Brainymidget's Dagannoth Kings Guide

brainymidget

Which would be better to bring along, 1K casts of Air Wave, or 1K Claws?

Since Air Wave only uses 2 inven spots and allows you to wield another weapon, like AGS/SGS, wouldn't it be better, especially since Claws require that stupid minigame, and it doesn't hit that hard unless you have charge, while Air Wave is fast and hard hits are reliable.

Just bothering you :P but still answer me so next time I don't phail >.<

Well, claws is only good if you can use charge. If you can't use a wave, preferable fire wave or earth wave, but I guess air wave works. Also, are you suggesting that you weild AGS or SGS and then just click to cast. Because that is horrible to do, you need to use a staff that auto-casts it or it is just annoying and not really worth it.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lime and Bam said:

Claws w/ Charge > Slayer Dart > Fire Wave > Air Wave

They said Dart would be useful for a 90+ mage. But, with 80 mage it would be a whole lot easier to mage? And is the Void Mace worth getting, or is the godstaff okay? Because in the end it would take an hour to get Mace, and 1.1M to get Claws, not to mention the price of using it. The DK drops are good, and will pay that off, but all in all I'm looking at 2hrs for Claws, and 24+hrs for 80 mage. Just wanna know if I should get 80 mage and try again, or if I should stick to hiding in the KBD lair.

Zunee27.png

Zunee27.png

Lime and Bam said:

Claws w/ Charge > Slayer Dart > Fire Wave > Air Wave

They said Dart would be useful for a 90+ mage. But, with 80 mage it would be a whole lot easier to mage? And is the Void Mace worth getting, or is the godstaff okay? Because in the end it would take an hour to get Mace, and 1.1M to get Claws, not to mention the price of using it. The DK drops are good, and will pay that off, but all in all I'm looking at 2hrs for Claws, and 24+hrs for 80 mage. Just wanna know if I should get 80 mage and try again, or if I should stick to hiding in the KBD lair.

Well, first off, Fire wave is better than slayer dart. Hits better, more exp, and cheaper. Also, godstaff is annoying having to always click it, it's worth it to get the void mace. Also, it definitely does not cost 1.1m and 2 hours to get claws. All you have to do is cast 100 claws of guthix in the arena, that costs 60k and takes 10 or so minutes. However, if you don't wanna spend time and money on 80 mage, then you can always just stick with fire wave.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Been using this for a while now, so thought i'd post for you.

This is an excellent guide.

The only things that could be debated were maybe seers ring for maging and archer for hybriding?

Also perhaps prayer pots and restores as opposed to just restores for maging invents?

Overall, excellent guide! =D>

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

• 3 weeks later...
Been using this for a while now, so thought i'd post for you.

This is an excellent guide.

The only things that could be debated were maybe seers ring for maging and archer for hybriding?

Also perhaps prayer pots and restores as opposed to just restores for maging invents?

Overall, excellent guide! =D>

I prefer using a berserker ring so my sgs specs hit higher :D

For a guthan hybrid, I only have 82 attack and 87 strength. Solo, would this be enough to kill supreme in time?

Also, is bunyip nessecary with guthans? would a tort be more effective?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Hi, really like your guide!

I've been to DKs once before - Guthan Maging, and died spectacularly because i wasn't watching my prayer and got owned by a 67 mage attack courtesy of prime.

I have however, decided to give it another go, this time with Verac maging, i got the void mace especially for it :D

I did just want to ask, if you think ill have any problems; and which you reccomend - team with hybrids or duo/trio mage.

My stats are: (to save you the trouble of looking at my sig)

Defence: 80

Prayer: 68

Mage: 78

Hp: 82

I have some experience with the DKs, not all of it great :oops:

2v8sgvs.png

Before doing any maging at Dagannoth Kings, the very first thing that you need to do is get 80 magic. 80 is the required level to cast charge which makes Claws of Guthix hit up to 30. Without charge, Claws of Guthix is just like Fire wave but twice as expensive. Also remember to bring a Guthix cape or it will still only hit up to 20.

With your stats, once you get 80 mage, you would be able to Duo/trio mage with ease, although you would not be able to mage by yourself very easily. You could do it but you would be getting hit quite a bit. Before maging by yourself, I would suggest you raise your mage and defence up 5-10 levels, and get your summoning up to 68 for a bunyip. Summoning helps so much with Dk'ing that I never go there without a familiar. If you don't want to train your summoning up, then atleast use a spirit terrorbird to carry some extra Brews and super restores.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Immense guide, i actually love DKing now.

I do maging with slayer dart, but the videos helped with trapping it n' stuff.

Trip 1 (Duo): Nothing

Trip 2 (Duo): Two coinshared berserker rings.

Trip 3 (Solo): One warrior ring.

Trip 4 (Solo): One warrior ring.

Dk's are good money, lol. Thanks for the guide :D

AvantGardeSignaturev3.png

Great guide, thanks for making it!

I have a question that always puzzled me though. Do you use mage protect prayer when soloing? (Rex)

Some guides say you do, others dont, and yours doesnt seem to mention it. If you are meant to use mage protect, what is the problem with Prime getting on you, since you will be protected from his attacks anyway?

Many thanks!

-Chaz

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

Great guide, thanks for making it!

I have a question that always puzzled me though. Do you use mage protect prayer when soloing? (Rex)

Some guides say you do, others dont, and yours doesnt seem to mention it. If you are meant to use mage protect, what is the problem with Prime getting on you, since you will be protected from his attacks anyway?

Many thanks!

-Chaz

If you are using guthans, you shouldn't have to use Mage protect very much at all, especially if you have a good familiar to heal you. If you are using veracs, you will need to use it almost all the time if you don't have a familiar, but the better familiar you get, the less you have to have it on. With a unicorn, I very rarely need it but it is still helpful when I'm getting hit by a lot of spinolyps. And it's bad getting prime on you because sometimes you really don't need mage pray, and sometimes your pray might drop and then you are usually dead within a couple hits.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Thanks for the fast reply! After reading it I went ahead with my first ever Solo mage attempt!

I got a Dragon Axe and a Warrior Ring! Total spoils were 2001k! :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the guide, ill be sure to start using this as my money making method!

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

i dont know what their max is but i know they can hit very very hard so watch out if you go kill them

wow thanks for stating the poorly phrased obvious?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbup:

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

• 3 weeks later...

^The bones are worth 7k and the hides 3k. The 125 (I think) prayer xp you get from burying them is only worth 1-2k or so. So it'd be smarter to bank the bones and leave the hides.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: