1. 1. Will you use new Style?

• Finally that is what i needed
    • I like it but will use other styles
    • I cannot support it on forum i will use any other

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. Most people have already said this stuff, but..

*I'm so used to the quote button being at the top. I guess I could get used to its new location though.

*There's no link to the highscores for our runescape name on the sidebar.

*The background hurts my eyes. Sorry, but that's the biggest problem for me. White on gray is painful.

*The poster's name is in a very strange place. Maybe remove the black line separating it from the rest of the sidebar, and move the poster name down a little. (similar to the old forums?)

On the 'Post a reply' page (the one I'm on as I write this), the 'Topic Review' section needs some work:

*The posters' names are really tiny, and uncentered.

*The quote button is at the top. I really like it that way better, but shouldn't it match the regular forum style?

*The black bar/line is missing underneath the poster's name. (That's what I meant above)

Otherwise, it's a very nice theme. I like the buttons, the layout and all. Errdoth did a very nice job with it.

EDIT:

I also just noticed that the bar at the top (next to the Tip.It logo) doesn't work correctly unless you have higher resolution, and even then, you have to have a wide browser window.

Suggestion: have two bars instead of one?

Example:

(aligned to right) 0 new messages User Control Panel Logout [ handman003 ]

(aligned left or right, preferably left) FAQ Members Search View your posts (align right) Themes: [theme boxes]

EDIT 2:

The poster's name (the location of which I extremely dislike) on the sidebar should probably have a link to their profile page. Like, clicking handman003 on the left of this post previously would have brought you to memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=160202

EDIT3:

*There's no link to http://tip.it/runescape/?page=chat.htm on the forums any more. I think that really belongs here.

*In the "Go to page 1, 2, 3 Next" links at the bottom of a thread or board, it is hard to distinguish which page you are currently viewing. Maybe make the current page a tad bigger, or underline or embolden it?

EDIT4:

The rollover-underline effect on hyperlinks makes them hard to distinguish from other text. It's fancy and all, but having them always underlined is much more convenient.

EDIT5:

(In relation to EDIT3)

chat.php gives a 404 Not Found. Did we get rid of Javachat?

EDIT6:

Links to pages within forum.tip.it are shortened if "Do not automatically parse URLs" is not checked.

Example: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=745210 is shortened to viewtopic.php?f=10&t=745210.

EDIT7:

(In relation to the second part of EDIT3)

It is also hard to distinguish which page of the User Control Panel you are currently viewing (from the Options section on the left).

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

It is OKAY, but not the best. A few things I don't like is the New Topic AND Post Reply button at the top of the page and I tend to always click the wrong one. :wall: When you select the black theme on this one, the Moderators: section cannot be seen as it is also black. I don't like how each post streches and not the entire page either. The smilies are not transparentized very well, and I feel the themes at the top of the page is a little too close to the rest of the options. Personally I'd like to see it move down and go to the right of the page. Lastly I don't like the UCP setup at all for subsilver2. It is just so confusing. :|

I know I am being very picky, but that's about all I dislike and you asked for opinions. :P Certainly isn't my favorite, but I might use it for a bit.

~The Cow~

1.png
generic_signature.png

The Themes causes the forums to stretch :|

Oh poor TIF... what diet are we going to put it on this time? :lol:

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

The Themes causes the forums to stretch :|

The SubSilver2 theme needs to be reset, someone went and edited it before installing it and the crappy patch job they did looks less then professional. And I don't even know where to begin when it comes to the Tip.It theme.

I find the bar at the top of the tip.it theme that contains your username, FAQ, user control panel,etc to be a little to sqeezed together. Also the new post and reply buttons are hard to distinguish. Looking at different users names is hard to find just because they are small, i would like posters names to appear larger or in a more noticible color. Other than that I like the new tip.it forum skin.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Alright, I've been fixing/messing with a few things in the template, and just sent the updated one to silverion.

1) When a user isn't logged in, the color changer now stays on the right side of the screen, and the top navigation bar still "works" at 1024x768 resolution. (I'm at 1366x768, completely forgot to look at lower resolutions #-o )

2) The report image, along with some moderator action (delete, post info, et cetera) escaped my redesign the other day, they're fixed

3) I reorganized the in-post profile, making the username larger, and then changing the order so it is now Username, Rank, Rank Image, Avatar, Online/Offline, and then the profile info.

4) The edit, quote, and report buttons have been moved to the top right of the post, as opposed to the bottom right.

5) A few colors have been fixed (such as moderators list in the forum being black), links in posts are underlined, and if an image is wider than the post, the post scrolls.

A general example of the changes is at http://p27.us/phpBB3

I can forgive failing to look at lower resolutions, Errdoth... Just as long as you remember to come back and fix it, of course. :P

Yeah, once this theme is all tuned up, it should become my permanent choice, possibly even over SubSilver2 ... :mrgreen:

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

All right looking a quite a bit better. :) Still don't like the New Topic and New Post next to each other at the top though. Especially with how slow some areas of the forums are being, clicking the wrong one is very annoying. :lol:

Just remove newtopic from the view post page? I've never understood why it was there in the first place..

Handman, most of your suggestions/bugs have been fixed. I dunno about javachat or urls, I don't think that's in the template, but I am going to try to make the page numbers easier to see.

EDIT: They're nice and big now (which is what she said)

http://p27.us/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1

longquote

A general example of the changes is at http://p27.us/phpBB3

Thanks! Very nice. I only really noticed one thing that bugged me. (with Firefox's width at 1000 px)

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8548/55641518mz5.png

Of course, it's not that big of a deal. Don't worry about it if it's too much trouble. :)

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

I like the theme, both tip.it and pro silver. :mrgreen: However, I don't see why we need a friends/foes list :o I mean, aren't we supposed to be a COMMUNITY?!? :wall: Shouldn't we all get along. :roll: Its truly a shame :shame: some people feel the need to isolate people we dislike, :( and I think it would better for you guys to work on something to help bring us together, not something that will bring is apart. :pray:

Good Work on the new design, it looks GREAT =P But please take into consideration what I said about the Friends/Foes list.

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

All right looking a quite a bit better. :) Still don't like the New Topic and New Post next to each other at the top though. Especially with how slow some areas of the forums are being, clicking the wrong one is very annoying. :lol:

Just remove newtopic from the view post page? I've never understood why it was there in the first place..

I looked around the UCP, but I couldn't find this option. How would I go about doing it? :|

1.png
generic_signature.png

I looked around the UCP, but I couldn't find this option. How would I go about doing it? :|

afaik, there isn't one. I meant that as a possible solution. Like: "How would you propose solving this? By removing newtopic from the post page?"

Anyway, I deleted it from the view post page.

Well, it definitely fits in with the main site, and i think it's great! =D>

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

<<<Quote Snip>>>

Anyway, I deleted it from the view post page.

I wish you hadn't. I get ideas sometimes while reading topics, and just want to jump directly to the "Compose New Topic" page, so I won't lose my thought before I can type it. :(

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I can only get 2 background colours, elemental and dragon, is this supposed to be like this?

EDIT: turns out the rest of the themes were off the screen and I had to scroll across to get them #-o

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

I'll use it, but I'd prefer to just use the prosilver. It's just the logo in the top left links to the index instead of the help site. It's driving me craaaazy.

Foooman.png