Mining Sucks

Stewie_Griffen

Mining does need some sort of update. Unless Jagex are apealling to idiots, they should add a creative & effective way to train it, instead of [Click. Rock. Duh. Click. Rock. Duh.].

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so everyone else says that WCing > mining because you can AFK WCing better. For me, it's the exact opposite. I can concentrate more on mining and thus can endure it longer because it forces me to pay attention. Whenever I'm walking from guild to bank, for example, I may go on a forum, but while mining I have to watch there. With AFK-able skills I usually give up in short order.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Lol. THis is hilarious. Mining is the last skill that can't be easily maxed out. Youare asking for Jagex to make it an easy skill? No.

Mining has been in the game since Runescape was opened. Very little has changed since then except new mining spots and two new ores: granite and limestone and a few other quest-related ores.

If you really want 85 or 99, then work for it!

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

most of the skills in f2p receive very few updates

when was the last time a new tree or fishing spot was introduced?

Few weeks ago witht he new lumbridge tutorial?

When was the last time you went outside?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

To love mining, one must have an acquired taste ::'. I doubt that many would ever develop a passion for the skill even with several updates to the current way to extract ores, current selection of pickaxes, or even the addition of a "drop all" option for the aggressive powerminer (like me occassionally lol). It is an incredibly mind numbing skill and its merely meant to be a gathering skill...nothing more and nothing less. How can one make gathering more exciting eh? Kind of hard to ponder ain't it :D?

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Mining is not high on my list of fave skills.

I think they should probably at least get a Dragon Pic-axe though. I mean woodcutters have a Dragon Axe...But to be honest, I can't tell it is any better than a rune axe as far as woodcutting goes...sure it has higher combat stats, but as far as just cutting faster, I can't tell it does.

And if you do think it sucks, just find a skill you do like to concentrate on.

Personally, I think excelling at one skill for money, where you have to jump worlds for it to be profitable is..well it is not for me. I know of plenty of things to do to make a mil or more a day that don't require me to hop worlds all the time.

in4F.gif

I think they should probably at least get a Dragon Pic-axe though. I mean woodcutters have a Dragon Axe...But to be honest, I can't tell it is any better than a rune axe as far as woodcutting goes...sure it has higher combat stats, but as far as just cutting faster, I can't tell it does.

Personally, I think excelling at one skill for money, where you have to jump worlds for it to be profitable is..well it is not for me. I know of plenty of things to do to make a mil or more a day that don't require me to hop worlds all the time.

As an unfortunately avid wc-er, I can vouch that the difference is minimal; definitely not worth the 1.9m . A D-pick would probably be more costly and just as effective as the rune.

i agree and then when your 85 theres about wut 5 rune rocks maybe...7? but still you have 2 go out too the far end in the wildy and they take 1hour 2 respawn and give 1! yes 1 ore....i agree mining is pushed in Jagex's closet and newver too be looked at....support :thumbup:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

i agree and then when your 85 theres about wut 5 rune rocks maybe...7? but still you have 2 go out too the far end in the wildy and they take 1hour 2 respawn and give 1! yes 1 ore....i agree mining is pushed in Jagex's closet and newver too be looked at....support :thumbup:

There are a lot of rune rocks outside the wilderness, you just have to be a member to get there.

As for them taking an "hour" to respawn, that's why you world hop when mining rune.

Rune has already gotten cheap enough as it is, making it even more accessible, or more f2p spots (Not in the wilderness), would just drop that price even more.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There are a lot of rune rocks outside the wilderness, you just have to be a member to get there.

As for them taking an "hour" to respawn, that's why you world hop when mining rune.

Rune has already gotten cheap enough as it is, making it even more accessible, or more f2p spots (Not in the wilderness), would just drop that price even more.

I believe this classifies as 'Owned'. ::'

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Actually there's quite a science to it. The respawn times are as follow:

Full World --> 12 minute respawn

1800 People --> 14 minute respawn

1600 People --> 16 minute respawn

1300 People --> 18 minute respawn

1100 People --> 19 minute respawn

1000 People --> 20 minute respawn

600-900 People --> 22 minute respawn

<550 People --> 24 minute respawn

[hide=Super Secret Tip]I time a world according to the amount of people on the world and come back after the timed duration has passed on that world. On a good day I can get up to 10 worlds timed and mine a full inventory every 1.5-2 hours.[/hide]

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Well here is the short sweet simple answer Don't train it.

Now to the long(er) answer for educated people, if they were to make it like woodcutting then I bet you would be right back on this forum whining "y r coal prices 2gp?"

Loi86.png

[hide=Super Secret Tip]I time a world according to the amount of people on the world and come back after the timed duration has passed on that world. On a good day I can get up to 10 worlds timed and mine a full inventory every 1.5-2 hours.[/hide]

it takes 30-1hour to respawn read the mining guid if your dont beliave me :-#

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Mining isn't even close to as rewarding as it used to be.

It is.

@topic

If mining changes I'll be the first to leave Runescape, that's a promise. It's boring at sometimes i agree, but honestly do you really enjoy clicking a willow tree then next tab reading forums? I think they made every skill so easy that's the game itself is ridicolous.

it takes 30-1hour to respawn read the mining guid if your dont beliave me :-#

I've personally tested those times and they are all 99% accurate ;). I obtained them from some old guide post.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Imagine getting 99 Woodcutting with willows, except that the willows only give you one log each. And that you don't have a Dragon Woodcutting axe, or a bird nest to get the chance of a Magic/Spirit Seed, or even some new log to look for. That's pretty much what mining is like. Not really... you can't compare the two skills really.

It has almost never been updated except for the occasional quest-related ore or item, it's slow, it's tedious, Very. But then again, thats opinion

and it's not very profitable until 85. Too false. Never mined Granite or gold yet eh...?

It needs new ores, new equipment, and some way that you don't have to click each and every ore. Eh, wouldn't that destroy the uniqueness of Mining? Fishing, cooking, woodcutting, fletching, ect. You want another easy skill...?

Discuss.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

tat's provided u dun have other miners competing with you for the rune rocks.. i've tried and bumping into fellow rune miners always happens.. instead of hoping 10 worlds, i may have to hope 30 or so to get the ores.. :lol:

tat's provided u dun have other miners competing with you for the rune rocks.. i've tried and bumping into fellow rune miners always happens.. instead of hoping 10 worlds, i may have to hope 30 or so to get the ores.. :lol:

That's why the key words in my tip are "on a good day" ;) ...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

As an unfortunately avid wc-er, I can vouch that the difference is minimal; definitely not worth the 1.9m . A D-pick would probably be more costly and just as effective as the rune.

Probably. The one use of the Dragon Axe that is actually worth something is slaying the Jade Vine. All you can wield is an axe and dragon weaponry is far superior to rune.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?