[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Pyro is good against spies, but that's kinda balanced out by how much he/she sucks vs. all the other classes.

Pyro is awesome, fire + airblast + axtinguisher = beast.(No hats though :cry: )

Pyros problem is getting in close...

Any good player will completely dominate a pyro just by staying out of range.

Through maps that require you to get to something draws anyone in the Pyro's range. ;)

That would be ambushing, then? Because yeah, that's really the only way to play pyro against semi-competent people. Even still, a lot of classes can still gib a pyro point blank before the pyro can kill them. Scouts can land a couple meatshots (200+ dmg), soldiers/demos can land 2 rockets/pipes, etc in the time it takes for a pyro to kill them.

jjroxlu7.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyro is good against spies, but that's kinda balanced out by how much he/she sucks vs. all the other classes.

Through maps that require you to get to something draws anyone in the Pyro's range. ;)

Spy is better for taking out people, such as snipers, medics and engies (along with buildings.) Classes for capping are scout and pyro. I have played a game on 2fort where a heavy went in by himself and got the intel, and returned it without a medic or dying. :x

Wow, talk about a nice case of Hide and Sandvich.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Even still, a lot of classes can still gib a pyro point blank before the pyro can kill them. Scouts can land a couple meatshots (200+ dmg), soldiers/demos can land 2 rockets/pipes, etc in the time it takes for a pyro to kill them.

The problem is landing those shots while you're on fire, flailing in the air.

Spy is better for taking out people, such as snipers, medics and engies (along with buildings.) Classes for capping are scout and pyro. I have played a game on 2fort where a heavy went in by himself and got the intel, and returned it without a medic or dying. :x

Wow, talk about a nice case of Hide and Sandvich.

He.... He had a shotgun, not Sandvich. :cry:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

We can have this argument until we're blue in the face. Why don't we just go into a game and see how many times you manage to kill me as pyro.

:thumbup:

I'm not even that good but I don't have problems with pyros. Also on the spy topic I find that I don't have a huge issue with pyros spy checking. Sure, sometimes it gets pretty [bleep]ing annoying when they just randomly shoot over by you but it doesn't happen to me often. Of course I'm really good at jukeing people with the C&D too.

Oh and it is funny as [cabbage] to kill a scout 1v1 with the revolver as a spy. It honestly happens more than you'd expect, some scouts are terrible. :lol:

We can have this argument until we're blue in the face. Why don't we just go into a game and see how many times you manage to kill me as pyro.

:thumbup:

I'm not even that good but I don't have problems with pyros. Also on the spy topic I find that I don't have a huge issue with pyros spy checking. Sure, sometimes it gets pretty [bleep] annoying when they just randomly shoot over by you but it doesn't happen to me often. Of course I'm really good at jukeing people with the C&D too.

Oh and it is funny as [cabbage] to kill a scout 1v1 with the revolver as a spy. It honestly happens more than you'd expect, some scouts are terrible. :lol:

Great scouts, like top-level competitive scouts=unstoppable.

Bad scouts=cannon fodder

jjroxlu7.jpg

Prepare for the next big TF2 update and the class of choice is the ......

[hide=Spoilers]CLASSLESS UPDATE.

Today we got word of EIGHTEEN NEW HATS.

Edit:Forgot a NEW MAP called Arena Offblast. :D[/hide]

Random.

It'd be real cool if you got all the achievements for the class that you'd get their hat automatically. Only saying that because I don't need many more for spy.

Random.

It'd be real cool if you got all the achievements for the class that you'd get their hat automatically. Only saying that because I don't need many more for spy.

Too bad for the unlocker thing. -.-

Anyways I'm 37/38 for pyro still need to finish Pyromancer only 1/4th of the way there. :(

Gah, when I try to change my weapons only the defaults are there, though I'm using what I had equipped yesterday, and when I look at class loadout it says "Cannot connect to Steam." Well I'm logged in on the main site, and I restarted the program itself, and it still doesn't work for some reason. :?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Gah, when I try to change my weapons only the defaults are there, though I'm using what I had equipped yesterday, and when I look at class loadout it says "Cannot connect to Steam." Well I'm logged in on the main site, and I restarted the program itself, and it still doesn't work for some reason. :?

It's the server.

jjroxlu7.jpg

It's the server.

If it is, then it's every server because it doesn't work anywhere.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It's the server.

If it is, then it's every server because it doesn't work anywhere.

steam community was down, but it is up now.

Random.

Anyways I'm 37/38 for pyro still need to finish Pyromancer only 1/4th of the way there. :(

I know. I think I'm up to 220,000 or so, something like that. And I'm almost at 24 hours as Pyro, too. Awesome.

I think I'm trying to make a taunt kill vid, but it's a lot harder then I would have thought. I got one yesterday, and managed to take out a sniper and a tele exit, but I wasn't recording at the time :wall:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I use a Rockband mic :thumbsup:

How do you get hats? Are they random drops, or from achievements or what? I've found plenty of weapons but no hats.

Wish I knew this before hand - good fight $20.00. -.-

Random.

I know. I think I'm up to 220,000 or so, something like that. And I'm almost at 24 hours as Pyro, too. Awesome.

I think I'm trying to make a taunt kill vid, but it's a lot harder then I would have thought. I got one yesterday, and managed to take out a sniper and a tele exit, but I wasn't recording at the time :wall:

Sniper taunt kills are easy. Might try that to get better with taunt kills.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Random.

Sniper taunt kills are easy. Might try that to get better with taunt kills.

I'm doing mostly pyro kills, but I might slide in a few sniper, maybe even DR spy if I can. I've gotten 2 so far, and on the same guy :lol: Ah, snipers. So oblivious. The second time, his buddy sniper saw me but was too late. I managed to taunt the first, but the second killed me. I may have killed him with afterburn. I've got them recorded as a demo, you can make movie files with the console, too, I think.

Also, I fail so hard at the hiding around the corner method. I've come close so many times, but been just slightly off.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

There's a way to turn demo files into avi's, however it's a little complicated and fills up your hard drive insanely fast because of the quality it's at.

For the record, I think knex mastered humiliation taunt killing. At the end of every game he gets at least 1 taunt kill.

jjroxlu7.jpg