"weird" slayer tasks

nacfan

i think jagex changed it so that the slayer master can give you the same task consecutively...good and bad i guess depending on whether u like the task...the thing is that after doing it for 5 times in a row you feel like blocking it but you know that you will want to do it again in future...=S

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a problem for me too (as im going for that helm, 130 points so far)

So I use chaelder, cause his tasks are easier and its still 10 points per task. Ive been getting pretty ok tasks, basilisks and fire giants and the like, and then I get 116 blue dragons. Im like, ok, cool. so I kill about half of them with range, then I switch to meleeing the baby blues. Im done, I go back, and... 124 blue dragons. This time I want to speed it up, so I do only 1 inventory of ranging the lvl 111s and then go back to meleeing the babies. I go back to chaelder, hoping and praying that it won't be a blues task... 1-2-6 b-l-u-e d-r-a-g-o-n-s. Now Im really pissed, but I need that helm, so I do it, purely meleeing the babies. I go back, noose IN HAND in case he assigns me any more $#*#@ dragons. 150 basilisks! yes! something different! I kill them (and turn a handsome 110k profit) and go back to chaelder, feeling good. HE ASSIGNS ME 164 ******* BLUE DRAGONS.

(I did the ****** task.)

P.s. these events took place over several days, i have a life tbh.

Join Epiphany!

I really hope that they change it back to the old way. One of my favorite things about slayer was the way that it broke up the monotony of training. Even getting tasks that I like like 180ish dusties twice in a row irritates me. I've been cancelling all kinds of nice tasks like those since I got my helmet and blacklisted terrorbirds and wyverns(I got my first ever wyvern task with 3k xp left till 83 slayer btw :lol: )

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

same thing is happening to me, just not that ofter. Ill get a good task, like dags, then get fire giants, then get iron drags, burthorpe it, then iron drags...

killer%202650.png

Click here to visit my Blog

GWD Drops:: Sara Sword(2); Bandos Boots(2); Steam Staff Split(4)

Dragon:: Boots (16); Whips (2); Dragon (Skirt(2), Helmet(2), Left Half(3))

Dagganoth:: Axes(3) Berserker(3) Mud Staff(2) Seers(1)

No Barrows Drops

99's:: Fletching, Cooking, Attack, Firemaking, Defence,Hitpoints, Magic

y_anima"]
This is why I'm sticking with the 10-task-trick until I get enough points to block stuff.

ooo expand on this please?

Do 9 canifis tasks and one Shilo village task. Repeat. I get 180 points a day with this.

Well, my past few tasks have been:

170 greaters

180 greaters

160 dusties <3:

175 greaters

53 black drags

199 hells (ban listed)

53 more black dragons

I see alot of repetitiveness, and i really need a task that will drop me a few good herb seeds for my daily farming runs :x

oh well, at least i got a lot of crimson charms

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. I have been so used to not having tasks the same one after another, because before the update it was impossible, but now, I sort of expect them. But.. 3 Black Demon tasks in a row is not very fun tbh. :cry:

But I guess 3 "fun" tasks in a row could be better than 1 fun and 2 annoying tasks.

Slayer Update = Amazing in my opinion.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

yeah i get this with water fiends

which would be awesome but honestly I probably shouldn't be fighting them

cause it costs alot of money for the prayer pots and then the super sets

and although i do love the crafting/mage exp and cash from the orbs

it takes me multiple trips to do them

I have 188 of them right now (biggest so far)

and I am contemplating canceling/blocking them

but i dont wanna use my points :XD:

punk_wasted_youth2.jpg

Don't cancel waterfiends. Just learn how to do them effectively. I'm sure sometime in your RS career you'll be hunting them, so why not do a bit now? If you can't kill half of the task in one trip, check your inventory, try out one of the few guides there are on them. It can't take you *that* long to finish a task, right? ::'

It does mean for, say, Spiritual Mage hunters, they don't need to do a Burthorpe task for the chance to get another Mage one.

Abyssal Demon hunters used to do that, at least.

yeah i keep getting fire giants :wall: Not that it really bothers me i just switch to lunars and use npc so i don't have to move.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

lol nice foley 8-)

My most recent slayer tasks were:

-Basilisks

-Lesser Demons

-Basilisks

-Bronze Dragons

-Bronze Dragons

-Lesser Demons

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

Well for the past week i've been having INSANE amounts of Abyssal Demon tasks. 8 out of the past 11 were Abby Demons. More before that. I'm not complaining,i'm just wondering why Duraedal loves me <3: 3 whips on task now :thumbsup:

edit: Make that 4 whips on task =p

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.