now at 4.7k

Antipoison(+) 4 dose is now at 4.9k

The same difference in price also applies to the 3-dose potions.

A week ago when I put up an order for 200 of the ++ 4 dose, i got them instantly. So, just a thought.

Question: do you have any tips for solo verac hybriders? I maged with a first time solo verac hybrider that had a bit of trouble. It was a lot harder to lure Rex than when I went with an experienced hybrider, so I wonder if the experienced guy knew some tricks with making Supreme move west a bit.

r unicorns better than titans? i have no idea how good either is :wall: also u said usin the cure thing on unicorn gets annoying does it just cure the poison or does it keep u from getting poisoned too?

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

r unicorns better than titans? i have no idea how good either is :wall: also u said usin the cure thing on unicorn gets annoying does it just cure the poison or does it keep u from getting poisoned too?

The Cure effect gives no immunity you can get re-poisoned anytime.

good guide :thumbsup: but to make it baetter you could put in what levels you need or did you cant remember or could you just tell me cause im adicted to killing boss monsters but no clans let me join and i try solo but cant

Artemis101.png

Artemis101.png

archsupportei2.png

Your levels could use a little work before you start Dk'ing but if you want to monster slay. Join SoDB. I am an event organizer there so you can know there will be plenty of times you can monster hunt, also just ask in clan chat and you might be able to find someone to Dk with. Here's a link.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Sodb/index.php?

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I do have few questions

Why do i use verac armour for solo maging?

How much xp/h i can make with mage here?

And how many gp/h in average?

R_Silkwood.png

@santana_raphael

I'm retired from Runescape due to my really bad connection, maybe coming back soon

I do have few questions

Why do i use verac armour for solo maging?

How much xp/h i can make with mage here?

And how many gp/h in average?

•  
    [*:2hyqom3d]Verac and Guthans are both good for solo maging.

Verac is better because it is easier to do since you don't have to switch weapons and find Spinolyps to kill, also it costs less than Guthans and some people can't afford Guthans.

Guthan's is better because you use less supplies and can have a longer trip.

[*:2hyqom3d]I honestly don't know what the experience per hour is, but I'd guess it's around 40k, but it depends on what spell you ues.

[*:2hyqom3d]Gp per hour can vary so much it's hard to even guess. I've had 4 hour trips where I make 14m and I've had 2-3 hour trips where I get only enough drops to pay for my supplies and even a few trips where I don't get anything.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Any tips for what to do when getting crashed by another soloer (while soloing)?

He had guthans, and I originally hoped that luring prime onto us would make him leave, but he was very persistent.

Is there any tactic to reliably lure both supreme and prime onto a mager?

Any tips for what to do when getting crashed by another soloer (while soloing)?

He had guthans, and I originally hoped that luring prime onto us would make him leave, but he was very persistent.

Is there any tactic to reliably lure both supreme and prime onto a mager?

Well, the obvious answer is to go and get both of em on you, and then run down to him. But the problem with that is that they are both on you now as well, and as soon as you leave, they get off him. My suggestion to avoid getting crashed is bring claws of guthix, that way you can beat him to all the drops and he'll be forced to leave.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Which would be better to bring along, 1K casts of Air Wave, or 1K Claws?

Since Air Wave only uses 2 inven spots and allows you to wield another weapon, like AGS/SGS, wouldn't it be better, especially since Claws require that stupid minigame, and it doesn't hit that hard unless you have charge, while Air Wave is fast and hard hits are reliable.

Just bothering you :P but still answer me so next time I don't phail >.<

Zunee27.png

Zunee27.png