Mining Sucks

Stewie_Griffen

Yep, it sucks from time to time. Its boring and woodcutting, now theres a good skill to train. In mining, you've got to worry about people trying to get the ore and of course you hope that a scorpion will come and gobble them up so you can mine in peace.

Frustrating skill, it needs an update alright. Its long overdue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I have to agree. Mining, when it was invented, was designed to simulate the tedium and effort needed, but with potentially big rewards.

What "Big" rewards there is no rewards except even slower mining? I know the mith ore, addy ore rune ore is alot, but it is slower than magics.

s1r_eatalot.png

old acc bk <3

I'm afraid I have to agree. Mining, when it was invented, was designed to simulate the tedium and effort needed, but with potentially big rewards.

What "Big" rewards there is no rewards except even slower mining? I know the mith ore, addy ore rune ore is alot, but it is slower than magics.

Hmm lets see. At 85, there is this rock called runite. In f2p, I can mine 20 ores in about 40 minutes with 2 scouts. Thats a decent 400k per hour. How much money per hour is magics?

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Hmm lets see. At 85, there is this rock called runite. In f2p, I can mine 20 ores in about 40 minutes with 2 scouts. Thats a decent 400k per hour. How much money per hour is magics?

I know, but I think people would prefer to wc magics, 28 logs takes around 20 mins at 76-78, which is quicker, Yes I know less cash but it's still good cash -.-

s1r_eatalot.png

old acc bk <3

I don't see why they would prefer magics over runite mining. Sure, you just have to sit there at magics while you browse forums, but people are after the money which would be greater in runite mining, and don't think runite is the only ore that yields profit. Granite (500g), is the other rock that can be mined for profit. I'm looking at the grand exchange right now and it's at 1.8k median price, that's more profit and exp than a magic log (1.3k median)

Mining should stay the way it is forever. All these skills are becoming way too easy with all these "X' methods. It's one of few hard skills left in the game. It's easier to profit from now than in the past. Granite is in demand for many summoners, and if you have the level (which is not hard to level to.) they sell for 1.8k a pop.

Something.png

Mining is good as it is, it's slow but rewarding, people seem to have something against slow xp. Thats why I'm ftp, members is too easy, gets to many updates that just make things easier.

Mining ftw! <3:

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

Mining is one of my favorite skills <3: and it was the first one i ranked in... :thumbsup: Its the only non combat skill that is remotely like real life anyway (minus the fictional metals of course) but I think it's cool like that... Maybe I'm just weird :shock: :ugeek:

one thing i would change: a small, and i mean small amount of strength exp for each rock, like 1exp. for every two ores or something. One would think that whacking rocks with a piece of metal on a stick woud make you at least a little stronger...

how many runescapers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and the rest to complain about how the first one was better

There are lots of bad people in the world, but they're like slinkies; you can have so much fun pushing them down two flights of stairs...

Arigorn_380.png

My previous acount, 'WeirdAl_fan' was unable to be recovered after the crash...

personally, i enjoy woodcutting the most out of mining fishing and woodcutting.

fishing is my worst because im f2p and the best fishing spot for a level like me is karamja and its so unnecessarily far from a bank. but anyway mining is ok but i want more mith rocks in the mining guild along with a few addy maybe?

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

Think about it. Mining is made easier so more ppl get lvl 85 as it takes less effort and time. They then go on to mine rune. More people are mining rune as it is quicker/easier etc...

More supply means the price goes down, so in the end nobody really gains.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

I know, but I think people would prefer to wc magics, 28 logs takes around 20 mins at 76-78, which is quicker, Yes I know less cash but it's still good cash -.-

i did the math, 94k an hour at level 85. Monks are 110k per hour at that level, sharks are 95k an hour, and green dragons are about 320k an hour.

(if you have 52 summoning that is)

i did the math, 94k an hour at level 85. Monks are 110k per hour at that level, sharks are 95k an hour, and green dragons are about 320k an hour.

(if you have 52 summoning that is)

94k per hour for magics...vs. 400k for rune. I see.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

There is a reason why addy/rune ores are more expensive as other raw materials from woodcutting or fishing.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

There is a reason why addy/rune ores are more expensive as other raw materials from woodcutting or fishing.

And that reason is most likely because;

mining is alot harder and mroe time consuming that fishing/woodcutting

there is a huge supply of sharks/lobsters/monkfish and little demand, where as there is a huge demand for high level ores, and little supply.

Well it's not that bad. At least not as many people mine, and more hike off to the woods or docks.

Mining sucks?! YOU SUCK!! :P

I've always said they'll release a dragon pickaxe the day after I get 99, haha.

To be honest you need more difficult or boring skills such as mining, smithing and farming to make up for skills such as cooking, fletching etc, which are easier. Otherwise so many people would have 99 everything :wall:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Right.. Someone end the mining rants? :wall:

Anyway, yes, it's a tedious skill. But, for the price of the ore? Pfft, stop your whining, coal is rising a bit, and quite needed. 30 mining to get that.

Stop complaining how wc is so easy. It's barely as profitable as mining.

Here, lemme do a bit of math for ya.

A money making mining level is 20, another, 30, and another, 55, and another, 60, and another, 70, and then 85 (?) for runite ore, which itself is about 11k.

Levels of mining:

20: Silver ore; 200gp ea

30: Coal; 200+gp ea

40: Gold; ~350gp ea

55 Mith; ~200gp ea

60 Mining guild - heaps of coal and mith

70(?): Addy ore - 2k ea? (I may be way off)

85(?): Runite ore, 11k.

Now, think about wc?

At like 60 wc, cutting down the equivelent* of ~200gp of willows, (about 10) would be in the time it takes to mine.. 2, maybe tops 4 coal at 60 mining?

Real profitable skills take time. So be patient. :shame:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I do think mining is tedious, but the reward at the end of it is so great. Mining is one of the skills left that people work damn hard at. It can't be bought, it isn't easy as click, wait, click. You want mining to become easy so you can get the reward at the end easily. I suggest you move onto other skills. Mining may be hard, but it is a good skill and I think it should be kept the way it is.

Mining should be kept the way it is. I have put TOO MUCH sweat into my mouse for iron ores to be degraded into multiple ores per rock.

Mining is still the most profitable f2p skill.

Levels of mining:

20: Silver ore; 200gp ea

30: Coal; 200+gp ea

40: Gold; ~350gp ea

55 Mith; ~200gp ea

60 Mining guild - heaps of coal and mith

70(?): Addy ore - 2k ea? (I may be way off)

85(?): Runite ore, 11k.

Now, think about wc?

At like 60 wc, cutting down the equivelent* of ~200gp of willows, (about 10) would be in the time it takes to mine.. 2, maybe tops 4 coal at 60 mining?

Real profitable skills take time. So be patient. :shame:

If you're making and selling steel bars on the GE, steel bars are around 630. Iron ores are extremely easy to mine, and are 100 on the GE. Coal is 200 on the GE. So, buy 2 coals, mine your iron ore, and you get 200+ gp per bar, plus smithing exp.

WC on the other hand... willow logs are around 20 each. Yew logs are 415, and their respawn rate is horrible. And all the autoers are still woodcutting. I see them at work everytime I enter Falador by the south gate.

Think about the time and effort needed for woodcutting. This rant has no point.

I do think mining is tedious, but the reward at the end of it is so great. Mining is one of the skills left that people work damn hard at. It can't be bought, it isn't easy as click, wait, click. You want mining to become easy so you can get the reward at the end easily. I suggest you move onto other skills. Mining may be hard, but it is a good skill and I think it should be kept the way it is.

If i could I would hug you. THAT IS THE SAME line I have to give people.

If you want ez stats, go to something else but I like mining the way it is. if you have a high mining lvl, it means you earned it. Which one looks more impressive.

99 fletching

or

99 mining

The answer is obvious. (those of you that say 99 fletching is more impressive, just stop the last reaction of your ETS). Mining is a VERY important stat to RS. Seen the fewest of updates thus it still retains its original glow (minus the fact that you could fail to mine an ore) SO to end my rant

NO Dragon Mining Pic

NO multi-ore

NO Exp boosting equipment

NO Click N Wait

Dont like this stat then move to something different until jagex manages to screw up mining

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

Plenty of skills have been raped already, stay off mining. Cooking, fletching and thieving aren't even skills anymore, after Jagex introduced their updates. They're gimmicks now. Mining should stay the way it is, for the sake of actually achieving something.

You know, I think I'd be even more happy with the old mining animation rather than more exp per ore, like I said earlier.

Agreed :thumbup:

+1 :thumbup:

I already commented on-topic before.

Mining sucks?! YOU SUCK!! :P

I've always said they'll release a dragon pickaxe the day after I get 99, haha.

To be honest you need more difficult or boring skills such as mining, smithing and farming to make up for skills such as cooking, fletching etc, which are easier. Otherwise so many people would have 99 everything :wall:

She has a good point. Anyways, Mining isn't even that bad. They should add in some more Rune rocks though.