UPDATED Finally new/old forum style!

Will you use new Style?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use new Style?

• Finally that is what i needed
    • I like it but will use other styles
    • I cannot support it on forum i will use any other

UPDATE Sat Jun 15, 2008:

I fixed/messed with a few things in the template.

1) When a user isn't logged in, the color changer now stays on the right side of the screen, and the top navigation bar still works at 1024x768. (I'm at 1366x768, completely forgot to look at lower resolutions #-o )

2) 4 images escaped my redesign the other day, they're included

3) I reorganized the in-post profile, making the username larger, and then changing the order so it is now Username, Rank, Rank Image, Avatar, Online/Offline, and then the profile info.

4) The edit, quote, and report buttons have been moved to the top right of the post, as opposed to the bottom right.

5) A few colors have been fixed (such as moderators list in the forum being black), links in posts are underlined, and if an image is wider than the post, the post scrolls.

6) The new post button has been removed from the topic view page, it has no reason to be there anyway.

7) Posts slightly alternate in color to make it easier to distinguish between them

END OF UPDATE

Yesterday we installed a new homemade style for phpBB which gives to the forums the same look & feel as the main site,

HIP HIP hooray for Errdoth who did really great Job of creating this new style in so short time!

Remember that you can change your style in the User Control Panel by clicking on Board Preferences and then use the drop down menu to select one of available styles :) Some people like this new style, some will like prosilver more and we are working to add even more so most people can find one they like or just change them to fit their mood.

Link to get there fast ---> Board Preferences

Of course, that is not all. We are adding even more new features for all users. We've just added the Friends/Foes list ability, so you can avoid reading posts from people you don't like, and also you can see the online status of your friends, and send them some of upcoming new smiley's !

You can manage it also from Board preferences under Friends & Foes section :)

thanks for reading and have fun with new features and styles!

Your

Tip.it team

Silverion.png

You know this guy was once a top smith in all Runescape :P

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, this is what TIF should look like, good job!

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

i love it, like anything we have to give it a chance

just some font colours are very hard to the eyejust like thisor this

but if most people stick to bolder colours it will be fine

actually when i look its the bolder colours that i have difficulty with #-o

GREAT JOB ALL ROUND =D>

when i try to preview while writting my topic it jumps back very quickly and you do not get the chance to preview

It looks fantastic. Originally i was hoping for a new version of the old green evrsion of subsilver i used to use, but i'll be sticking with this new one. there's still some tweaks to it that could be done.. some of the name colours clash quite badly atm, but the style as a whole is great =D>

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Very nice. I would sort of like the quote bar in the upper right hand corner of a post along with report. It's just so weird for me.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Very nice. I would sort of like the quote bar in the upper right hand corner of a post along with report. It's just so weird for me.

Agreed, I keep on mixing up which button is the one for the post above and which one is for the post below.

However, It's a breath of fresh forum.tip.it air, and hopefully we will get this skin as good as the one before, It's nearly there already!

However, I don't think that we needed the excessive choice for font colour, I think that 10 is enough.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I do like the new theme but their are some minor things that need to be fixed. I know that it was a huge accomplishment making this theme in like 2 days, but stuff needs to be fixed.

I noticed that the themes at the top of the page are uneven with the brown tool bar, like it needs to be moed over to the right like the one on the main site page. Some of the colors clash, mostly the mod and admin colors, and I miss the quote, edit post, and report buttons being at the top.

Other then that it is a really nice theme. Its exactly what I imagined what the forums would look like right when I joined.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of it. Not at all liking where the name of the poster is located, nor the "online/offline" thing (it's a stupid feature). I also think there should be more contrast between the thread/subforum links and the text beneath. Everything else looks nice though, I just think there are some aesthetic choices that I'd like to see changed.

Will all skins installed follow the same layout/design?

2009rb9.jpg

prosilvers easier on the eyes

Are you crazy? :|

I really like this new style, except for the fact that I would like the online/offline thing either removed or more lenient for you guys I want the location of the online/offline thing switched with the username.

Thank you for your hard work :mrgreen:

Test:[hide=]I never knew the true leader of Tip.it before this crash, guess it's you Silverion

IMG TEST: slayerhelmetstats.jpg[/hide]

EDIT: Also, why doesn't it show our runescape username on the side for a link to the highscores?

prosilvers easier on the eyes

Are you crazy? :|

I really like this new style, except for the fact that I would like the online/offline thing either removed or more lenient for you guys I want the location of the online/offline thing switched with the username.

Whats wrong with the online/offline thing?

And yes if you think prosliver was easier on the eyes your crazy.

canadasigxw2.gif

hoffman44redhd5.png